Class 66 in OO Gauge - New Announcement

Hattons Dave

Hi Guys

A number of you seem grumpy about a donation from sales of one model (of many) being donated to the charity for which the particular loco was named. This has been a practice of many model manufacturers over several years and has led to

increased sales.  Service charities in particular have benefited.

I am sorry but I am sad about your responses.

Andrew

• Agree 2

45 minutes ago, mevaman1 said:

Hi Guys

A number of you seem grumpy about a donation from sales of one model (of many) being donated to the charity for which the particular loco was named. This has been a practice of many model manufacturers over several years and has led to

Andrew

Sorry you seem upset about the replies you got Andrew. But wording or the way you form sentences and put things across is really important.

The way you've worded it isn't the best. You came across as forceful. There's definitely better ways to put things across.

• Agree 7

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, mevaman1 said:

Hi Guys

Andrew

That’s the way of the world I’m afraid.Sometimes it’s surprising to learn that despite your obviously deeply held convictions,forum members do not agree with you.So perhaps on reflection it might have been wiser not to have posted your concerns on open forum but to have contacted Hattons via pm or email and thus avoided the ensuing  conflict. You did in the end get the outcome you wanted,didn’t you ?  A few ruffled feathers but no broken bones.

I think you should accept that graciously.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5

8 hours ago, MGR Hooper! said:

mevaman1 can easily make a donation of his own if he likes. I don't see the need to have such strong posts basically telling Hatton's what to do.

There is no obligation....

I read it as mevaman1 wanted somebody else to donate their money rather than him donate some of his own, which is very generous of him.

• Agree 4
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

I had a peripheral role in Project Railway Honour.

The locomotive was named at the suggestion of Corporal Gareth Atkinson with the express purpose of raising funds for ABF The Soldier's Charity.  The distinctive nameplate was based on the original LNWR "Patriot" nameplate fitted to Claughton 4-6-0 No. 5964 at the suggestion of a senior Freightliner engineer.

I strongly suspect that permission for the 4mm model - with its ABF logo and distinctive nameplates - was almost certainly given on a similar basis.

No one is forced to donate since no one is forced to buy the model.

cheers

Ben A.

• Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 3

• RMweb Premium

I would imagine Hattons will do a video themselves. And the usual YouTubers will do them as well. I quite enjoy these videos. Sometimes they do babble on a bit but the ones that use HD videoing do give a good opportunity to see the models.

• RMweb Gold
On 04/09/2019 at 21:47, atom3624 said:

It'll get interesting once the first 'accelerated delivery' first arrivals start landing on contributors' layouts .... can't wait!!

Al.

LOL I interesting point. I wonder how the amount of the charitable donation compares with the money spent getting one's model a few weeks early. ;)

3 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

LOL I interesting point. I wonder how the amount of the charitable donation compares with the money spent getting one's model a few weeks early. ;)

Somewhat irrelevant analogy, methinks. Since the price of Patriot is the same as the other locos, I assume that any donations are made out of Hattons' margin, while the airfeight costs are borne by the purchaser.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Agreed truffy. I was just wondering whether the purchaser was spending more to get his or her loco quicker, than the charity was benefiting from the donation, whoever paid it.

That would be an interesting comparison (not analogy) of perceived values.

Edited by Colin_McLeod
Punctuation

I'm just looking forwards to receiving my locomotive once it arrives.

As had been mentioned earlier, doubtless Hattons themselves will provide an 'Unveiling' thread to present the new locomotive.

Yes, I've ordered a 'Patriot' - fancied a 66 in Freightliner 'Powerhaul' livery, and a nameplate always looks a bit 'more special'.

Al.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

You could always have it heavily weathered on one side and clean on the other, and yes it’s prototypical too, I cleaned one side and end of 66849 at chirk one evening with a fire hose and broom then planned to do the other side the next night when it came in the opposite way round but for one reason or another I never got to do it so it ran like this for weeks until it dirtied back up before finally coming off the logs after about 4 months solid on it 

EA00705F-66EB-485C-9342-86FD06C3BBAE.jpg

DSCF9756.jpg

• Like 10
  • Informative/Useful 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium
On 09/08/2019 at 16:02, Hattons Dave said:

Hi all,

Just to confirm, the main batch will arrive via sea freight in December.

Anyone who chooses to have their loco(s) air freighted will receive them around October time instead.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Dave

So it’s October and although I do not want to jump the gun I am a little bit excited now......only a little bit though....well maybe just a bit more than a little bit.

• Funny 1

Hi Hattons Dave,

Possibly a daft question but is there a final date to order or update an order for a 66 on the air freight service by? Presume doesn’t matter if DCC ready, fitted or sound either? 

many thanks in advance

Ali

5 hours ago, jools1959 said:

Sadly I’m going to have to cancel all my Hatton’s orders because of some serious health issues (big C) but all is not lost as I’ve put them on my “wish list”.  Looking positive and hope to get the ones I want in the future.

How awful for you jools1959. Hope you fight it all the way and beat it. And afterwards you can order your Hattons purchases once more. My thoughts are with you.

• Agree 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

6 hours ago, jools1959 said:

Sadly I’m going to have to cancel all my Hatton’s orders because of some serious health issues (big C) but all is not lost as I’ve put them on my “wish list”.  Looking positive and hope to get the ones I want in the future.

Get well soon!

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

8 hours ago, jools1959 said:

Get well soon. Puts model trains into perspective.

• Like 1