French Railway Society exhibition -Derby

rue_d_etropal

Just getting ready to set off for Derby with my boxfile layout, the French Railways Society one day exhibition in Derby tomorrow(Sunday 29th April)

I hope it is a good affair. I would like to go but sadly the 3.5 hrs Sunday journey time from London to Derby by rail has put me off.

I hope it is a good affair. I would like to go but sadly the 3.5 hrs Sunday journey time from London to Derby by rail has put me off.

That’s my fault!!! We are demolishing two bridges on the Midland Mainline this weekend!!!

My cases are packed and ready. Looking forward to a great day tomorrow.

Evening all.

It was nice to meet a lot of friendly faces today. Apologies i seemed tired, that’s a result of havin two young children keeping me awake over the last few months!

I have put together a short highlight video of the day on my YouTube channel:

Feel free to have a look. I have also got a range of other videos on there about various other topics (N gauge reviews, videos of real trains and previews of my model kits). More videos to come in the next few weeks.

Thank you to everyone who spent time talking to me today. It was great to see so many modellers of French N Gauge.

• Like 3

It was a great meeting which I thoroughly enjoyed.  It was good to meet SNCF Stephen and see his products in the flesh, unfortunately I didn't take enough money to purchase the remorque I have being eyeing up for a while.  As an admirer of French autorails one of these is a must, so I will be saving my pennies.  

Attached (I hope) is a picture of such a beast in use less than three years ago in September 2015.  The location was Rodez.

Delfin

post-24664-0-77253800-1525116604_thumb.jpg

It was a great meeting which I thoroughly enjoyed.  It was good to meet SNCF Stephen and see his products in the flesh, unfortunately I didn't take enough money to purchase the remorque I have being eyeing up for a while.  As an admirer of French autorails one of these is a must, so I will be saving my pennies.  

Attached (I hope) is a picture of such a beast in use less than three years ago in September 2015.  The location was Rodez.

Delfin

attachicon.gifP9230354.jpg

You really ought to make this photo available to the guy doing the Capdenac-Gare article, and any others relevant for the branch- I'm sure he'd appreciate it :)

You really ought to make this photo available to the guy doing the Capdenac-Gare article, and any others relevant for the branch- I'm sure he'd appreciate it :)

I'm quite happy to do so.  I have about twenty photographs from Rodez, some of them went into an article I wrote for the SNCF Society (as it was then) journal.  If I recall correctly, this particular train was destined for Albi in the other direction to Capdenac.

Delfin