Only a matter of time before G&W assimilated them. I suspect the "Freightliner" bit is the valuable part of the brand, rather than the green paint, which is much more recent.

The orange scheme looks pretty good on American and Australian locos as well.

• RMweb Premium

Only a matter of time before G&W assimilated them. I suspect the "Freightliner" bit is the valuable part of the brand, rather than the green paint, which is much more recent.

The orange scheme looks pretty good on American and Australian locos as well.

Like this?

post-408-0-10037100-1525218649_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Mick

• Like 4

BUT did anyone in Suffolk notice, they are advertising for Trainee drivers.

If you want to be a driver of some heavy duty traction now is your chance.

£70k a year for what they now refer to as Train Managers.

That is, you do your own shunting.

I think you're getting confused with GB there sir. FL's drivers are known as, er, 'drivers',  be it IM or HH.

They might be 'engineers' following today's announcement mind....

• Like 1

Oh dear!

I've got a fleet of around 35+ of green liveried Freighliner locos.

I shall apply Rule 1.

This change of livery and branding isn't happening.

It isn't real.

It never happened.

Fake news !

Damn it!!!

• Like 1

Oh dear!

I've got a fleet of around 35+ of green liveried Freighliner locos.

I shall apply Rule 1.

This change of livery and branding isn't happening.

It isn't real.

It never happened.

Fake news !

If the repaints are as quick as the 'Powerhaul' repaints have been you have nothing to worry about...

• RMweb Premium

Another option would be for freightliner enthusiasts to poke their own eyes out to spare themselves from ever seeing such an abominable livery.

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

This is hardly a surprise as those in the know have been talking about a major rebranding and livery change since Genesee & Wyoming's acquisition of Freightliner.  G&W have always reliveried their assets within a few years and it's a shame that it clashes with Colas, but as modellers and railfans, we'll get over it  :sarcastic:  :sarcastic:  :sarcastic:

I'm also glad that I've only got the one Freightliner loco which just happens to be green  :D  :D  :D

• RMweb Premium

Looks to me like somebody have overdosed on orange pop and vomited over a 66. Although on reflection I can understand why the sight of a 66 might move people to vomit so perhaps there is a point to it all.

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

I like it. Stylish, purposeful and I am a big fan of orange on vehicles.

The logo is a disappointment. Looks a bit like repurposed clip-art from a burger restaurant.

And as some of the Powerhaul repaints are pretty new I can't see them changing those too soon. Interesting to see if they put the G&W colours on an 86...

Cheers

Ben A.

• Like 1

We still have a room full of the green uniforms, so it might be some time before we go orange. Things like stationery white vans trucks etc will get done fairly quickly. If you look at the power haul livery 6 x66 2x86 and 4x 90 have been done since the livery was unveiled on 70009 in 2009. It’s not quick and we still have 3 blue 66s and 3 grey 90s to paint. I think it will be a slow process with painting locos. So still time to enjoy the green

• Like 2