Class 66 in OO Gauge - New Announcement

Hattons Dave

• RMweb Gold

Hi guys, 

Just to make you all aware. If you place your Class 66 pre-order by the end of today (Thursday 14th November 2019) you will qualify for free air-freight delivery and you will get your model in time for Christmas. 

This applies to H4-66-001 through to H4-66-031. If you place a pre-order for H4-66-032 to H4-66-037, these will all arrive in December regardless. 

Cheers, 

Dave

• Like 1

On 08/11/2019 at 20:12, Pegleg90 said:

Just watched the Video via YouTube, geez they’ve really raised the bar with this model. Just need to build a layout now! 

One question I’ve got now is, DCC fitted, what number function chip will be supplied as they mentioned 4 & 6 a number of times in there. 

manuals - user guide/sound are available for download, see the project update page on Hattons site, which go some way to indicating the limitations of 4/6 function decoders.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Sir TophamHatt said:

Can't decide :/

I think I want EWS (although Freightliner would be nice), as this class simple means EWS for me.

But I can't decide if I should go for one with mirrors or not?

Weren't they a recent addition?

Were you to get a model without mirrors,  you could always buy some.

http://www.phd-design-etchings.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=94

• RMweb Premium
48 minutes ago, 96701 said:

Were you to get a model without mirrors,  you could always buy some.

http://www.phd-design-etchings.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=94

Have you ever tried to assemble any?

Extremely FLF that I gave up on........

Cheers,

Mick

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, newbryford said:

Have you ever tried to assemble any?

Extremely FLF that I gave up on........

Cheers,

Mick

I think precision do some resin ones instead...

all this talk of 66 sound....do people actually like the sound one makes ? Or is it about all the bells and whistles.

makes me think of a rusty spindle ....

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, rob D2 said:

I think precision do some resin ones instead...

all this talk of 66 sound....do people actually like the sound one makes ? Or is it about all the bells and whistles.

makes me think of a rusty spindle ....

It gives locos more presence & makes driving the thing more involving.

I drive my sound fitted locos/units a lot more than the silent ones.

• Like 1

On 14/11/2019 at 12:38, Sir TophamHatt said:

Can't decide :/

I think I want EWS (although Freightliner would be nice), as this class simple means EWS for me.

But I can't decide if I should go for one with mirrors or not?

Weren't they a recent addition?

I bought some etches for mirrors a few yrs back then discovered  when looking at prototype actuals that none I possess actually have them... 

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Marcoblanco said:

I bought some etches for mirrors a few yrs back then discovered  when looking at prototype actuals that none I possess actually have them... 

I think that mirrors have only been fitted to EWS 66s - but not from new.

Edited by newbryford
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
29 minutes ago, Shoey said:

Talking of mirrors, does anyone know when (what year) 66005 had them fitted please?

Second half of 2006 if flickr pics are dated correctly.

( I searched 66005 and year)

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Second half of 2006 if flickr pics are dated correctly.

( I searched 66005 and year)

Thank you Mick. It’s a shame Hattons haven’t done half the batch with mirrors and half without. I plan to model 2008 onwards but may stretch back to 2006 (any excuse for another 66 right...?) 

• RMweb Premium
1 minute ago, Shoey said:

Thank you Mick. It’s a shame Hattons haven’t done half the batch with mirrors and half without. I plan to model 2008 onwards but may stretch back to 2006 (any excuse for another 66 right...?) 

A quick persusal of other random EWS 66s seem to show mirrors being fitted from about 2005 onwards

• Informative/Useful 1

33 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

No the 59 is a different beast with four more cylinders,hand built and two thousand amps more in traction current,i just hope i live long enough to get a Dapol DB sound model,i guess they are waiting to see how the Hattons 66 turned out and will keep up or better its functionality.I take it you have driven both??

The different displacement and exhaust setups help change the note too, aswell as having a mechanical engine governor.

then you have a 57 which is just a 12cyl version of the 59’s engine, but has a much different sound with a very distinct supercharger whistle to it.

yeah i have mate, the 59s are a beast!

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Alcanman said:

According to 'Modern Locomotives Illustrated' - ''Six locos were trial fitted in September 2004 and the entire (EWS) fleet soon followed. Other UK class 66 operators followed this safety led policy'.

I can't find any UK 66 operator using mirrors except EWS/DB. (BICBW)

Even the DB locos transferred to GBRf (66780-789) appear to have had them removed.

Cheers,

Mick

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi guys, 

We are pleased to reveal a selection of final production samples for our Class 66! We have received samples for a number of liveries, including Freightliner Powerhaul - which has not previously been shown. 

1754477590_H4-66-006PS.jpg.07cb5d74fc4efe538886639d160dd242.jpg

H4-66-006 - 66097 in DB Schenker Livery - £150

51029861_H4-66-008PS.jpg.f1a79ee0f0965794ce19b48100e5f221.jpg

H4-66-008 - 66033 in Euro Cargo Rail livery - £150

572943600_H4-66-020PS.jpg.7e89fd79046b0c9c68199b6fa13b9856.jpg

H4-66-020 - 66504 in Freightliner Powerhaul livery - £150

1772058707_H4-66-031PS.jpg.d541c2e659d72170b87e8fc20b86c42a.jpg

H4-66-031 - 66789 in BR Large Logo Blue with GBRf branding "British Rail 1948 - 1997" livery - £150

With the arrival date drawing closer, we are excited to release our brand-new 66s and we hope you are looking forward to receiving them. 

Cheers, 

Dave

Edited by Hattons Dave
  • Like 16