Colas Class 70

RateTheFreight

Afternoon all,

Just thought I’d let those of you who are awaiting the release of the Bachman Colas Class 70 i’ve had one through specially from China for our (Colas) stand at the Multimodal event at the NEC so believe the rest of them should be shipping imminently if they haven’t already.

I’d add pics of it but can never remember how to on here.

It looks a great model!

Greg

• Like 1

“ we are giving away a class 70 model freight train “

You’d think they’d know the difference between a loco and a train ?!

Fortunately this promotion wasn’t aimed at the enthusiast community and their nit picking. As a side, given we’re a successful rail freight haulier I can assure you we do know the difference where it actually matters.

As a model railway enthusiast who happens to work in the industry it’s always my frustration that when trying to present something positive, folks have to be negative. It’s a real turn off for trying to share info and be positive on this forum.

Greg

• Like 4

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the information. I hope you are right and the 70s are on their way. Hatton‘s website says: Due into stock between April 2018 & May 2018.

Ugliness is very subjective and I can say that I like the appearance of the class 70.

Guido

Edited by Fluo66
  • Like 1

Hi Greg,

That Bachmann model of the Bachmann Colas Class 70, looks amazing. Thank you for sharing that with us, and wetting the appetite of those of us who have pre-orded this model and are patently waiting for it to arrive.

Hope your Multimodal Exhibition goes well. Don’t worry about the Nit pickers (they obviously have too much time on their hands).

Regards

Nigel

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the update Greg,

Given that the model now doesn't even feature on Bachmann's website, i'd begun to give up hope of ever seeing it in the flesh!

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the ship carrying them isn't captured by pirates...... 

Fortunately this promotion wasn’t aimed at the enthusiast community and their nit picking. As a side, given we’re a successful rail freight haulier I can assure you we do know the difference where it actually matters.

As a model railway enthusiast who happens to work in the industry it’s always my frustration that when trying to present something positive, folks have to be negative. It’s a real turn off for trying to share info and be positive on this forum.

Greg

Jesus, it was just a light hearted quip. I guess you don’t need a SOH, to run trains.

• RMweb Gold

Christ guys just chill - it is a fictional livery so id imagine nobody would produce it - but not all of us live and breath trains and know every boring detail - some of us have a life and go out once in a while .....

• Like 1

Have pre-ordered and really looking forward to this Colas 70 as it will be my first one of this class.

I didn’t like the 70’s at first but took the plunge a few months back now and brought a freightliner one and I’m glad I did as I think it’s another lovely model made by Bachmann. Also looking forward to the colas one too, think the colours suit the body shape of this class.

Has anyone got any idea when this Colas 70 is being released for sale?

Just trawled Google and nearly every model rail website has a different release date right up until July 2018 and Bachmann in their infinite wisdom has removed any reference to this particular model from their website and availability spreadsheet which you can download...well done Bachmann.

Anyway I'll ring Rails (where I pre-ordered but they don't have a date) next week at some point but just thought I'd ask if anyone had a definitive release date provide to them as yet.

It certainly is on its way; our review sample arrived early April (which will be in June BRM which is out next week) which normally means a product is 6/8 weeks behind that in arriving on shop shelves depending on shipping/customs/freight forwarding/distribution to retail so I'd say it's only a few weeks away at worst.

7.jpg

It won't be on Bachmann's website now as it's sold out to retailers so you need to check individual retailers for availability against the quantities they've preordered.

• Like 6

It won't be on Bachmann's website now as it's sold out to retailers so you need to check individual retailers for availability against the quantities they've preordered.

Bachmann didn't have to remove it from their availability spreadsheet regardless on whether it is sold out or not because it would have given customers an indication of their current release date rather than get 20 different ones from model rail retailers.

Model Railways Direct have their's at July 2018 which I reckon will be the correct release date and sort aligns with your timeline in regards to receiving the sample.

Edited by classy52

Good to know it is on it's way!

I did tweet Hattons a couple of weeks ago, and they said the info given to them indicated it'd be here April/May. Though, when I spoke to a chap on the Bachmann stand at Ally Pally they told me "any week now", and that was near the end of March. The guy did also say they wished they'd produced more, as they didn't expect it to sell out so quick, so I wouldn't be surprised if another run is done at some point.

Andy.

• 2 weeks later...