john new

• RMweb Premium

York has to be one of the best large shows in the Country; superbly organised, great venue and wonderful variety of layouts and traders, along with thoughtfully chosen 'presenters'/demonstrators.

Truth be told I only go for the lovely catering, (even if it is a bit pricy) and an excuse to visit York Station for the umpteenth time. Today was enhanced by the most wonderful weather allowing me to pedestrianise outside 'in shirtsleeves'. 

Sorry everyone, I don't take pics at shows these days.

Thanks to all.

• Like 5

• RMweb Gold
On 21/04/2019 at 19:28, Mallard60022 said:

Good old run down and up the ECML for me tomorrow and then a bus to and from. Only have 3 hours on site at most so I shall not bother anyone with any weird questions and will probably only purchase books. Looks like the weather will again be kind to pedestrians (walk to from bus stop unless I CBA to get the 197 or whatever it is?).

I am looking forward to meeting a good pal during his lunch break and seeing some target layouts. If anyone recognises me then bad luck, however have good day and thanks for what looks like a good show.

Last time I came was with the late Geoff Brewin when I helped on his Comet Models Stand so I shall be having a little quiet contemplation to remember that and his friendship too.

Phil

I was there on Sunday and met Tim, so we had some contemplations of Geoff too.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Should have mentioned how impressed I was with the 'new' EMGS Track and points from Peco (the latter not quite the finished product yet). For anyone wanting a little more authenticity gauge wise on maybe a smaller layout and without the skill or want to build their own points, these are going to be a great resource. The detail is superb. As EMGS membership is so inexpensive I would suggest that taking membership is worth it so as to access these products. I am in no way linked to the EMGS's Committee etc, except by simple membership.

Phil 

Edited by Mallard60022
Didn't remeber that it is actually the EMGS. Thanks Worsedoll.
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, Mallard60022 said:

Should have mentioned how impressed I was with the 'new' EMGA Track and points from Peco (the latter not quite the finished product yet). For anyone wanting a little more authenticity gauge wise on maybe a smaller layout and without the skill or want to build their own points, these are going to be a great resource. The detail is superb. As EMGA membership is so inexpensive I would suggest that taking membership is worth it so as to access these products. I am in no way linked to the EMGA's Committee etc, except by simple membership.

Phil 

EMGS Ducky...

• Like 1

Had an enjoyable day on Monday. Met up with a few people I know and spent way too much time looking at the American On30 logging layout (again as seen a few times before) and the steel works in O from Kinross. Both seen a few times and enjoy each time I have seen them.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Enfys_Rainbow said:

Well I did the hard part, drove to York from N Wales on Sunday, booked a hotel with the intention of attending today. Then 9 month old baby had a meltdown on the way to the venue so had to abandon it and head home!

So near yet so far, at least the weather was nice and we managed a visit to the NRM!

E_R

You abandoned the baby!

Is that you Dave Cameron? :jester:

Jason

• Funny 3

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, AMJ said:

Had an enjoyable day on Monday. Met up with a few people I know and spent way too much time looking at the American On30 logging layout (again as seen a few times before) and the steel works in O from Kinross. Both seen a few times and enjoy each time I have seen them.

Great to see a Services members' layout (Kinross). Was a cracker.

P

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Final unclaimed lost property round up.

• The driving licence and bus pass - being returned to the addresses as shown on the cards.
  • The key (Locker?)  Lost key service contacted (details as per the key-fob) , policy expired. Key is with the Show Manager in Hull. PM us with the fob detail/number if you think it might be yours.
  • 1 x bag of OO modelling bits - With me, can post back. PM the contents you lost if you think it is yours.
  • 1 x bag of N modelling bits - With me, can post back. PM the contents you lost if you think it is yours.
  • 1 item of clothing left on the outside (front) apron yesterday/Monday - With me, can post back. PM the details of what you lost if you think it is yours.

Everything else that was handed in to us was reclaimed.

Edited by john new
  • Like 1

On 20/04/2019 at 20:33, Adam said:

Very nice indeed, but what is it? I'm assuming 4mm, but I'm not familiar enough with the layouts on the list to pick out which one it is...

Adam

Built by me, my very first layout, build thread here: 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

A salute to the organising team who gave us another fantastic event. Spent the full day at the show Saturday and still don’t think I saw it all.

Whilst the dynamic of the show changes year on year, fewer small traders now than 10-20 years ago for instance, it never fails to have a really unique atmosphere about it and the venue itself is full of character making it perhaps the most prominent stalwart of the traditional, independent show.

looking forward to next year, when’s the ticket sales open?

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, RANGERS said:

A salute to the organising team who gave us another fantastic event. Spent the full day at the show Saturday and still don’t think I saw it all.

Whilst the dynamic of the show changes year on year, fewer small traders now than 10-20 years ago for instance, it never fails to have a really unique atmosphere about it and the venue itself is full of character making it perhaps the most prominent stalwart of the traditional, independent show.

looking forward to next year, when’s the ticket sales open?

Box Office for the 2020 Show scheduled for opening on 1 October this year.  Will run through to a date TBA about ten days prior to the show.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Earlier today I looked up the Internet Wayback Archive copy of our first generation website - scarily it is now 21 years since we launched it in 1998 for the build up to the 1999 Show. It looks so dated now but was state of the art publicity back then.

Equally scary is realising the first show attendance I know I was definitely at was Easter 1973 when I'd then moved back to York (possibly also at an earlier one too) and in some capacity or other have almost certainly been to every one of the subsequent shows! 

Edited by john new
  • Like 5

Just for info the attendance at the 2019 Show was on a par with the previous year, despite the very warm weather and solid traffic on the A64. As Martin pointed out earlier the next York Show will be held on the 11th, 12th and 13th of April 2020. So make a note in you diary or smart(ish) phone. or what ever. Details will be posted on the website in due course.

Peter

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I am getting sporadic emails from our site-monitoring software saying the site is down for periods of a few minutes at a time. I think it was/is when the Wordpress software auto-updates for new releases.

Reason for post - just to apologise if you have hit one of these short-term outage periods.

• 2 months later...