Class 66 in OO Gauge - New Announcement

Hattons Dave

As said above 66413 carries a lighter shade of orange compared to the other 4 repaints, the Hattons model of 66623 looks like it carries the original lighter shade of orange as per 66413, which would make in inaccurate, 66623 should be a much deeper shade of orange, however, im wondering if it maybe the camera changing things because as soon as 66587 came out the box I wasn't convinced, my initial thought was it looked more purple than pink. A friend has 'Pinky' (my nickname for it) on order so I will look forward to looking at it.

Given the detail of 66782 in Biffa livery with the silver around the cab windows i'll be surprised of the shade of orange and pink used on 66623 & 66582 is wrong.

Edited by GEARJAMMER
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Well that's a prototype for everything.  The real loco is painted the wrong colour. :)

It never ran in that colour.

Oh wait........

I'm confused. ;)

Oh thats a whale of another subject for the Ethels and other train heating Locos... The class 28 was Hattons.. TDB 968006 perhaps ?

if SLW were to do my username, it would be very confusing for me.. I’d have to figure out what colour I am and if I moved in that colour.

Edited by adb968008

5 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Well that's a prototype for everything.  The real loco is painted the wrong colour. :)

It never ran in that colour.

Oh wait........

I'm confused. ;)

The real loco is painted correctly for the spec' issued but not the one that should have been used, however when it appears on a model it will be correct!

• Informative/Useful 1

17 hours ago, Mark Saunders said:

The real loco is painted correctly for the spec' issued but not the one that should have been used, however when it appears on a model it will be correct!

In think that remains the story for the GB models that are being done, but think Hattons will be doing a uniform GB orange rather than actually match the different levels of orange or yellow to the loco.

• RMweb Gold
18 hours ago, Mark Saunders said:

How can you say with certainty that the model will be correct?  On the photos supplied so far it appears a million miles from correct. Thats why it needs clarification. I don’t have an issue with it being wrong. i just want to know so I can decide whether to order a different one. 

I am very much looking forward to receiving my Hattons 66s. I actually have 10 on order. That said any models which appear to have big inaccuracies will be changed to versions that don’t. Hattons have my full support with this fantastic project. 

Remember hattons use very bright artificial light to photograph their models. To me it makes it look very washed out and nothing like it will look with the model in front of you. 

This is a better Ide of the colour in their recent streams showing off production samples, specifically the freightliner example is from 6:30 in this video, 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Pre Grouping fan said:

Remember hattons use very bright artificial light to photograph their models. To me it makes it look very washed out and nothing like it will look with the model in front of you. 

This is a better Ide of the colour in their recent streams showing off production samples, specifically the freightliner example is from 6:30 in this video, 

it still looks way too light. 

32308C87-A6CA-4D7C-86F2-4FE06CB8F16A.png

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

We've received our next batch of Hattons Originals Class 66s and plan to add them to stock tomorrow morning.

We've still got some Digital Ready and Digital Fitted models available for pre-order, check out the link below for more details.

https://www.hattons.co.uk/newsdetail.aspx?id=766

Cheers

Dave

• Thanks 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, Hattons Dave said:

Hi all,

We've received our next batch of Hattons Originals Class 66s and plan to add them to stock tomorrow morning.

We've still got some Digital Ready and Digital Fitted models available for pre-order, check out the link below for more details.

Cheers

Dave

Do you hope to dispatch pre-orders prior to the closure of your dispatch operation announced earlier today?  just preparing my credit card for the hit it’s going to take :D

Edited by Dicky L

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Hattons Dave said:

Hi all,

Cheers

Dave

Slightly confused by the stock page list from your email link.

What is the difference between the column in bold and the column in light type? My ordered H4-66-018-S is in light type (with no clickable link) therefore I am assuming the one's in the right hand most column are not yet ready. I have noted your in-house digital service is in limbo but don't know if these are coming DCC & sound fitted from the factory in China.

No rush, I fully understand the issues, it will be here when it is here.

Edited by john new
Extra note added for clarity

4 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

That's only a 2nd run of H4-66-001 to H4-66-031.

It doesn't seem to include H4-66-032 (Flying Dustman) onwards.

If this is true, it will miss the last date before 'non-urgent deliveries lockdown'.

Al.

Gives them time to correct the orange on 66623 :-)

• Agree 1
  • Funny 3

2 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

That's only a 2nd run of H4-66-001 to H4-66-031.

It doesn't seem to include H4-66-032 (Flying Dustman) onwards.

If this is true, it will miss the last date before 'non-urgent deliveries lockdown'.

Al.

This must be the ramaining batch from before and the DCC sound versions of 001 to 031. Hattons have said they don't yet know of a delivery date for the rest. But they've  received the production samples of 032 onwards so it won't be for a month or so at least. 

• Thanks 1