Class 66 in OO Gauge - New Announcement

Hattons Dave

Fantastic news and update from Hattons! Absolutely over the button moon with the new livery announcements. Caught my Mrs in bed with another guy a few weeks ago so happy to spend our house deposit on a number of these 66’s. That’ll soon cheer me up :senile:

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, Shoey said:

Fantastic news and update from Hattons! Absolutely over the button moon with the new livery announcements. Caught my Mrs in bed with another guy a few weeks ago so happy to spend our house deposit on a number of these 66’s. That’ll soon cheer me up :senile:

yeah sorry about that! She told me you were working away that week 

• Funny 11

Just watched the Video via YouTube, geez they’ve really raised the bar with this model. Just need to build a layout now! 

One question I’ve got now is, DCC fitted, what number function chip will be supplied as they mentioned 4 & 6 a number of times in there. 

I had the large logo one ordered and could not resist adding a “Pink” one to the fleet so a second 66 will be heading my way.

Also went straight to C Rail website and ordered a handful of matching containers - cannot wait to see them on the layout.

Hats off to Hattons, the locos look superb and the video on the DCC aspects was superb.

• Like 1

Excellent video from Hattons. Also pleased to see it looks like the GBRf orange has been corrected on 66705 to a more prototypical colour.

Sounds from Biffo are excellent as are the lighting control. 

One query, function 14 doing the radar hiss, is there a way to make this happen randomly rather than having to select the function each time? Or is the chip clever enough to remember that it's on and will leave it on.

Certainly on NCE gear, when you go to select another loco if it's not in your recall stack (of which there's only 6 spaces) all the functions return to off, rather annoying.

Edit - same query for the random reving up that's going to happen every 2 minutes, doesn't mention which function key but again can CVs be tweaked so it happens automatically?

Edited by SouthernMafia
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, SouthernMafia said:

Excellent video from Hattons. Also pleased to see it looks like the GBRf orange has been corrected on 66705 to a more prototypical colour.

Sounds from Biffo are excellent as are the lighting control. 

One query, function 14 doing the radar hiss, is there a way to make this happen randomly rather than having to select the function each time? Or is the chip clever enough to remember that it's on and will leave it on.

Certainly on NCE gear, when you go to select another loco if it's not in your recall stack (of which there's only 6 spaces) all the functions return to off, rather annoying.

Edit - same query for the random reving up that's going to happen every 2 minutes, doesn't mention which function key but again can CVs be tweaked so it happens automatically?

I think Ian said with the function on the hiss will occur every 45 seconds.. As per the prototype..? 

• RMweb Gold

Possibly one for a new thread -

Having watched the Hattons YouTube video there are so many possible pitfalls. It would be helpful if someone who does know can post a table of which of the many sound variants available in the sounds package are on which actual loco' so that the less knowledgable amongst us about Class 66s don't commit howlers. For example I have no idea what a Spirax(?) valve even does so have no idea which option 66957 has on it nor, as it is a Freightliner loco, whether it has the non-standard horns.

Weathering and details can be gleaned from the many on-line photos but not the sounds.

Edited by john new

Great video on the new Hatton's class 66 and sound files - the attention to detail is almost overwhelming

The recent additional models to the range are most welcome - particularly the Royal Scotsman 66's
I can't help thinking that the big omission in the range are the new DB repaints with the large DB logo - a good one to do would be 66100 Armistice 100
Photo attached ( credit Dave Clarke)

75063958_580114865861782_7215579825040261120_o.jpg

• Like 3
  • Agree 7

• RMweb Premium
49 minutes ago, SouthernMafia said:

Yes, but I took from the video that you have to turn the function on, it won't do it automatically (which is a shame)

It means though, that you have a choice, which is good.

• Like 2

I believe the softer sounding horns are fitted to the 5 door low emission locos. I've definitely heard DRS and GB machines with them, and older Freightliner machines with the standard horn. There may be some late 4 door locos with these horns, but I can't confirm. 

The 5 door locos are 66582 upwards, 623 upwards, 66951 upwards, 66718 - 779 (with a few exceptions), 66411 upwards and 66301-305

Jo

• Informative/Useful 1