C&M Models - Carlisle: New Limited Edition Wagons available

Mike at C&M

A number of visitors to our shop are expressing concern that there is a 'To Let' sign attached to one of our windows on the Warwick Road side.

I am happy to confirm that this relates to the empty shop that is below us, and we have every intention of continuing to remain where we are for many years ahead. Why would I want to do a proper job again?

Mike Parsons, C&M Models

Edited by 87029
  • Like 17

A number of visitors to our shop are expressing concern that there is a 'To Let' sign attached to one of our windows on the Warwick Road side.

I am happy to confirm that this relates to the empty shop that is below us, and we have every intention of continuing to remain where we are for many years ahead. Why would I want to do a proper job again?

Mike Parsons, C&M Models

It's a conspiracy Mike. We were told that our shop was marked as "To Let" this week. It was the vacant shop next door!! Just signed an extension to our lease so we are staying put too.

After all, we were in Widnes first.

Edited by Widnes Model Centre
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

It's a conspiracy Mike. We were told that our shop was marked as "To Let" this week. It was the vacant shop next door!! Just signed an extension to our lease so we are staying put too.

After all, we were in Widnes first.

When the enlightened lead, mere mortals follow later!

Mike.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

A quick note to let you know that our website is currently down, and will probably be so for a few days. A transfer to another server, coupled with a new method of assembling the website is responsible for this.

For anyone intending to visit in the medium term, our hours are as normal (Tuesday to Saturday, 10a.m. until 5p.m.) for the foreseeable future (no holiday closures)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The hat is German, but is the one that belonged to my Grandfather when he worked as a Guard, based at Munchen Ost.

And as for using Fay.... advertising is there to grab your attention. Safe to say that it works!

Edited by 87029
  • Like 3

The following has been put on another thread so as to end speculation about who Fay is,and why we use her. 

"Hopefully you will permit me to clear up a couple of aspects about our use of Fay for our adverts.

I have a friend who used to be a professional photographer, and one of his fields of expertise was glamour photography - Fay (not her real name) is one of the models he worked with. She is definitely not a CGI image, and is not related to me other than being a friend of my photographer friend

Discussing adverts with him one day, it was commented within the conversation that it would be different to have a glamour model advertising a model railway shop - effectively "A model in a model shop".Other puns are also available, such as "Santa Fay"

David arranged the photoshoots which took place at C&M, and I simply choose the pictures I wish to use from what was taken in the shop. We will never use a picture that is too revealing.

The adverts are simply there to be eye-catching, stand out from the rest, and hopefully put a smile on peoples faces. And from the comments made, that would appear to be the case.

No offence is intended to be caused, and if you do feel they are inappropriate, then I respectfully suggest that you see what the betting shop next door has for the large posters in it's window in full view of the street.

Mike, C&M Models"

• Like 9
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

We will never use a picture that is too revealing.

might i suggest a loyalty card, spend £100 and get a stamp, 10 stamps gets you a copy of one of the 'revealing' pictures

having been a customer of yours for a good 13 years now im sure i must be eligible for one or two by now surely

(knowing my luck it will be one of mike in his y-fronts and sock suspenders)

i know i wrote that last bit as a joke but i cant get the image out of my head now

Edited by big jim

might i suggest a loyalty card, spend £100 and get a stamp, 10 stamps gets you a copy of one of the 'revealing' pictures

having been a customer of yours for a good 13 years now im sure i must be eligible for one or two by now surely

(knowing my luck it will be one of mike in his y-fronts and sock suspenders)

i know i wrote that last bit as a joke but i cant get the image out of my head now

Thanks Jim for nothing! Knowing Mike as I do. I now can't get that image out of MY  head. Half expecting THAT photo to be emailed to me today. If it does, expect a PM from me.

I think the adverts are just a bit of fun and are not in any way offensive.

I think the pastiche of the Fry's 5 Boys advert is really rather clever.  It does work best, though, if you're aware of C&M's previous adverts; it wouldn't be quite so effective if all they'd ever used before had been pictures of trains like everyone else.

Edited by ejstubbs

10 stamps gets you a copy of one of the 'revealing' pictures

C&M sent me a picture of a model with her top off, you could see everything...

... motor, gearbox, pickups, everything!

• Like 3