Class 66 in OO Gauge - New Announcement

Hattons Dave

5 minutes ago, truffy said:

As far as I read it, @Alan Oliver's not asking for a commitment to a delivery date, but simply a status update on the stage in the pipeline. If they're already on the high seas, the virus epidemic is less of an issue.

If they were prepared to say anything more than 'delayed', they would have done so by now.

One thing I am sure of is that they want to exchange their models for our money, but not until they are happy that the model is as good as they promised us it would be.

I am keen to run my new 66 too. But it isn't here yet & any worrying about whether it is on the sea, sunk in the Atlantic, in the UK, stuck in China or shot down by somebody's air force won't get our models here any quicker.

All we can do is get on with modelling & smile as we see another credit card bill pass without the payment for it being taken off.

35 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

You have more chance of meeting Moses in a local nightclub than seeing anything from China at the moment,its more whats going on with the pandemic and theres an issue with the lighting functionallity,it needs a lot more sorting as it needs to be right and its turning into a nightmare for them it seems,is yours Pink............

I am not sure lighting is the issue. To disagree would be pointless because neither of us know any more than Hattons' statement that it is delayed.

I completely agree that this is turning into a nightmare for them. The consensus was that we wanted a model which was correct & not rushed...so they are making sure it is correct, just like we wanted.

4 hours ago, newbryford said:

I believe that even with a four function decoder, the tail lights are switched via F1/F2. F0 controls directional headlights - day or night is selected via an internal switch.

So they can be used on the rear of TnT trains. F0 off, and F1 or F2 on depending which end needs to be red only.

I think I may have learnt something there. I use the end functions to switch off when pulling trains, but what you're saying is when the lights are off those functions turn the parking lights on?

4 hours ago, Pete the Elaner said:

Yes, I was impressed with Bachmann's 90, but that did not show parking lights.

Am I mistaken or does the Hatton's 55 not allow rear lights only. This would be useful because they top & tail engineering trains & RHTT (which of course is a Hattons Original model).

The end lights can be independently controlled, so the model would allow it with the right decoder and programming. Not sure if the Bachmann or Zimo ones can be programmed accordingly (I don't know enough about them) but I'd hazard a guess from my programming I did on my Dapol 68 lighting that a suitable ESU decoder could add a parking light function. I know the Loksound works with the servo, maybe the Lokpilot V5 (for which there is very little information from what I can see) has servo too? EDIT it would seem the Lokpilot V5 does have servo functionality, so would probably work in a 90 if configured correctly

Edited by TomScrut
Additional info
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
16 hours ago, Pete the Elaner said:

If they were prepared to say anything more than 'delayed', they would have done so by now.

One thing I am sure of is that they want to exchange their models for our money, but not until they are happy that the model is as good as they promised us it would be.

I am keen to run my new 66 too. But it isn't here yet & any worrying about whether it is on the sea, sunk in the Atlantic, in the UK, stuck in China or shot down by somebody's air force won't get our models here any quicker.

All we can do is get on with modelling & smile as we see another credit card bill pass without the payment for it being taken off.

Concur, I currently have the spare funds (got paid for one-off part time job) so have parked it into my savings a/c to avoid using it for something else. My sound fitted 66 957 will be here when it is, given the greater issue in China I’m expecting a fair wait!

Edited by john new
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

I think I may have learnt something there. I use the end functions to switch off when pulling trains, but what you're saying is when the lights are off those functions turn the parking lights on?

F0 controls the headlights/marker lights directionally with F0. (Headlight/marker light combo is selected by internal switches

F1 will control the reds at one end, F2 the other.

This means that you can quite happily turn the reds off when hauling a train - with F0 on and F1/F2 off.

Turn F0 off and F1 or F2 on and the loco can be the rear of a double head light engine move, or the rear of a top and tail.

Turn F0 off and turn F1 AND F2 on - parked up with reds at both ends.

All explained previously in the instructions for the 66

https://images.hattons.co.uk/mediaimages/General instructions - pdf.pdf

Edited by newbryford
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, newbryford said:

F0 controls the headlights/marker lights directionally with F0. (Headlight/marker light combo is selected by internal switches

F1 will control the reds at one end, F2 the other.

This means that you can quite happily turn the reds off when hauling a train - with F0 on and F1/F2 off.

Turn F0 off and F1 or F2 on and the loco can be the rear of a double head light engine move, or the rear of a top and tail.

Turn F0 off and turn F1 AND F2 on - parked up with reds at both ends.

All explained previously in the instructions for the 66

https://images.hattons.co.uk/mediaimages/General instructions - pdf.pdf

Sorry, wires crossed there as I thought you were on about the 90 in the post you quoted and thought "I aren't sure mine acts that way"!

Having read that manual I think first thing I would do is reprogram the decoder to make the lighting directional front and rear, with a function to switch each end off and then a parking function. That's how I have my Dapol 68s and Bachmann 221. Works very similar to how the Bachmann 90 works by default.

Edited by TomScrut

• RMweb Premium
7 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Sorry, wires crossed there as I thought you were on about the 90 in the post you quoted and thought "I aren't sure mine acts that way"!

Nope - this is the 66 thread and I'm discussing the 66.

Unlike some other model loco threads that have gone wildly off into the blue yonder...........................

• Funny 1

15 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Nope - this is the 66 thread and I'm discussing the 66.

Unlike some other model loco threads that have gone wildly off into the blue yonder...........................

I did edit my post to add some relevance in the meantime!

• RMweb Gold

I notice on the website all sound versions are showing as sold out.

That Jan 31st statement sounds very open ended. 
Based on that, recent health events in China, CNY ramp up times, how messy, easy to fix the problem is, and assuming they've already been made and were awaiting shipping already, that if thousands if 66’s need to be fixed, plus finally shipping times.

It would be nice to hear a date, but if it was only a short delays, then presumably that Jan 31st statement would have said so.

I would not be surprised if the 66’s did not show for a good number of months, maybe even late summer.

Edited by adb968008
  • Agree 2

16 hours ago, TomScrut said:

Cool will have a look at that and see what's new vs the V4 which all my locos have at the moment.

I suppose once we get factory sound ones coming through all will be clear, even if it means sweeping through the CV logic tables to see how it is programmed.

Or a simple statement from Hattons on how the cab lights are setup :)

As noted previously, my 6-function decoder runs all of the external lights fine, per the manual... just not the cab lights, again as per the manual's statement that they won't work with 6-function decoders.

If a 10-function decoder will work it would not be overly difficult for them to let us know (with comment on logic level vs full output functions required).

All in all though, a lovely model. Even if I have had to glue on an axle cap, and struggle with the steps when taking the body off to fit the decoder!!! :blink:

• RMweb Gold
On 07/02/2020 at 17:09, Steveh145 said:

Hi Dave, function 0 only turns on the top marker light, and according to the instructions all the switches are as they should be, this is the second loco I have had that has had this issue (same model), just double checked and 0 only turns top marker light on, functions 1/2 tail lights and 3/4 other marker lights? Not sure whether there is an issue with this batch of loco

regarding the lighting? When I sent this back last time I did state it in my covering letter, would you be able to confirm before I return this for an exchange if there is an issue or I have been unlucky?

regards 

Steve

Hi Steve, I have checked a couple of our locos and it looks like the marker light has been put on the same function as the headlight, this is different from the specification and what we had on other samples so we will be taking it up with our vendor to see if there is a fix to make it run as it should. This affects codes ending: 010, 017, 019, 024, 026, 029 and 030.

If the marker light is not working with the headlights then there will be a fault with your model, in  which case get in touch and we can replace it for you.

Regarding the cab lights. They run on Aux 7 & Aux 10 front and rear on our Loksound 5 project. For other decoders, they are fed from pins 2 & 1 and are a logic function, this should help you get them working on other decoders. 

Cheers, 

Dave

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi Edward,

We won't wait to release models. We are not going to hold any models back and will release them as we are able to.

We'll be sure to provide an update regarding delivery on all models as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Dave

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

1 minute ago, classy52 said:

Hi Dave,

With the DCC Sound Fitted Class 66's does sold out on pre-order mean that I've missed the boat on that factory sound fitted loco/livery or will they be available again once all the pre-orders have been fulfilled?

Cheers

Steve

I think I read somewhere that they could reshuffle stock but I might be wrong.

TBH I think they'd be mad not to sell the sound chip pre programmed on its own.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, TomScrut said:

I think I read somewhere that they could reshuffle stock but I might be wrong.

TBH I think they'd be mad not to sell the sound chip pre programmed on its own.

Personally I think they would be mad to close the order book on the sold out factory sound fitted liveries but let's wait & see what Dave comes back with on this.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, classy52 said:

Personally I think they would be mad to close the order book on the sold out factory sound fitted liveries but let's wait & see what Dave comes back with on this.

Well actually I have just cancelled my ONE sound 66 as I decided I'd rather have two non sound for what extra it costs so if that's the one you're after crack on it may be available on the site now. So got a Cemex Express on order too now. And going to put 10 function decoders in them to get the lighting functions.

I was umming and aaahing about which other one to order. Celeb wise it was Cemex or BR, but I also want a GBRF Europorte at some point but I think I'm more likely to be able to pick one of them up when I fancy rather than pre order.

22 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Well actually I have just cancelled my ONE sound 66 as I decided I'd rather have two non sound for what extra it costs so if that's the one you're after crack on it may be available on the site now. So got a Cemex Express on order too now. And going to put 10 function decoders in them to get the lighting functions.

I was umming and aaahing about which other one to order. Celeb wise it was Cemex or BR, but I also want a GBRF Europorte at some point but I think I'm more likely to be able to pick one of them up when I fancy rather than pre order.

I'm looking for an appropriate GBRf Class 66 to haul my Accurascale Castle Cement PCA wagons and the DRS 66301 'Kingmoor TMD' for mainly Intermodal & ballast workings.

GBRf 'The Flying Dustman' seems to be available with sound even though it says sold out but the pre-order button is still active, ideally I would like GBRf 66789 with sound but too be honest I'm in no rush thus can wait until later in the year to purchase but just wanted to know if these will still be available with factory fitted sound beyond the pre-orders.

Edited by classy52

59 minutes ago, classy52 said:

I'm looking for an appropriate GBRf Class 66 to haul my Accurascale Castle Cement PCA wagons and the DRS 66301 'Kingmoor TMD' for mainly Intermodal & ballast workings.

GBRf 'The Flying Dustman' seems to be available with sound even though it says sold out but the pre-order button is still active, ideally I would like GBRf 66789 with sound but too be honest I'm in no rush thus can wait until later in the year to purchase but just wanted to know if these will still be available with factory fitted sound beyond the pre-orders.

I want a FL one to pull HIAs and Intermodals either on its own or in the case of Intermodals with my 90. So I ordered the pink one given its livery links to Intermodal and I like the livery.

I was torn for the GBRF one between a celeb and a normal one. Between the 2 I have on order and the 2 I have they are all celebs. The Bachmann ones are Evening Star and Harry Beck, and then ONE for reasons explained earlier and Cemex I went for because I am hoping somebody brings out some Cemex wagons sooner or later. I think 789 looks great but I think the idea of a Cemex rake if somebody makes the wagons tipped me over that side.

Such as this: 

The Cemex Express - 66780

Which makes an awesome looking rake IMO

Edited by TomScrut