john new

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, john new said:

Some minor updates today to the listings for Layouts (-1) & Traders (+2). The Demonstration topics are now listed. Links available from https://yorkshow.org.uk/updates-2/

The Layouts listings are now searchable and the data table is also now reactive to screen size.

If you don't see us at Preston Advance ticket ordering remains available until the Box Office closes on 8 April.

Just curious, my layout The Depots seems have disappeared from the list, it was there when I last looked last week. 

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, Worsdell forever said:

Just curious, my layout The Depots seems have disappeared from the list, it was there when I last looked last week. 

Not deleted on purpose but I can see its gone. Obviously will put it back. (Edit - now reinstated along with two others)

Will double check the full layouts list later today in case when I had to re-load the data for that page yesterday I accidentally copied an old version of the layouts list received from Mal. It will be this afternoon before I get the chance to fully recheck all the entries.

Error traced and apologies for making it; part of the learning curve for the latest software release. An additional step is now required when updating an embedded, linked, file .

Edited by john new
Updated information
  • Thanks 1

There is a spam email in circulation offering to sell to you the details of all the visitors to the York Model Railway Show. They say 5,500 visitors. As we DO NOT COLLECT details of visitors to the Show not sure where they think they will get the data from! Perhaps they are thinking of stopping everybody and asking them for their details 'Hum'. If you get this email I strongly suggest that you delete it , preferably before you try to formally open it. Outlook normally only shows what is on the email without actually opening it, or hopefully will put it into your spam box.

Could I also please just remind everybody that the advance ticket office closes on the 8th April 2019 and not as specified in the editorial in the April edition of the Railway Modeller!

Peter

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, peterl said:

There is a spam email in circulation offering to sell to you the details of all the visitors to the York Model Railway Show. They say 5,500 visitors. As we DO NOT COLLECT details of visitors to the Show not sure where they think they will get the data from! Perhaps they are thinking of stopping everybody and asking them for their details 'Hum'. If you get this email I strongly suggest that you delete it , preferably before you try to formally open it. Outlook normally only shows what is on the email without actually opening it, or hopefully will put it into your spam box.

Could I also please just remind everybody that the advance ticket office closes on the 8th April 2019 and not as specified in the editorial in the April edition of the Railway Modeller!

Peter

This particular scam seems to have become quite common, with model railway shows a prime target.

As ever, don't open any attachments that come with such an unsolicited e-mail from an unknown source. The address it is sent from is probably "spoofed" so not easy to trace the origins. All such scam/phishing e-mails should be notified to the police. They can't investigate all of them but it does help them to assess the scale of the problem and therefore the resources needed to fight it. Getting more of them notified may help investigation in terms of finding a pattern.

Nfibphishing <nfibphishing@city-of-london.pnn.police.uk

• 3 weeks later...

Just a gentle reminder that the advance ticket office closes at 6.00pm on the 8th April. i.e. next Monday!!!!

There are two ways to get advance tickets both via the website. You can use PayPal or complete the downloadable form and put it into the post with your cheques and a stamped self addressed envelope.

See you over Easter in York!

Peter

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Have just started validating the links and copying/converting the travel page information from the old site format to the new version. The replacement page will be live in a couple of days.

Hope to see you all at the Show.

Edited by john new

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, john new said:

Have just started validating the links and copying/converting the travel page information from the old site format to the new version. The replacement page will be live in a couple of days.

Hope to see you all at the Show.

The travel information section has now been revised and simplified for the 2019 Show and also moved from the legacy site to the current version. In addition we now provide linked options to either view a full page showing all available travel options or to load new sub-sections showing only information relevant if travelling by car or by public transport.

I have already received one information request regarding the 197 bus service. To avoid a repeat of the lengthy bus link debate of previous years - the bus link is not a YMRS charter but is provided by TRANSDEV as a commercial service. Alternatives are available for the Saturday, with links from our website to the service providers' timetables and the York bus route map or alternatively, if arriving in a group, perhaps consider a taxi from the station. 

Car travel - on the Saturday this year please also note that as Easter is later the car boot sale is scheduled therefore Saturday parking will be on the Knavesmire not the Coach Park. Blue Badge visitor parking unchanged.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

The Advance Ticket box office now closed for 2019 Tickets. The text will be altered to be clearer later today but if you try to buy a ticket using Pay Pal it will return Out of Stock.

• RMweb Gold
On 05/04/2019 at 11:27, john new said:

The travel information section has now been revised and simplified for the 2019 Show and also moved from the legacy site to the current version. In addition we now provide linked options to either view a full page showing all available travel options or to load new sub-sections showing only information relevant if travelling by car or by public transport.

I have already received one information request regarding the 197 bus service. To avoid a repeat of the lengthy bus link debate of previous years - the bus link is not a YMRS charter but is provided by TRANSDEV as a commercial service. Alternatives are available for the Saturday, with links from our website to the service providers' timetables and the York bus route map or alternatively, if arriving in a group, perhaps consider a taxi from the station. 

Car travel - on the Saturday this year please also note that as Easter is later the car boot sale is scheduled therefore Saturday parking will be on the Knavesmire not the Coach Park. Blue Badge visitor parking unchanged.

Bus link confirmed as running and our webpage updated accordingly. More details, including a link fare from Leeds, here on the Transdev website.

(Thanks for the link Richard H)

• RMweb Gold

There has been a late layout change;

Pottendorf has had to cancel. It has been replaced by "Kitson Castle and Peckitt Pier Light Railway" / Chris Towers / 4mm 009 (period and location not specified).

Hope to update the website tomorrow updated.

Edited by john new

I'm looking forward to this coming weekend - we hadn't realised the significance until discussing it at our own show last weekend, but the Rochdale Model Railway Group actually have three of our group layouts in the show, and all in EM gauge:  My "North Ballachulish", Tony Bucknell's "Harkness" Harkness and Karl Crowther's "Hebble Vale Goods" :D

https://rochdalemrg.wordpress.com/

1674415060_NorthBoil(2).jpg.a851cd50f7729b1126e5fe03c32f5389.jpgharkness_tony2.JPG.8a019ee787eb5fbed00ef70020716f32.JPGHV2.jpg.dc17b4759b064eeb21e574d453c7a5a5.jpg

• Like 7

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend the show this year due to illness but York has always been the highlight of the modelling year for me. I hope everyone who gets along has a great time and that it is a fantastic and successful weekend for all involved. 

• Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Gold

Early arrivals - Saturday morning. Please watch out for runners and/or related traffic - in addition to the Car Boot Sale there is also a Park Run at 9am. Their website for details is = https://www.parkrun.org.uk/york/  Have only just found out about this, it will be now added to the travel pages as an advisory in a few minutes time. 

Edited by john new
Updating info'

Parkrun starts at 9 am, runners will gather from around 8:30, it can take some people an hour to run the course, so that means there will still be people milling around after 10am but fastest runners will be done in around 15 minutes.

Last run had 585 runners, a lot of these will have come by car parking on Knavesmire Rd or Racecourse Rd.

I would expect it to be very busy if my local Parkrun with similar numbers is anything to go by, the sweet spot will be 9 to 9:15 whilst everyone is running then the returning runners will begin to leave from 9:15 until around 10:15.

• Informative/Useful 1

22 hours ago, MartinWales said:

Never mind! 2020 York show will be held on 11th/12th/13th April, so already less than a year to wait! 

It's in the diary already and I look forward to seeing all the photos of this year's shindig! 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Well Chebstone is packed and ready to roll.

On my way to collect the van around 5pm today 

Please see a few pictures of Chebstone below.

4FD09929-9C9F-4BDF-96B2-72FCBCEF8884.jpeg

5EF2735B-77D3-40F0-A60E-FB170B656A8B.jpeg

D5B3A504-90B8-4949-8CBC-025C8CA00286.jpeg

A9038D99-1093-4A52-9F82-8B954EA1B81C.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Agree 1

On 17/04/2019 at 13:04, woodenhead said:

Parkrun starts at 9 am, runners will gather from around 8:30, it can take some people an hour to run the course, so that means there will still be people milling around after 10am but fastest runners will be done in around 15 minutes.

Last run had 585 runners, a lot of these will have come by car parking on Knavesmire Rd or Racecourse Rd.

I would expect it to be very busy if my local Parkrun with similar numbers is anything to go by, the sweet spot will be 9 to 9:15 whilst everyone is running then the returning runners will begin to leave from 9:15 until around 10:15.

Exactly coinciding with when we will be arriving in time for stewards' briefing!

• Agree 1