barrow street

warb

• RMweb Premium

Way back I did a module with overhead wire, just a bit of copper wire soldered up off masts. It didn’t look that brilliant, I think because really you need some tension on it to keep the sags out, springs? I’ve seen it done at shows where they had a removable span which just hooked into place with small loops at the baseboard joins, so this was unhitched before you divided the layout. Your line looks really well made, although the last time I was there I was stepping off a boat train hauled by a J15.

City centre modelling at its best!

Re the overhead wiring - never tried it myself, but might be something elsewhere on RMWeb & failing that, try a Google search. Am sure someone will have done it at some point.

• 9 months later...
On 10/05/2018 at 22:37, warb said:

other photos of barrow street

regards

post-34134-0-00576700-1525988151_thumb.jpg

C'est incredible!  Love this photo. I got a parking ticket there. :) Totally photo realistic. Architectural modelling surpassing anything professional I've ever seen and right up there with movie studio special effects modelling.

Edited by NoelG
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just a thank you to all who have commented on barrow street overtime. Like all, there is time i had to walk away and come back to do another bit.The main interest for me is the actual figuring out and completing different buildings/layout/parts and how it can be done and more importantly making a representation of a item  with modellers licences. Again Thanks

warb

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...