Locomotion Models - Status

KymN

Today is Wednesday 25 April 2018.  This is today’s Locomotion Models Exclusive Models Update Page Highlights:

25/1/18 Update on Class 66

We are expecting delivery of the Class 66 wc 5/2/18. Please Note the model does not come with the bell pre-fitted but they are available free of charge included in the accessory bag.

18/1/18 Dean Goods Update

We are pleased to inform you that the DCC Ready version of our Dean Goods will be shipped commencing 26/1/18.

22/12/17 Stirling Single Update

Anyone who has ordered this fantastic model we will be in touch with you in February prior to delivery to pay off balances. We will keep you up to date on the delivery to the UK as we have it.

Hello – is anyone home?

• RMweb Gold

Tried calling them a few times to pay the balance on the Stirling Single. Each time I got through to the voicemail that stated that they were only open between 9.30am and 4pm. On each occasion I was calling between these times. I left a message for them to call me back and to be fair they did do so and got my voicemail.

The last returned message is that you can only pay the balance through the website.

Cheers

Darius

Have reported the thread to the Mods, perhaps Andy Y could use his contacts to establish what's going on.

I started this out of pure frustration. Once we had a well run source of some wonderful models, but now something is very wrong.  Any help in restoring faith in this important institution - internationally - would be more than welcome.

Don't you get updates?

I have seen e-newsletter updates for the Stirling Single recently, but apart from the additions to the Welcome page of the Web site nothing much has changed this year.  In particular the Update pages are woefully out of date.  

Locomotion advise that emails have been sent out to everyone who has reserved a Stirling single so it may be worth checking Spam folders. The Single is still going through production and assembly and they are anticipated to arrive around June.

With respect to Evening Star keep your ear to the ground as there may be something special happening if you've ordered a boxed set.

They are there and working hard as usual.

• Like 3

Locomotion advise that emails have been sent out to everyone who has reserved a Stirling single so it may be worth checking Spam folders. The Single is still going through production and assembly and they are anticipated to arrive around June.

Thanks Andy.  I am somewhat embarrassed to be seen as someone putting down people who are doing their best.  Unfortunately being on the other side of the world simple telephone calls are difficult and I rely on email and the Web site to stay up to date.  I currently have the Single and the Dean Goods with sound fully paid up (I hope!), plus a deposit on Truro.  I have received a newsletter with embedded letter that tells me the Single is in production, and acknowledges my order.  I also had an email to say that the sound Dean was being sent out from the beginning of this month.  Three weeks later it has yet to arrive.  I have asked but no response.

We’re sorry to hear that some of our customers have had difficulty getting in touch with us.

We love to hear from customers – by phone, email or letter.

We are a small team and are not always able to answer immediately, but we aim to reply to all messages within 5 working days at the latest.

If we have missed your query – please accept our apologies; please feel free to contact us on queries@locomotionmodels.com with details.

• Like 1

Well I have paid a deposit on one of the Sterling Singles but apart from an e-mail last week saying the order book closes on April 29th for this model, I have not had a request for the balance. Perhaps Locomotion Models could clarify the situation.

Well I have paid a deposit on one of the Sterling Singles but apart from an e-mail last week saying the order book closes on April 29th for this model, I have not had a request for the balance. Perhaps Locomotion Models could clarify the situation.

If you have paid a deposit then you have ordered it so don't panic. They will invoice you for the remaining payment nearer the final date, unless you want to pay earlier.

Most of this e-mail campaign is aimed at people like me who have ummed and ahhed since day one. I know I'll probably crack before the end of the week....

Jason

With respect to Evening Star keep your ear to the ground as there may be something special happening if you've ordered a boxed set.

Are the referenced emails those updating progress on the model or do they request payment?  If the latter, I at least have not received it.