Class 66 in OO Gauge - New Announcement

Hattons Dave

• RMweb Premium

Is anybody thinking of renumbering an EWS one? I'd like to do one from the early 2000s WBBM pool (the RHTB-fitted locos) which will mean renumbering from (probably) Hatton's 66125. But I wonder how the Hatton's colour compares to EWS and whether my stock of Modelmaster decals will work - they were a good match for the Bachmann body colour. 

42 minutes ago, Daddyman said:

Is anybody thinking of renumbering an EWS one? I'd like to do one from the early 2000s WBBM pool (the RHTB-fitted locos) which will mean renumbering from (probably) Hatton's 66125. But I wonder how the Hatton's colour compares to EWS and whether my stock of Modelmaster decals will work - they were a good match for the Bachmann body colour. 

I would think your biggest problem is the bodyside ribbing!

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

1 hour ago, letterspider said:

I would think your biggest problem is the bodyside ribbing!

No, biggest problem is colour match. 

Ribbing soon lies down and plays dead as long as it is glossed first, and Microsol products are used with the transfer. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Daddyman said:

Ribbing soon lies down and plays dead as long as it is glossed first, and Microsol products are used with the transfer. 

No guarantee you don’t rub the gold off though 

Edited by rob D2
  • Agree 1

Guest MM1991
1 minute ago, 92009DBS said:

Is there any new on the sounds model I placed my order before the 15 November.

Cieran 

Read through the last few pages, where it has been discussed

• RMweb Premium
On 02/01/2020 at 18:11, Daddyman said:

I’m waiting on the EWS 66005 (sound one) when they come out and going to renumber, I’d bargained on stripping off both the lettering and numbers for consistency and replacing the lot with some Modelmaster versions - it’ll be very interesting to see if my usual Humbrol enamel thinners will strip the branding without going through the paint.

The Bachmann EWS ones were hit and miss (later ones are easy!) so if Hattons can deliver on a clean renumbering process as well as the detail improvements, then that’ll be the final icing on the cake! :good_mini:

Cheers,

James

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, James Makin said:

I’m waiting on the EWS 66005 (sound one) when they come out and going to renumber, I’d bargained on stripping off both the lettering and numbers for consistency and replacing the lot with some Modelmaster versions - it’ll be very interesting to see if my usual Humbrol enamel thinners will strip the branding without going through the paint.

The Bachmann EWS ones were hit and miss (later ones are easy!) so if Hattons can deliver on a clean renumbering process as well as the detail improvements, then that’ll be the final icing on the cake! :good_mini:

Cheers,

James

Thanks. I've always used Modelstrip for RTR print myself - it's very gentle and only takes the print off. 

• Informative/Useful 1

On 04/01/2020 at 13:01, James Makin said:

Cheers,

James

Renumbering EWS GM stuff is tricky, even back in Lima days. I always repaint the gold band entirely after sanding down the existing printing as it's the only way to get a colour match. The top of the gold band should be exactly one 'rib' below the first angle of the roofline, level with the cab windows. 

On ‎25‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 20:15, Pegleg90 said:

had to read the manual a couple of times re function control and yes will need to re-program F2 as I use a gauge master prodigy advance 2.

I wish Gaugemaster would allow some sort of update to make this latching!
The biggest drawback of the PA2 IMO.  Maybe it's time to re-look at another controller.  Will have to see what the bank says first!

What function is on F2?
What did you move it to?

Is there a step by step guide?

Cheers!

Firstly really pleased to say had a replacement 66789 today and it runs perfectly. Thank you Hattons for a quick turnaround.

The decoder functions are the same as the decoder in the Class 68 so this is what I did.

I set mine to F8, Button 8 is part of the higher functions, which would make use of CV38. Therefore, by selecting the value that corresponds to Button 8 (a value of 8), and programming that value into CV 38, Function 2 will now respond to Button 8. To finish the transfer, you need to clear the button from responding to Button 2. To do this, program CV 36 with 0.

Now you are finished!

• Informative/Useful 1

On 06/01/2020 at 09:52, Sir TophamHatt said:

I wish Gaugemaster would allow some sort of update to make this latching!
The biggest drawback of the PA2 IMO.  Maybe it's time to re-look at another controller.  Will have to see what the bank says first!

What function is on F2?
What did you move it to?

Is there a step by step guide?

Cheers!

See my post above, I use the same controller. It's reasonably straight forward.

1 hour ago, IamDaniel said:

Hiya @Hattons Dave, I have 66743 on order (pre-ordered before the Nov 15 cut-off). Any idea when it is likely to arrive, please? The website just says 'Jan'.

Cheers!

Why not simply go to Hattons website where you will find a handy 'chat' button located in the bottom right-hand side of your screen.  Quote your Order No. requesting a delivery update.  Simple, no?  :rolleyes:

• Agree 2
  • Funny 2

I did ask Hattons about it a week or so ago and they didn't had a specific date yet. Just some point in January. But 'early January' is ending soon. ^_^ Somehow I'm glad though that it hasn't arrived yet, a new month on my card starts today. December was expensive enough for me :lol:

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, stock_2007 said:

I was wondering if the next release will be coming by ship  (my pink 'One') as any delay will have the Chinese New Year on top of us:crazy_mini:

you and your pink one, first you want it to come early, now your worried it’s not gonna come quick enough as it’s in the hands of some seamen! 

0C8C29EE-7B3A-4084-952C-C94F2EA2DEB9.jpeg.05471f4d7d96074fdbe87f6cdee4587c.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Funny 10

2 hours ago, big jim said:

you and your pink one, first you want it to come early, now your worried it’s not gonna come quick enough as it’s in the hands of some seamen! 

Seems there's nowt premature about it's arrival either way...  :P

• Funny 2

31 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

One would ask why order a pink one in the first place ...

How many pink locos are there in the world let alone Britain? It’d certainly stand out on any modern layout.

Jack.

• Like 2