Class 66 in OO Gauge - New Announcement

Hattons Dave

11 hours ago, big jim said:

you and your pink one, first you want it to come early, now your worried it’s not gonna come quick enough as it’s in the hands of some seamen! 

At least you’ll be telling the whole truth when you tell your other half 'I'm going to play with my pink one, I might be some time!!'

:senile:

Jack.

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

For those who who like Pink diesels, I’ve got something altogether different...

As a counter narrative to Steam Punk, I give you

Unsteam Unpunk...

4E3B9814-C245-4E9B-BE38-C9948A57B3F3.jpeg.bb6a63036e1dd95dbf495efda649fd52.jpeg59E7EF49-8BF2-491D-80BF-C8CB288F03FB.jpeg.8f26f929041df19a4e05baddad388d2d.jpeg

It used to be pink underneath.

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 2

33 minutes ago, stock_2007 said:

So do we know when the next release that includes  my Freightliner 66 that's not green will be here:crazy_mini:

Or my Freightliner one which is green. :D

Who knows? With a shipping route of a few weeks, they are probably somewhere at sea.

You mentioned Chinese New Year earlier. That is not for a couple of weeks anyway & the journey takes a few weeks.

Look on the positive side; no payment is taken until the model gets processed for delivery.

The pink one...

” AS ONE WE CAN “, seems like a bit’s  missing to that name .

I’d suggest adding... “ PRETEND IT’S A P#NIS “,

after reading this thread.

I feel sorry for Hattons Dave .

Edited by rob D2
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold

I was in basford hall the other night and the big pink one was sat next to one of the orange ones, quite a colourful combination!

ive got a ‘rainbow respray’ Bachmann 66 in pink, picked it up off a bay for £120 which was an absolute bargain Probably thanks to  Hattons (and Hornby) announcing it in the main range thus reducing its worth

7CAE4C2D-6EE7-4B03-BD32-111B41AE4942.jpeg.7f818edf6ac367b07ff88c425cf6111e.jpeg

also note the GBRf 60 which I’m glad Hornby never announced this week! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, rob D2 said:

The pink one...

” AS ONE WE CAN “, seems like a bit’s  missing to that name .

I’d suggest adding... “ PRETEND IT’S A P#NIS “,

after reading this thread.

I feel sorry for Hattons Dave .

This thread was a bit of fun till you started with the smut

• Funny 2

4 minutes ago, stock_2007 said:

TBH, I've always assumed your continual reference to your 'pink ONE' to have been smutty. My filthy mind, your hypocrisy? You choose.

• Funny 1

2 minutes ago, truffy said:

TBH, I've always assumed your continual reference to your 'pink ONE' to have been smutty. My filthy mind, your hypocrisy? You choose.

Freightliner class 66 in pink livery with 'one' printed on the side.... how am I being smutty?  I don't think I'll be joining in anymore.

• Friendly/supportive 2

I think regardless of whatever euphemisms one can look at in the conversation, the subject is a model class 66 which in real life is actually painted pink.

I don't see how this has come to people arguing. Surely we all know we are talking about a locomotive and not a part of the male anatomy?

Edited by TomScrut
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

I think regardless of whatever euphemisms one can look at in the conversation, the subject is a model class 66 which in real life is actually painted pink.

I don't see how this has come to people arguing. Surely we all know we are talking about a locomotive and not a part of the male anatomy?

Lack of 66’s...

Soon as everyones got their model they’ll stop thinking of other types of models.

just hope when the pink 66 arrives, its clean.. if its weathered some may think it caught something in the far east.

In reality how many pink 66’s are there ? I passed on near York a few months back, you couldnt miss it really, no idea the number...

fwiw.. the top worst  liveries I can think of are: 41101, 47803, 31116, this Pink 66 fits in the list.

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, stock_2007 said:

Freightliner class 66 in pink livery with 'one' printed on the side.... how am I being smutty?  I don't think I'll be joining in anymore.

sorry, I genuinely thought you were in on the joke, sorry if I’ve offended you at all! 

I’ll know in future to handle the pink one with care! 

(ok i’ll stop now) 

jokes aside though I should imagine that particular livery will be a good seller, it’s certainly very distinctive and something different to have and I bet it will look good pulling a rake of the recently announced Hornby pink ONE containers! 

of the 30 or so Bachmann 66s I have I’d say 2/3 of those are some sort of special livery or have livery adornments (mainly GBRF) as I like to have something different but there are a few standard livery locos to return some monotony to the trains

Edited by big jim
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 1

39 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Lack of 66’s...

Soon as everyones got their model they’ll stop thinking of other types of models.

just hope when the pink 66 arrives, its clean.. if its weathered some may think it caught something in the far east.

In reality how many pink 66’s are there ? I passed on near York a few months back, you couldnt miss it really, no idea the number...

fwiw.. the top worst  liveries I can think of are: 41101, 47803, 31116, this Pink 66 fits in the list.

As far as I am aware there is only one (pun unintentional), one of the few Freightliner celebs.

It's each to their own though. I am just glad somebody has made it as a production run as I wasn't willing to pay respray prices for a respray

• RMweb Gold

Yes there is only one 66 in that livery

as for paying respray prices if your lucky like I was before Christmas I saved over £100 on the original respray cost of the pink ‘ONE’ (just checked and I paid £136) 

similarly I got a cairns road works Cemex livery 66780 Bachmann respray for £114, there are a couple up on eBay at the minute for £230 BIN, which when you consider you can soon get the hattons one for £150 and the Hornby railroad one for £80 is a bit optimistic to my eyes

if like me you see nothing wrong with the Bachmann 66 now is the time to pick up some real bargains on line and in model shops 2nd hand cupboards as people trade up to the hattons one, I even picked up the rails LTD ED  freightliner ’poppy’ from topp trains in Stafford on NYE For £85! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, stock_2007 said:

Either you really didn’t get the references to “ pink one “ in the first place, or you’ve decided to suddenly convert to being a Puritan, either way, don’t worry

i shall make no further reference to class 66 combined with anatomy. Incidentally anatomy isn’t smut .

Edited by rob D2
  • Like 2
  • Funny 2

8 hours ago, big jim said:

as for paying respray prices if your lucky like I was before Christmas I saved over £100 on the original respray cost of the pink ‘ONE’ (just checked and I paid £136) 

similarly I got a cairns road works Cemex livery 66780 Bachmann respray for £114, there are a couple up on eBay at the minute for £230 BIN, which when you consider you can soon get the hattons one for £150 and the Hornby railroad one for £80 is a bit optimistic to my eyes

if like me you see nothing wrong with the Bachmann 66 now is the time to pick up some real bargains on line and in model shops 2nd hand cupboards as people trade up to the hattons one, I even picked up the rails LTD ED  freightliner ’poppy’ from topp trains in Stafford on NYE For £85! 

The Bachmann one is good enough although I aren't actively seeking to buy anymore until the dust settles with Hattons ones. If I do buy more Bachmanns it will probably be celebs that Hattons don't make (I want the TFL one to go with my Harry Beck and I also want the rainbow one). Then I'd just be scared I'd pay collector's prices for something that Hattons might just announce they do a run of!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, big jim said:

Prett much bargains, I feel sorry for the resprayers and people like rails who just got limited editions before the hattons one broke out.

ive got two EWS Bachmann ones, I’ll see how the issues with the hattons ones play out and then maybe get a FL /6 

12 hours ago, big jim said:

Ive got a feeling you bought my cemex 66 off me

Cieran

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, TomScrut said:

Then I'd just be scared I'd pay collector's prices for something that Hattons might just announce they do a run of!

Fear alone has tanked values of several rarer 66’s and 47’s.

It wasn’t that long ago a couple of rarer 47’s were going towards £300 !!, with 1 expception, ebays rarest without sound is around £200 now, <£100 the majority.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, 92009DBS said:

Ive got a feeling you bought my cemex 66 off me

Cieran

I think I did, your name rings a bell, you can be rest assured it’s gone to a good home and is pride of place with my other GBRF 66s in the display cabinet but it will also be run and enjoyed once I get the new layout operational 

• Like 1