MRJ 263

Wibble

Most probably a bit premature, seeing as it's still April in this part of the world. There must be a 263 version out before the end of May, as the release of this particular episode usually clashes with Railex..... the full page? advert usually being read after the event. 

No doubt there's still a dribble to come from the 262 thread, but looks like most of it's been covered. :no:

• 2 weeks later...

You mean like the Hattons Andrew Barclays?

No.

That particular offering has me gushing like a fountain rather than merely dribbling.

Going by my usual observation of sales in WHS, 262 was a top issue as it sold out long ago.

Bernard

• 2 weeks later...

There must be a 263 version out before the end of May, as the release of this particular episode usually clashes with Railex..... the full page? advert usually being read after the event. 

The latest issue, complete with full page Railex advert arrived here in Cheshire at lunchtime.

post-93-0-98592600-1527002133_thumb.jpg

post-93-0-39974800-1527002169_thumb.jpg

Geoff

Edited by sparky
  • Like 10

I will be in Ealing over the weekend and I shall have a look to see if 263 available in that esteemed branch of Smiffs,....

I can practically guarantee you disappointment on that score.

UPDATE: actually no, I can't. To my utter surprise just now in WHS Ealing, look what the cat dragged in:

post-6879-0-66857100-1527168650_thumb.jpg

Of course, anyone hoping to go to ExpoEM in the Diary list is going to find this of no help at all....

Edited by Horsetan

• RMweb Premium

I can practically guarantee you disappointment on that score.

UPDATE: actually no, I can't. To my utter surprise just now in WHS Ealing, look what the cat dragged in:

attachicon.gifIMG_20180524_142833.jpg

Of course, anyone hoping to go to ExpoEM in the Diary list is going to find this of no help at all....

Must have heard that I was coming.

It would be good to get my subscription copy by post, as WHS has it in-store.

Mick

Yes - what's happening to subscription deliveries lately?

I signed up for a subscription in the days when WHS were up to a week behing subscriptions; it seems to be the other way round now.

Makes you think ............ !

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• RMweb Gold

Yes - what's happening to subscription deliveries lately?

I signed up for a subscription in the days when WHS were up to a week behing subscriptions; it seems to be the other way round now.

Makes you think ............ !

Regards,

John Isherwood.

There was quite a long discussion about subscription in the MRJ 262 thread - my post #19 explained what I think is happening. I’m not technically competent enough to link to that post, so here’s the text cut and pasted:

“I’m pretty sure that Cygnet can defend themselves and I’m also pretty sure that this has been explained before, although I can’t immediately find the relevant post. So...

If you’re a “big” publication, then your printer tends to handle your distribution as well. So they print the mag, bag up and post the subscription copies and send the rest out to the newsagent through the usual channels, hence subs copies tend to arrive before the shop copies. However, if you’re a “small” publication (and in the overall scheme of publishing things, MRJ is pretty small) the magazine is printed, newsagent copies are distributed and the subs copies are sent back to the publisher, who then bags up and posts; hence the subs copies tend to arrive after the shop copies.

I subscribe to MRJ to make sure I always get a copy, not because I want to get it more quickly. And to paraphrase something I’ve posted before, a world in which I receive my copy of MRJ after it is on sale in WHS Ealing is still infinitely preferable to one where there is no MRJ at all.”

• Like 2

There was quite a long discussion about subscription in the MRJ 262 thread - my post #19 explained what I think is happening. I’m not technically competent enough to link to that post, so here’s the text cut and pasted:

“I’m pretty sure that Cygnet can defend themselves and I’m also pretty sure that this has been explained before, although I can’t immediately find the relevant post. So...

If you’re a “big” publication, then your printer tends to handle your distribution as well. So they print the mag, bag up and post the subscription copies and send the rest out to the newsagent through the usual channels, hence subs copies tend to arrive before the shop copies. However, if you’re a “small” publication (and in the overall scheme of publishing things, MRJ is pretty small) the magazine is printed, newsagent copies are distributed and the subs copies are sent back to the publisher, who then bags up and posts; hence the subs copies tend to arrive after the shop copies.

I subscribe to MRJ to make sure I always get a copy, not because I want to get it more quickly. And to paraphrase something I’ve posted before, a world in which I receive my copy of MRJ after it is on sale in WHS Ealing is still infinitely preferable to one where there is no MRJ at all.”

Accepted - but that still does not explain the relatively recent delay in subs copies being sent out - it certainly wasn't always thus.

Perhaps someone with connections to Cygnet / MRJ may wish to put the record straight?

Regards,

John isherwood.