Class 66 in OO Gauge - New Announcement

Hattons Dave

Hi everyone,

Having seen a Hattons sample at Perth, this weekend at St Andrews I was able to borrow Bifs sound fitted sample for a bit and gave it a run round on my layout Rannoch. 

My layout has some very tight curves and Insulfrog pointwork but with the heavy weight chassis the new 66 ran very smoothly and quietly even into the front siding which is very rarely used. It didn’t stay quiet for long as I was interested to hear the new sounds and have to say it’s absolutely superb. The EMT speaker fitted gives this a whole level of realistic sound never achieved in a RTR model so far. The extra time to save up for a couple with sound is very welcome as it’s going to be impressive.

thanks

Mark

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Informative/Useful 3

4 minutes ago, Hilux5972 said:

I’m holding out for (hopefully future release) Evening Star and Royal Scotsman versions. 

Oh yes, an Evening Star version would be very welcome. Unlikely, given the Locomotion/Bachmann version, but we can dream!

• Agree 1

Hattons Dave - can you answer my question?  I, for one, would like our armed forces to benefit from any sales of the loco.

Will Hattons be paying a contribution to army charities on each sale of 66418?  If I remember correctly this was the case for the Dapol N gauge model.

Edited by mevaman1

On ‎20‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 23:23, mevaman1 said:

Hattons Dave - can you answer my question?  I, for one, would like our armed forces to benefit from any sales of the loco.

Will Hattons be paying a contribution to army charities on each sale of 66418?  If I remember correctly this was the case for the Dapol N gauge model.

Why not message privately?

• Agree 4

On 20/08/2019 at 23:23, mevaman1 said:

If you had cared to look at Hattons Dave's profile you would see he has not been on the site since 9th August, if you have asked him this question before on here did you actually tag him - how would be know you've asked the question if you did not direct it to him in a manner that might actually draw his attention.

Tagging would be like this: @mevaman1, then he would get a notification when he next logged on to RMWeb or if he has email notifications turned on then he may receive an email notifiying him of your post.

But maybe the best way would have been a direct email to Hattons.

• Agree 2

The Dapol Model of 66418 ‘Patriot’ was made with the agreement of Freightliner under the ‘Railway Honour’ Project to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the Armistice.  The locos were distributed by Revolution Trains and a contribution from each sale made to army charities It seems a shame that this does not apply to the OO models.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
59 minutes ago, mevaman1 said:

The Dapol Model of 66418 ‘Patriot’ was made with the agreement of Freightliner under the ‘Railway Honour’ Project to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the Armistice.  The locos were distributed by Revolution Trains and a contribution from each sale made to army charities It seems a shame that this does not apply to the OO models.

How do you know that it isn't?

Maybe Hattons have made/are making  a contribution as part of their agreement with Freightliner........

Maybe it's worth asking Hattons directly?

Whenever I've emailed Hattons directly in the past, I've usually received a timely reply.

Edited by newbryford

Hi Mick

I have asked Hattons Dave but haven’t yet received a reply.  

Really my point is that, surely, Hattons could make this a  special model and gain support from its customers for the charity concerned - in the same way that the ‘Railway Honour’ project did.

Remember it’s a bank holiday weekend so I wouldn’t expect a reply until Tuesday at the earliest.

perhaps if they aren’t donating anything and you buy the loco you can make a personal donation yourself.

personally like others have already mentioned I think charity donations are better left as voluntary 

• Agree 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Morning everybody,

Apologies for the late response on here.

I can confirm that we will indeed be making a donation to ABF - The Soldiers' Charity after the Class 66s have been delivered.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Dave

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
59 minutes ago, Sir TophamHatt said:

Is that suggesting if they didn't make a donation then you wouldn't buy one?

Considering he made 4 quite strong posts about Hattons seeming to have some kind of obligation to donate over the last 2 pages alone, I’d say that’s a pretty safe bet. I however agree with others, that any donation should be voluntary by the purchaser of the locomotive, not built into the price no matter your wishes. 

• Agree 7

• RMweb Gold

Just to add balance to this issue,some of you may remember the reaction to Locomotion’s special edition Hornby 125 HST during Simon Kohler’s time there.I believe Simon publically....much to his credit......agreed a donation  should be made. Several years ago now and I cannot recall specific details.

Is this really something to get wound up about ?