Kings Cross Suburban

Pete 75C

I think what manna means is that there were some shallow steps up to the covered ramp from platform 17, they wouldn't have been visible in Mike's shot which was taken inside the ramp. As an alternative to the level access that I've given from platform 17, I did try the step solution using a few offcuts of plasticard but, to my mind, it didn't look quite right. I plan to have a line of Brutes parked up on platform 17 and steps would have thwarted that idea.

The Brutes would have been dragged the whole length of Platform 16, then around onto Platform 17, as the 'Pointy' bit of the two platforms are joined together.

I might have forgotten about that way round...

:sclerosis:

I think what manna means is that there were some shallow steps up to the covered ramp from platform 17, they wouldn't have been visible in Mike's shot which was taken inside the ramp. As an alternative to the level access that I've given from platform 17, I did try the step solution using a few offcuts of plasticard but, to my mind, it didn't look quite right. I plan to have a line of Brutes parked up on platform 17 and steps would have thwarted that idea.

Perhaps they 'brutes' are really Daleks :jester:

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick (non)update to let you all know that Kings Cross will be swapping places with my Spanish layout for a month or two. Although I now have the space to have both set up,  I only really have the room to work on one at a time. Having purchased some bargain Spanish stock, I got the dust sheet off the other layout for a play and then got a bit sidetracked. It needs some unforeseen remedial work and I've decided to add catenary to it, so this layout will now be set up in the model room for a while and Kings Cross will have to go and live under the dust sheet. There is no way I can work on two layouts simultaneously - I'll get confused (it doesn't take much).

As the Spanish layout is much nearer completion, it does make sense to get it finished.

• Like 5

• 7 months later...

OK, a long overdue update on the Kings X layout, and it's not good news (for me)...

Following a rather acrimonious split from my wife (no sympathy please, I'm much happier for it), I'm still living in Sheringham, but my daughter and I are now in a rather lovely (but small) brick/flint cottage a stone's throw from the beach. The layout is, as we speak, stranded in the former family home at the other end of town. If and when it is liberated, I have to face facts that I have no room for it here. So... at some point in the future, I am tempted to offer it free of charge to anyone on RMWeb that can do it justice and is in a position to collect. I'm not having much luck lately getting anything finished! I feel a micro on a Tim Horn 1200mm x 300mm board may be on the cards. Watch this space.

Edit: ...if anyone's wondering why my previous posts appear as "Guest", it's after a rather difficult struggle to get back online to the new incarnation of RMWeb. Andy York went above and beyond to sort that out - respect.

Edited by Pete 75C
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Gold

I thought you'd brought that bike and were now just uploading helmet cam views of dick heads to Youtube......

42 minutes ago, Pete 75C said:

I feel a micro on a Tim Horn 1200mm x 300mm board may be on the cards. Watch this space.

Ahem....Lost your boardbuilding skills too..:D

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chris p bacon said:

Ahem....Lost your boardbuilding skills too..:D

No, they're still intact, alas the space to use them is rather lacking. The thought of assembling a simple laser-cut baseboard kit is appealing though, but yes I admit, a little on the lazy side too...

3 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Good to see you back.

Thanks Clive.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Pete 75C said:

So... at some point in the future, I am tempted to offer it free of charge to anyone on RMWeb that can do it justice and is in a position to collect.

That is a very tall order to follow for some of us...... Your modelling skills and eye to detail are brilliant.....

Anyway, welcome back

Jim

• Agree 1