CIE D Class

Georgeconna

Hi all,

With the Winter weather finally over it is back out to the shed, the cost of heating the thing has been slightly prohibitive and it aint good for Painting so evenings in alongside the fire were the order of the day.

anyhow some work in progress has restarted and the 1st one is a D class in CIE marking in the Black Livery. Transfers were from Silverfox as I had bought these yonks back. the Black and white stripes are from Studio Scale Models. Some extra boxes were made from plasticard and the ladders and other bits not needed were taken off. I have some Vent panels that I stuck on over the Sanded off Original Louvers.

It is basically a Bachmann 08 in disguise!

I had painted it and then wisely decided to relook at some of the few piccys of the loco and noticed a brake wheel housing at the cab end so I had to add that in and then respray it again. The Small things matter!!

Heres a few pics for review.

I still need to make new steps for the Chassis as the were solid affairs like a steam loco and not ladder so thats the next job.

40815618505_d5b28c2e7b_c.jpg573_7358 by Georgeconna, on Flickr

40815620455_022939046a_c.jpg573_73

40815614915_5d4eaac632_c.jpg573_7359 by Georgeconna, on Flickr

40815613915_fca704f9e0_c.jpg573_7360 by Georgeconna, on Flickr

40815614915_5d4eaac632_c.jpg573_7359 by Georgeconna, on Flickr

573_7360 by Georgeconna, on Flickr

40815612775_167ecaa0eb_c.jpg573_7361 by Georgeconna, on Flickr

• Like 4

Brilliant George, you have given a master class lesson to follow.  Mine is sitting on the 'Things to do list' which I hope to get around to in a few months.

attachicon.gifIMG_3636.JPG

Tks Kirley, Hardly a master class though but satisfyingly quick. I should of taken the front box off off the left hand side really. Piccys of this yoke are hard to come by.

I think you are selling yourself short George, there is a lot of work gone into this conversion from extra bits, new cab roof, hand rails etc.  All you have to do is compare your finished model to the untouched body to see.  Thanks for posting.