This forum area will be available for the first couple of weeks for members to make test posts to explore functionality.

No Space Bar

srihaggis

Hi. Probably the wrong place to ask, but is anyone having issues replying to private messages? 

I've bought a new laptop (Win10 using Edge), and whenever I try to reply the space bar will not function, but I can type normally minus the space bar.

Currently using my android phone to reply to messages, bit long winded but gets the message across, no pun :)

• RMweb Gold

I experience this occasionally.

A work around is to type your first word, use the mouse to click somewhere in what you have just typed and tap the space bar. Delete that space, click back to the end of your word and it works fine from then on.

Bit of a pain but it works for me.

Hi. Probably the wrong place to ask, but is anyone having issues replying to private messages? 

I've bought a new laptop (Win10 using Edge), and whenever I try to reply the space bar will not function, but I can type normally minus the space bar.

Currently using my android phone to reply to messages, bit long winded but gets the message across, no pun :)

Happened to me too.

Then I went to the second line and it was OK from there on. Very strange !

• RMweb Gold

When browsing a web site, the space bar acts as a scroll bar, ie you can scroll down the web page by hitting the space bar. Shift + space bar scrolls up.

The problem arises here because the RMWeb software is probably not initializing the reply box correctly, so Edge thinks you are scrolling. You can work around it - see http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/129979-strange-problem/?hl=edge&do=findComment&comment=2996171

Click on the Reply box (where you want to type), then double click on the "Font" box in the header. (As though you were going to change the font, but don't actually change it). Then when you go back to type in the message box, the space bar works.

Stewart