Class 66 in OO Gauge - New Announcement

Hattons Dave

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, 7013 said:

This has only a tenuous link to the Class 66. However, I feel this should be cleared up. Firstly employed members of charities do not ‘ hang on’ they are hard working people who run the charity.Secondly, most major charities in fact employ people. I know this because I work for a charity, and I do not hang on, or even need to do the job. I do it because like many other paid charity workers (including the military charities) I want to make a difference and help people in severe difficulties and my role is a paid not voluntary role. I would hope now that this unnecessary diversion can be put to bed and we can get back to the subject of the 66

I would like to take delivery of my Colas version. Will that do for a return to the subject?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, 7013 said:

we can get back to the subject of the 66

55 minutes ago, 96701 said:

I would like to take delivery of my Colas version. Will that do for a return to the subject?

In a similar vein, I've thrown caution to the gin wind and placed my order for H4-66-025.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Always happy to oblige ND. Although the October forecasted deliver has come and gone, but rest assured as soon as I get my early order I will post some pictures and a video. However, under no circumstances will I be doing an unboxing video!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 7013 said:

Always happy to oblige ND. Although the October forecasted deliver has come and gone, but rest assured as soon as I get my early order I will post some pictures and a video. However, under no circumstances will I be doing an unboxing video!

Have you had any word from Hatton's? I may have missed my e-mail

I would think that its highly likely these are not just a one batch model. I know Hatton's have done a wealth of popular liveries and selections, but this is bound to see a second batch follow at some point. Hatton's have deliberately chosen a model that is both popular and widespread meaning that follow up orders are bound to happen. When elements of the first batch sells quickly they can be added to some of the variants that are yet to be done, both in terms of livery and adaptations.  

There's been nothing throughout this entire process which has had me to believe that this is not a one batch run. Anything but...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, The Black Hat said:

I would think that its highly likely these are not just a one batch model. I know Hatton's have done a wealth of popular liveries and selections, but this is bound to see a second batch follow at some point. Hatton's have deliberately chosen a model that is both popular and widespread meaning that follow up orders are bound to happen. When elements of the first batch sells quickly they can be added to some of the variants that are yet to be done, both in terms of livery and adaptations.  

There's been nothing throughout this entire process which has had me to believe that this is not a one batch run. Anything but...

66779, or something that could be renumbered to Evening Star, would be welcomed, at least by yours truly.

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

The Hattons you tube stream on Friday called platform one has news of there 66 this Friday by Jack and Dave

Its an hour and half this week so must be lots to say

also on about the O gauge 66 that Dapol are going to do i guess

Id say they will have more news about the Launch of their own Class A3 locos than the class 66. They are having a big event in store to release the A3’s. 

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

New Liveries Revealed

We are pleased to reveal five new liveries for our forthcoming Class 66! These livery options cover some of the more unique contemporary colour schemes in use today with both Freightliner and GBRf and include the following locomotives.

Below you can see the initial painted bodyshells for the new models. Please note these are not final and amends have already been made for the final models. We will share production samples as soon as they are available.

Pre-order yours HERE

H4-66-033_shell.jpg.1197b6c8f1cd2b66c7ceb5f07f3cf813.jpg

H4-66-033-01.jpg.59fd8c889c475a7c91ddacfcee40731f.jpg

H4-66-033 - 66743 in GBRf/ Royal Scotsman livery

H4-66-034_shell.jpg.9f438e76e0465f9d564ca01c8704a384.jpg

H4-66-034-01.jpg.2ca0c87752bed69811cf59063a5d82db.jpg

H4-66-034 - 66746 in GBRf/ Royal Scotsman livery

H4-66-035_shell.jpg.1f39a9aecc7483e311abfe2277996573.jpgH4-66-035-01.jpg.41f9d3e3aa77b741d0609e336e6cea06.jpg

H4-66-035 - 66780 "The Cemex Express" in GBRf/ Cemex livery

H4-66-036_shell.jpg.112843ac3362b24fccc05501f01cdcbe.jpgH4-66-036-01.jpg.84ea8bfd17f1be59945f7fa24c7e73e2.jpg

H4-66-036 - 66623 in Freightliner/ G&W orange

H4-66-037_shell.jpg.d1436555e8a7d5e3221ea1b3cbf3459f.jpgH4-66-037-01.jpg.1e4360ff15de44b1ef1540408a741bc2.jpg

H4-66-037 - 66587 "As One, We Can" in Freightliner/ ONE pink

H4-66-032 Update

We are also happy to reveal an updated bodyshell for 66783 “The Flying Dustman” in Biffa red. The model now depicts 66783 in its current condition, with two cabside windows rather than three. This also represents a new combination in the tooling that we have not produced already. Due to this modification to the tooling, H4-66-032 will now arrive with our second batch, details below.

H4-66-032_shell.jpg.816236e3f6ad9d3f03fbe4a4f4f5b704.jpg

H4-66-032-01.png.485472d42e644b18edb60520af57001e.png

H4-66-032 - 66783 “The Flying Dustman” in Biffa red with GBRf branding

Delivery Update

All of the locomotives that are on pre-order will be air freighted.

If you would like to get your Class 66 before Christmas, you will need to have your pre-order on our system by 5pm on Thursday 14th November. Any pre-orders placed after this time will be fulfilled from the main shipment arriving in early 2020. This applies to codes: H4-66-001 - H4-66-030 (including Digital & Sound Fitted models)

H4-66-031 will be air freighted in full for pre-Christmas delivery.

All of the above should arrive before the end of November.

Our 5 new liveries announced above and H4-66-032 will be air freighted in full for pre-Christmas delivery and will be available around 18th December.

The air freight option will be available free of charge for all pre orders, the £10 charge is no longer necessary so place your order before 5:00pm on Thursday 14th November.

Pre-order yours HERE

Cheers,

Dave

H4-66-032-01.png

Edited by Hattons Dave
  • Like 13
  • Informative/Useful 1

6 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Is the 18th December delivery date the PRIORITY delivery or 'normal'?

Al.

Seems like any pre-order (before November 14th) is now 'priority' and is being air freighted. Anyone who has agreed to pay the £10 extra for air freight will now not be charged that £10. 

Will 623 be painted in the correct darker shade of orange?

shade on that preproduction shell looks like the one applied to the real 413, this was painted the wrong shade  at Crewe. 

415, 419 and 623 were painted the correct shade at Eastleigh

9 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

Thanks.

I was just hunting the internet and reached that same conclusion.

Seems like 18th December 'free airfreight' delivery for all.

This is awkward - as in wife is not going to be happy, but .... heh ho !!

Al.

I think that's only for the new liveries. The rest will be here by the end of November I think...

This applies to codes: H4-66-001 - H4-66-030 (including Digital & Sound Fitted models)

H4-66-031 will be air freighted in full for pre-Christmas delivery.

All of the above should arrive before the end of November.

• Like 1

Excellent update Hattons. Best brace my wallet then if these are (if I've read this correctly) due after 18th November for the original 30 versions! Best behave at the Warley show then. 

Very much like the new liveries but cant justify buying them. 

Absolutely astounding that Hattons are getting all pre orders air freighted in at no extra cost. I dare say there's going to be a few folk chuntering that they'd gone for the express delivery so they could be in the exclusive club of first acquisition, but now us ordinaries will be in the same boat, but it's really not the end of the world!

Thanks very much must go to Hattons for taking this decision, and financial hit in the name of customer service.

Looking forward to my shed arriving!

Cheers

J

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, JaymzHatstand said:

I dare say there's going to be a few folk chuntering that they'd gone for the express delivery so they could be in the exclusive club of first acquisition, but now us ordinaries will be in the same boat, but it's really not the end of the world!

I doubt many will be that worried & they will soon forget about it.

I think you also mean we'll all be on the same plane, not in the same boat :biggrin_mini2:

• Funny 4