stunning 11ft N gauge layout free to good home

Selkent

SELKENT MRC have been donated a 13ft stunning N gauge fully scenic layout era 1960's and numerous locos and rolling stock and lots of brand new track.    Usually part of the clubs remit is to give this to a worthy home such as a OAP care home or cub scouts etc.   We had such a place lined up for it but they changed mind due to size.   It is in the Dartford area at present and will need to be dismantled as a 10ft and 3ft fiddle yard to get into most vans.   Our club van is just that bit small.  The club has some funds to hire a long wheel base van for a day and I'd happy drive the thing, and help dismantle it with the owner just need a good home for it.   It is to exhibition standard and worth a few bob, so with that in mind, only looking for places such as care homes, schools etc not private individuals or traders to take it. 

If interested and know such a venue which may want it, email me at selkentmrc@gmail.com

Will try and put some piccys up

the actual scenic bit is 11ft plus 2ft fiddle yard

Edited by Selkent

• 2 weeks later...

Shame I missed this the OAP resedence I work at would have loved this for the men to work on in their craft club and its only in Rochester. They have an old battered one they are trying to get working

How did I miss this post:(

Paul

Edited by Paul-H

Shame I missed this the OAP resedence I work at would have loved this for the men to work on in their craft club and its only in Rochester. They have an old battered one they are trying to get working

How did I miss this post:(

Paul

That seems a better use for it, if Harrys happy for you to have it it's fine with us. Email him and have a chat.

Edited by rdr

Hi Paul

Selkent MRC get layouts donated to us throughout the year and next one will have your Rochester venue as first refusal.   Going to stick with this one going to Cardiff as the date of pick up, van hire and also the date we de construct it to be moved is all set.   Our club is unusual as it is basically a group of layout owners who give up their time to take their layouts to schools, OAP homes and community groups, so people can talk trains and bring back memories of steam era or for children to do school projects on.  

We get loads of track, scenery, tools and rolling stock donated also and happy to bring some of it down to Rochester to give to your group. All we ask is that we can verify your connection with the organisation, to prove your not a trader or the stuff ends up on ebay. email me at selkentmrc@gmail.com

If anyone also has track, controllers, rolling stock they want to donate, one of our aims is to make  6ft x 4ft mdf framed oval tracks and give them to primary schools so the kids can build scenery and learn about  scale etc.   This year we have done 9 sets and always room for more.  

If anyone around Sevenoaks on 8th July, (18 layouts and 15 quality traders) come along to one of our two model railway shows we run and support us, all the money raised goes to running the clubs van, paying for DBS checks for layout operators who give up their time to volunteer to go out during the week with layouts (Each DBS check costs £60 and a must for visiting schools and after school clubs) and buying the wood to make the school layouts we give away.  A couple of the clubs own layouts will be on display which are always out during the week to care homes etc. 

Also what we desperately need is more volunteers (there is no membership fee for our club) who can donate their time and have a portable layout they are willing to take out to care homes etc (the reward, some tea and a great afternoon of the group looking at the layout and chatting about the past and stories of steam trains etc).    If you have a portable modern layout with lots of point work, again we have community groups such as Autistic groups who would love to have you attend so thet their users can play trains and operate the points etc.   Although we are based in London, we need people all over the UK. as each new area means we can approach communities in those areas. Half the people in our club, I have never met as we talk on phone and they in other parts of UK.    We however do have a nice base in London, in New Cross and hold a monthly piss up for model rail fans and have a licenced cheap bar.    Next piss up 21st May and our new portable layout 'Dover Habour Train Ferry' will be on display, she is out in the day on the 21st for her first outing to qa community centre and at her first exhibition then at Sevenoaks on the 8th July

• Like 1