Watch videos in full screen?

PaulWhitt20

Thanks, but that just opens a general YouTube browser in the small window and looses the link to the video I wanted to watch.

It seems to work on my phone, maybe it is down to the version of iOS. But I need to buy a new iPad to get the latest version of iOS 11.3 as my iPad will not support iOS 11, it's too old.

Thanks, but that just opens a general YouTube browser in the small window and looses the link to the video I wanted to watch.

It seems to work on my phone, maybe it is down to the version of iOS. But I need to buy a new iPad to get the latest version of iOS 11.3 as my iPad will not support iOS 11, it's too old.

Always nice to get the latest model  :sungum:   But don't buy hoping it will fix this issue. I just tried it on a 6-week old iPad, running very latest ios, and the problem is the same. 

Searching the web, it seems "possible" it is something PocketMags, or perhaps whoever creates the digital version if not them can help with. Suggestions it's something in the video embed code that can be changed. But some of the comments I found were a couple of years old, so possibly a different issue altogether.

As described above, opening it in YouTube works, but is a faff. I've resorted to simply enlarging the page until the video player almost fits the screen. Fiddly to get right though, and avoid triggering the scroll popup menu at the bottom.

Of course, on a desktop, it works OK, and it can be super large.

I have also watched it on my large screen TV using a Chromecast device. But watching AndyY larger-than-life is a challenge  :jester:

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Always nice to get the latest model  :sungum:   But don't buy hoping it will fix this issue. I just tried it on a 6-week old iPad, running very latest ios, and the problem is the same. 

Searching the web, it seems "possible" it is something PocketMags, or perhaps whoever creates the digital version if not them can help with. Suggestions it's something in the video embed code that can be changed. But some of the comments I found were a couple of years old, so possibly a different issue altogether.

As described above, opening it in YouTube works, but is a faff. I've resorted to simply enlarging the page until the video player almost fits the screen. Fiddly to get right though, and avoid triggering the scroll popup menu at the bottom.

Of course, on a desktop, it works OK, and it can be super large.

I have also watched it on my large screen TV using a Chromecast device. But watching AndyY larger-than-life is a challenge  :jester:

I am having the same problem as this and exchanged a few e mails with PocketMags who thought it was something to do with the publisher and they were going to get in touch with them but I've heard nothing further so like you I'm resorting to enlarging manually. Not ideal but only way I can improve things. Interestingly though I also take Hornby Mag through PocketMags and am having the same issue and message appear which suggests it's not a publisher issue but an iPad one but conversely if I watch anything going in to utube I am able to enlarge to full screen so my browser does seem to support full screen just not clips embedded in magazines.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Sounds like it! 

Long way around. Open on the iPhone, add to a watch list in youtube. Then you open the youtube app on the iPad and it's in the list.

I have the same problem on my iMac and the only way is to add to watch later, when are they going to sort out the terrible sound !