Another run of Dapol westerns

owentherail

1 hour ago, philg said:

Sorry to resurrect an old(ish) post, but I did read elsewhere that some of the older Dapol Westerns could have been poor runners

Has anyone experienced this? Have things been resolved recently??

Cheers

The very first run had issues. Mine were fine. Newer ones are fine 

• 1 month later...

When you consider its the 60th anniversary of the outshopping of D1000 in that unique Desert Sand livery . It would have been nice to market a version in 00'with SYP as not to clash with the long sold out version exclusive to 'Steam 'Museum.

Maybe Kernow models will commission a batch in ltd form. 

Edited by Suzy Sulzer
typo

• 1 month later...

Anyone replaced a wheel set? I have a new to me loco which has a slight wheel wobble on the leading and middle axle and I can't work out how the keeper plate comes off. Have to say I had an excellent response from DCC Supplies, a full detail set including brake rigging and 2 wheel sets arrived within 48hrs.

Here is D1065 Western Consort, it was running on fine scale track when the pictures were taken so the above request regarding replacing the wheels is not an issue. Weathering is actually toned down slightly, but does reflect the condition circa 1975. The headboard brackets were deleted after accident repairs at one end which I have done, etched lamp brackets( from RT Models) added at one due to my clumsiness and the boiler exhaust has been opened up.

D1065 pic 8.jpg

D1065 pic 7.jpg

D1065 pic 6.jpg

D1065 pic 2.jpg

Edited by w124bob
  • Like 7