Bogies for SECR 44ft composite

Hi all,

Enforced down time on my current project has led me to dig out a Roxey Mouldings 7C80 kit I bought a few years ago.

The instructions are a bit vague on where the whitemetal castings go on the bogie sideframe. Does anyone have a clear photo of either a real bogie or a built model to give me an idea of what it looks like?

The kit does not give a name to the bogie, so unfortunately I can't tell you what type it is.

Regards, David.

Hi all,

Enforced down time on my current project has led me to dig out a Roxey Mouldings 7C80 kit I bought a few years ago.

The instructions are a bit vague on where the whitemetal castings go on the bogie sideframe. Does anyone have a clear photo of either a real bogie or a built model to give me an idea of what it looks like?

The kit does not give a name to the bogie, so unfortunately I can't tell you what type it is.

Regards, David.

It's presumably a 'Fox Pressed Steel' type as used by many pre-Group companies.

Chris KT

It's presumably a 'Fox Pressed Steel' type as used by many pre-Group companies.

In the hopes that google puts all the words together in case someone else does the same search, here is a link to another forum topic that has an excellent photo.

https://www.lner.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10472#p105641

And linking directly to the picture.

file.php?id=15590&sid=4214662700efe0eb42

That looks like Fox Pressed Steel bogie to me. Fairly generic in the pregroup period

Jim

Fairly generic maybe but axlebox covers and centre bolster springs varied considerably. I used to have around four variants in my range. 

Edited by coachmann

I hope the originator of this discussion won't mind if I ask a question, which arises from this.

The Great Northern Railway ( Ireland) used what I have seen described as Fox bogies, in the broad period from the early 1900s to the early 1920s.

Does anyone make, in 4mm, a bogie similar to this (photo below).

Many thanks and again apologies.

Glover

Sorry, photo is sideways but I trust you will see the essential detail.

post-5229-0-60189100-1525692319_thumb.jpeg