New Heljan UK Operations Boss Announced...

John M Upton

Hope he finds the missing railbus in 00 that they promised.

Stewart

At Warley 2009, it was announced that four different railbuses were all currently in development for 2010 or 2011 release. There were five in each of the full-size classes. I had hopes that the Bristol ones (only two were built) would follow but here we are, still waiting for the Wickhams. Time for fireworks underneath some posteriors, perhaps.

A Class 06 is the next focus  :sungum:

(says the contributor with so many Danish Blue Bo-Bo boxes that it's close on a moral outrage)

I think Heljan chose the 07 wisely. No other RTR model is available and it also follows the B4 and USA Tank in sequence, for the historically minded among us.

Agreed, though, the 06 needs to be modelled to current standards.
  • Like 1

Can't believe it, it's been 24 hours since Ben was announced, there hasn't been a thread raised by Andy Y where Ben to reintroduces himself to RMWEB, the biggest UK model rail (no caps) forum, to tell us about his plans in great detail with EP pictures AND ask for ideas for new products.

Nothing has changed at Heljan, no engagement, no idea.

P.S. The 06 seems a plausible shunter release to me and taps into the need for more Scottish models.

• RMweb Premium

It’s got to be good news that a Heljan take the U.K. market seriously . Good news all round I think. I was thinking with his magazine contacts maybe some commissions there?

Is Ben also editor of Hornby collector or have I gone off course somewhere?

He's written a few things in the past that suggest the grey cells function efficientlyl, so here's hoping that this works well for him and the customers.

Can't believe it, it's been 24 hours since Ben was announced, there hasn't been a thread raised by Andy Y where Ben to reintroduces himself to RMWEB, the biggest UK model rail (no caps) forum, to tell us about his plans in great detail with EP pictures AND ask for ideas for new products...

Won't he be using this time before Martin Sanders retires to equip himself with the latest in frothproof clothing ready for the Telford show that is mentioned; and testing for the most effective rantblocker software available, before volunteering for any on line contact with the undisciplined horde?

• Like 1

It’s got to be good news that a Heljan take the U.K. market seriously . Good news all round I think. I was thinking with his magazine contacts maybe some commissions there?

Is Ben also editor of Hornby collector or have I gone off course somewhere?

Well he was definitely editor of the last edition of The Collector I just received. Heljan can be Hit or Miss with their models so let's hope he can drive the icing on the cake.

• RMweb Gold

At least not as an 06 - there was the departmental one in Reading in the mid 80's...

Which as discussed previously, did carry its 06 number for a brief while upon arrival.

See: http://railphotoprints.uk/p267893861/h1B012B19#h1b012b19 (obviously not my photo!)

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge

Unfortunately.  i think it spent as much time broken as it did capable of working.  However Heljan have long been fans of lost causes in BR's dieselisation so an 06 would fit their MO.

That's what made it easy to spot back in the day, and probably why us enthusiasts of a certain age in the area at the time are rather fond of it :)

• RMweb Gold

That's what made it easy to spot back in the day, and probably why us enthusiasts of a certain age in the area at the time are rather fond of it :)

Indeed I never saw it move at Reading.. it was always just “there”.

We don’t need Heljan to do it.. Atlas would do :-)

Great news.... time to dish out the wish list....class 89 , Hst prototype, improved 86 or at at least one in res livery for starters.

Just ideas

Unless the 86 tooling was past its best from the original runs this is great idea.  

So many variations.   At least a new body to sort out the foibles as the chassis was pretty much perfect and well weighted too.  Shame to waste it.................

Can Heljan stop using those awful plastic optics for its lighting features too........once they break.................

Cab lights in the diesels (and electrics)

Great news.... time to dish out the wish list....class 89 , Hst prototype, improved 86 or at at least one in res livery for starters.

I,ll second the class 89. I still regret missing out the Silver Fox version.

Prototype still exists, 3 great liveries and a wonderful eye catching shape with great big buffers. What more could one ask?

Congratulations Ben in your new post.

An idea for a new model that Heljan could do is the BR MKII Coach as Dapol is doing the MkI's.

It would be an idea to start with Blue and Grey, Regional Railways, Network South East and Intercity liveries for the Class 31/33/37/47/50 late 80's to early 1990's era.

Then the Southern Green and Maroon liveries for the Steam era could come as a later release?

Also, how about some special edition RTC Test Coaches in a similar fashion to what MR did in 4mm scale?