Class 66 in OO Gauge - New Announcement

Hattons Dave

On 17/12/2019 at 11:45, Pegleg90 said:

Is there a more definitive arrival date yet? Parents are asking if they’ll need to wrap it up for Christmas :D

Tell them they probably wont be wrapping one for xmas 2019 :P

Joking aside I've accepted I wont be receiving my two in time for Christmas now so have treated myself to a pair of Bachmann 37/7's instead :) Will look forward to getting them in the New Year at some point.

Have a great Christmas all.

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, AlexHolt said:

But thats not what people are talking about is it. The problem people have been discussing is that the reviewers on youtube are affiliated with hattons and are getting paid by hattons. BRM, a company independent from Hattons and not getting paid by the manufacturer to do a review of a product is totally different to someone on the Hattons payroll reviewing a product. 

For god sake this is getting ridiculous. If people want to watch the videos then that’s up to them. If they want to take everything said in then as gospel truth then so what? No one is forcing anyone to accept everything that is said as completely accurate. Personally, I watch the videos to see the models in action. Not to hear anyone’s opinions. See that’s the thing, my opinions are made by me, not influenced by anyone else. If people can’t do then I suggest they don’t watch YouTube! 

• Like 2
  • Agree 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, AlexHolt said:

But thats not what people are talking about is it. The problem people have been discussing is that the reviewers on youtube are affiliated with hattons and are getting paid by hattons. BRM, a company independent from Hattons and not getting paid by the manufacturer to do a review of a product is totally different to someone on the Hattons payroll reviewing a product. 

Hmm, you seem to overlook that Hattons pay BRM a handsome amount each month for advertising, making Hattons a customer of BRM, and nobody likes upsetting customers.

As I said before, time to move on. I was not against the discussion, it had just run its course and just keeps going round and round. I want to come here for news, not pointless wibble about who / what can do what / when. If people are really upset by the likes of Sam's Trains, start a new thread - its is just as relevant to other models.

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge
  • Agree 2

35 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Hmm, you seem to overlook that Hattons pay BRM a handsome amount each month for advertising, making BRM a customer of Hattons, and nobody likes upsetting customers.

I highly doubt Hatton's would withdraw advertising from one of the biggest & best UK Railway Modelling mags based on an unbiased review of their products...but totally agree time to move on.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, AlexHolt said:

Oh dear, humour gene disengaged.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Roy Langridge said:

Hmm, you seem to overlook that Hattons pay BRM a handsome amount each month for advertising, making BRM a customer of Hattons, and nobody likes upsetting customers.

[pedant mode] Technically that makes Hattons a customer of BRM.  BRM supply an advertising facility that Hattons use for a price. [/pedant mode].

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Regarding delivery, I've just had an email from Hattons to advise that they have merged my order for EWS 66, with another order for a Dapol Class 21. The Dapol 21 has just arrived at Hattons, so the 66s must be imminent, otherwise no sense in merging the orders.

Edit for further news. Another email to say order for merged 21 and 66 order has been processed and paid for, so just waiting for despatch now.

Edited by rembrow
Added info

• RMweb Premium

Just received a short time ago an e-mail from Hattons that they have processed my order - and checked my online banking and the card payment is now showing as a pending transaction.   Looks like "Madge Elliot" could be here by Christmas!

Edited by cessna152towser

7 hours ago, chris37422 said:

Tell them they probably wont be wrapping one for xmas 2019 :P

Joking aside I've accepted I wont be receiving my two in time for Christmas now so have treated myself to a pair of Bachmann 37/7's instead :) Will look forward to getting them in the New Year at some point.

Have a great Christmas all.

Funnily enough just had notification that my order for DCC fitted one has been processed! So they might be wrapping it Christmas Eve then :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ian Hargrave said:

A tranche of Hattons 66 are now on eBay.What was that about getting your order in early ? Cue now for howls of outrage .....hey ho,it’s Christmas.

All very quickly taken down by the looks of it. Perhaps someone hit the upload button a bit too soon.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
4 minutes ago, eric709 said:

All very quickly taken down by the looks of it. Perhaps someone hit the upload button a bit too soon.

Yes, looks as though the Ebay 66s have been removed. 

I have searched 'Hattons Class 66', 'OO Gauge 66528', 'OO Gauge 66704' etc and their are no results at all for any of the Hattons 66s. 

I was wondering why they were on Ebay considering that only the pre-orders to be fulfilled before Christmas are for the standard DCC Ready models in December 2019 and the rest either DCC Fitted, DCC Sound Fitted and anyone who hasn't pre-ordered alike myself are due to be delivered in January or February 2020. 

I am hoping that these delivery estimates remain correct because on the basis of this I bought the Hornby GWR Limited Edition OOC HST Set. I'm really pleased with it but I just hope that for us non pre-order customers the delivery remains at January/February because if they are in stock now and say listed this month by the time I can get some money together again they may be sold out. So least to say I am hoping that the Ebay listings indeed were in error and said listings won't appear until 2020. 

Hattons staff must be working late. Had an email at 21.30, to advise my EWS66 had been packed and dispatched. As they merged my order with the Dapol Class 22, both have bee sent post and packing free. Thanks, Hattons, with Royal Mail 24 tracked, may be here on Saturday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've just had an e-mail stating it is packed, and has been given a reference.

When fed into the RM system they are unable to locate the reference at this time.

I might be wrong, but that infers all is ready to ship, but has not yet been collected by RM.

Al.