Class 66 in OO Gauge - New Announcement

Hattons Dave

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, john new said:

So if I’ve read that right only one coupling end is supplied . How do we order the second coupling and slotted air dam so as to have a coupling at both ends

You've not read it right, fortunately,  you get two of each.  One of each on the loco and one of each separately.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium

I was looking at them in the display cabinet yesterday, very shiny and exciting! 

My eyes were all over the EWS 66005 I’m shortly going to buy, from first impressions, the bodyside EWS lettering looked *perhaps* a little ‘skinny’ compared to the bulk of the number digits though, but probably subjective and easily sorted with some new decals as part of the renumbering process anyway! We don’t want every layout having a 66005 otherwise, doh! 

I was in in-depth mid-thought on this lettering topic when a friendly Hattons staff member saw me gazing lovingly up at the cabinet containing my next purchase and I had to stutter out some random words that hopefully sounded something like ‘it looked good in the plastic’ :lol::lol:

Looking forward to it lads :good:

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

On 24/11/2019 at 13:43, James Makin said:

My eyes were all over the EWS 66005 I’m shortly going to buy, from first impressions, the bodyside EWS lettering looked *perhaps* a little ‘skinny’ compared to the bulk of the number digits though, but probably subjective...

Agreed on the EWS lettering looking 'thinner'/lighter than the number font.  This was raised several months ago when the pre-production shots first emerged, so if it is still the case on the production sample of 66005, then it seems as though this was not corrected, ignored, or deemed to be correct as it stands.  I'm glad that someone else has picked-up on it though.  

I'm in a similar mindset with regard to the 'Barbie' liveried GBRf versions in that the bodyside GBRf text and loco numbering appear somewhat 'slender'.  I did mention this again to Dave at Warley, although he is adamant that having worked from official GBRf spec that it is indeed correct.  While I agree that the GBRf text on 'Barbie' livery is/was somewhat 'thinner' than the text/logo of GBRf's current livery, I'm still not entirely convinced that it's quite as slender as it is now portrayed on the model, which to my eye still appears somewhat too thin.  Benefit of the doubt etc...  although I'm happy to be proved entirely wrong of course.

Al

Edited by YesTor
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

Looking at the images in that link, the buffers and piping are all part of the air dam moulding? Or am I missing something. 

I would see that as a positive, not negative, but I am sure others will have a differing perspective. Hopefully if it is one moulding that is one less fiddly small bit to knock off. I don't have the luxury of a permanent layout (it sits in the spare bedroom between family stop over visits) so small, vulnerable, bits can be problematic.

Edited by john new

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, john new said:

I would see that as a positive, not negative, but I am sure others will have a differing perspective. Hopefully if it is one moulding that is one less fiddly small bit to knock off. I don't have the luxury of a permanent layout (it sits in the spare bedroom between family stop over visits) so small, vulnerable, bits can be problematic.

I agree that it would be a positive. Just replace the whole thing in one go, rather than remove the buffers and all piping and refit to the other part.

• Agree 1

On 24/11/2019 at 12:48, john new said:

So if I’ve read that right only one coupling enabled end is supplied  plus a blank. How do we order the second coupling and slotted air dam so as to have a coupling at both ends?

I still find it odd that Hattons refer to the obstacle deflector as an air dam. If the loco was capable of 150 mph plus...then maybe....! :wacko:

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

just was at the Hatton's page for another pre-order when I noticed that since pre-ordering the class 66 almost all details changed - well my name is the same :P, but new phone number because of new job and credit card changed for some fraud reasons.... quickly updated everything, otherwise no loco will be at my doorstep :angry:

so guys - it is quite some time since Hatton's announced the 66 - have you updated your details??

4 hours ago, Vecchio said:

just was at the Hatton's page for another pre-order when I noticed that since pre-ordering the class 66 almost all details changed - well my name is the same :P, but new phone number because of new job and credit card changed for some fraud reasons.... quickly updated everything, otherwise no loco will be at my doorstep :angry:

so guys - it is quite some time since Hatton's announced the 66 - have you updated your details??

The men makes a very good point:crazy_mini:

The concept of removable 'air dams' is fairly standard.............I would expect the units to come with all hoses and scale couplings on Hattons new 66. Attaching them with screws is a nice idea. Others I have seen are clip fits which can weaken over time.

LHS Hornby ALCo DL500S HE3109    Extra buffers attached

RHS Roco EMD J16CW/AC R43833

PB260001.JPG

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Does anyone know how to access a list of all the functions the Class 66 will have, especially the lights, I have downloaded the manual but it has minimal info about what functions do what. Hattons live chat is anything but this morning (probably busy post Warley) . I have two sound 66s on order and would like to programme my controllers beforehand if possible.

• RMweb Gold
22 minutes ago, 7013 said:

Does anyone know how to access a list of all the functions the Class 66 will have, especially the lights, I have downloaded the manual but it has minimal info about what functions do what. Hattons live chat is anything but this morning (probably busy post Warley) . I have two sound 66s on order and would like to programme my controllers beforehand if possible.

Morning 7013,

We've got a separate instruction manual which is dedicated to sound and lighting functions which you can access on the Class 66 Project Page.

66_lighting.JPG.a3779938d00fa6b10a8f1094819178a8.JPG

Both manuals will also be included in the box as well.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,

Dave

Edited by Hattons Dave
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
9 minutes ago, stock_2007 said:

Just how many times can I say " sorry there was a hold up, but I'm sure your Christmas present will be here for January"....maybe?:crazy_mini:

Up to seven times in the case of another manufacturer...…………..

:o

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

52 minutes ago, stock_2007 said:

So my rush to pre-order 66587 before the 14th was a waste of time!

45 minutes ago, anstyman said:

A shame after all the rush and added air freight costs to get the models i was after for Christmas, and now all the sound versions wont be shipped out until January.

You'll just have to find another loco to go around the X-mas tree :jester:

• Like 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Marcoblanco said:

I see one person has received there 66 today... Anybody else? Probably to busy playing!!! 

Thanks for letting us know. 

Out of interest where has the person posted that their 66 has arrived. I haven't seen anything on here or on any other railway or social media sites either. 

I'm asking because I'm interested to hear reviews. I may buy a couple next year if the reviews are positive. 

Thanks in advance.