Class 66 in OO Gauge - New Announcement

Hattons Dave

• RMweb Gold

I was at Peterborough railway station today and 66418 rolled through.  I noticed underneath the Freightliner logo, was written “a Genesee & Wyoming Company” and I wondered if the Hatton’s model will carry the same logo?

If my laptop had not died, I would have downloaded a picture of it.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, jools1959 said:

I was at Peterborough railway station today and 66418 rolled through.  I noticed underneath the Freightliner logo, was written “a Genesee & Wyoming Company” and I wondered if the Hatton’s model will carry the same logo?

If my laptop had not died, I would have downloaded a picture of it.

Hi jools1959,

It certainly will do, see the attached colour layout.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Dave

H4-66-019_nocallouts.jpg

• Like 6
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Hattons Dave said:

Hi jools1959,

It certainly will do, see the attached colour layout.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Dave

H4-66-019_nocallouts.jpg

Hi Dave,

Count another one pre ordered lol

• Like 1

Nice pics of the GB 66s BigJim. Think that it does show were some of the UK repaints have been done using yellow, whereas the new stock brought over has been done in orange. It almost that the darker warning yellow has been used throughout the paint job. 

If Hattons could do this for the some of the GB 66's that were repainted in UK and manage to do the differences then I think it would massively be to their credit, but also put them in front of getting accuracy, where other companies would have just put them out as they are and still would have been accepted as good. 

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, 43078shildoncountydurham said:

Sorry chaps,

How come no “evening star”.

regards

craig

When Hattons announced their original list, I believe it was their policy not to duplicate number/name /livery combinations of previous releases from other manufacturers of 00 class 66s. They may have announced a same number as a previous release, but not the same livery.

Since the initial list, they then announced 66789 and 66783 - again not repeating name/number combinations.

Other manufacturers have since announced duplicates of Hattons planned releases.

• Agree 6

• 2 weeks later...

Slightly off topic.

Will be interesting to compare a class 50 in the new GBRf colours - which is definitely orange - against some of the class 66s mentioned in this thread. Have seen a picture of one 50, near 59003 and the latter is like 66719 and 41 in having no difference in tone and out-shopped in warning yellow.

• RMweb Gold

I was wondering if there is a list of liveries being compiled for hopefully a second batch.  If there is, I thought I’d throw my hat into the ring.

66415 in unbranded DRS with Freightliner logos

66522 in repainted from Shanks livery into standard Freightliner livery with smaller Freightliner cab logos 

66564 in Freightliner livery with “We’re recruiting” bodyside poster.

66623 in G&W livery 

66701 in repainted original GBRf livery and revised cab window.

66723 in current GBRf livery “Chinook”

66743 or 746 in Belmont Royal Scotsman livery

66775 in current GBRf livery with “HMS Argyle” and large F231 on the side

66780 in Cemex GBRf advertising livery.

More in EWS, EWS with DB branding, DBS and DBC liveries, Freightliner, DRS and GBRf.  

Also for those interested, ex UK EWS, DRS, DBC and Freightliner Class 66’s used in Poland to compliment the French ECR ones.

Anyone else got any other ideas?

Edited by jools1959
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, jools1959 said:

Anyone else got any other ideas?

66623 in original Bardon Aggregates livery

66718 'Sir Peter Hendy' London Underground livery

66721 'Harry Beck' London Underground livery

66779 'Evening Star'

66522 Freightliner/Shanks livery

66411 & 66414 'Stobart' livery

66711 Aggregate Industries livery

...and before anyone points out that Bachmann have already done all of the above, yes, we know, but up-to-date versions would be nice.  :)

Also, some of the GBRf football team named machines would be great:

66725  'Sunderland'
66726  'Sheffield Wednesday'
66729  'Derby County'
66736  'Wolverhampton Wanderers'
66738  'Huddersfield Town'

To be honest, a selection of bog-standard, unnamed Freightliner, EWS, GBRf, DB versions for renumbering potential would also be as much appreciated as all the celebrity locos/liveries.

Edited by YesTor
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

The above suggestions of the royal Scotsman and Cemex livery GBRf 66s have my vote too 

As for one with different tooling 66750 would make an interesting variation with its odd light housing and double brake pipes etc 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

As a lifelong Wolves fan 66736 would be a must. Did not want the Hornby offering, so if Hattons do Wolverhampton Wanderers I shall get one.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, The Fatadder said:

I can’t miss a chance to say 66001 or 002 in ex works EWS, with red grills, different lifting eyes and flush horn grills...

They don’t have drophead knuckle couplers either, or they didn’t used to have.  Also 66001 is tripcock fitted as well.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Well, Hatton’s might have to reconsider the livery on 66005 now that it’s been named, painted blue with Maritime logos.  Another one for the specials cabinet lol.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, jools1959 said:

Well, Hatton’s might have to reconsider the livery on 66005 now that it’s been named, painted blue with Maritime logos.  Another one for the specials cabinet lol.

With both 66005 and 66047 being painted blue that’s another two “classic” (who’dve thought!) full EWS liveried locomotives biting the dust, sad times..! 

• Like 3

On 30/03/2019 at 01:01, James Makin said:

With both 66005 and 66047 being painted blue that’s another two “classic” (who’dve thought!) full EWS liveried locomotives biting the dust, sad times..! 

Not forgetting 66142 Maritime 3...

• Like 2

TBH, I’d like an EWS one without numbers, so I can choose from 250....only because these corrugated sides are difficult to remove decals from.

But it won’t happen because unnumbered models don’t sell 

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
On 30/03/2019 at 01:01, James Makin said:

The first time ive seen someone referring to the demise of the red death as sad times.

To me the spread of Red Death was sad times... every ship load of red 66’s sent 08/20/31/33/37/47/56/58/60 to their makers, or at least Springs Branch, Toton etc.. that was sad times...Hundreds of locos stored to rot for a decade or more, just to restrict access to competition.

That said the 66 is the only attempt at a standardised railway since the dieselation plan of the 1960’s (which was as much by mass build and wasteful attrition than design). The 66 is the backbone of UK freight. Sadly since then weve slipped even further into our bespoke, niche custom built railway fleets even more so than it was in the 19th century where simply taking an DMU from one side of London to the other would render it completely unusable.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1