Class 66 in OO Gauge - New Announcement

Hattons Dave

Trust me, get Hattons to fit the sound chip, or purchase the locomotive already fitted.

There's so much detailing you have to take care of, you WILL lose something!!

3 of the 4 under-cab steps pinged on mine, when removing the body ... apparently there is YT guidance on this somewhere.

Al.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
On 23/03/2020 at 17:11, john new said:

Slightly confused by the stock page list from your email link.

What is the difference between the column in bold and the column in light type? My ordered H4-66-018-S is in light type (with no clickable link) therefore I am assuming the one's in the right hand most column are not yet ready. I have noted your in-house digital service is in limbo but don't know if these are coming DCC & sound fitted from the factory in China.

No rush, I fully understand the issues, it will be here when it is here.

Just had the email to say my pre-ordered loco (66957) has been processed. so some (all?) of the sound equipped one's are now shipping out. 

Updated - now received. I will try to find/watch a few unpacking videos on YouTube I think before risking the box opening!

Thank you Hattons.

Edited by john new
Added an update
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, atom3624 said:

Trust me, get Hattons to fit the sound chip, or purchase the locomotive already fitted.

There's so much detailing you have to take care of, you WILL lose something!!

3 of the 4 under-cab steps pinged on mine, when removing the body ... apparently there is YT guidance on this somewhere.

Al.

That’s no longer possible, Hattons have suspended their fitting service until further notice. 

1 hour ago, Dicky L said:

That’s no longer possible, Hattons have suspended their fitting service until further notice. 

Is depends how much you want the loco before the lockdown is eased.

If it can wait a while, then I see no reason the service will not resume in time.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Freightliner 66593 with sound being delivered tomorrow, very much looking forward to it’s arrival. Hopefully get a video of it on the rollers and start the weathering (assuming it’s in one piece and fully functional).

• RMweb Premium

Does anyone know what the basis is for orders being fulfilled?  I placed mine for the GBRf large logo on Nov 9th and haven't heard a peep yet - just my luck that I miss the cut off date before everything shuts down at Hattons.... 

On 21/03/2020 at 15:12, chris37422 said:

66413 was painted in the incorrect shade of orange when it was released from Arriva Train Care at Crewe. I believe the Americans at the launch observed it was the wrong shade and ultimately corrected the specification for future repaints.

66623 was the first to receive the amended/correct shade when painted at Eastleigh.

There is definitely a difference between them.

Unrelated to sheds but the G+W livery has seen a couple of adjustments on the way to getting it how they want it. 90044 recently finished at Arriva has the corrected orange but with a subtle difference with the main logo on the bodyside so the logo stands out more against the orange.

HTH

From the video it certainly looks like it's the original 'incorrect' lighter orange - as was put on 66413 - that Hattons has used for its model of 66623, which in real life (as Chris says and photos show) is in the correct 'darker/stronger' orange.

Interestingly, as this photo shows, there are other differences in the application between the pair (and indeed their headlight styles, so you can't renumber 66623 to 66413 to make your model prototypically correct) - they are... Oh hang, on. You play spot the difference!

D47CkAAW0AA77VW.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

If you log in to your Hattons account you can check the order

Yep, i'm aware of that, my question is whether anyone is aware of the order in which the orders are being fulfilled.  Probably one for Hattons Dave who is almost certainly up to his eyes in other more important stuff right now though!

2 minutes ago, Mooresby said:

Yep, i'm aware of that, my question is whether anyone is aware of the order in which the orders are being fulfilled.  Probably one for Hattons Dave who is almost certainly up to his eyes in other more important stuff right now though!

I've just done that, and it says my order has not been despatched. So, if you're not happy about the colours on 66623, you can simply cancel your order, online now!

Hi

Regarding the speaker not sounding right. I had the same issue on my

66 005.

CV63 is the volume and I found it was set at 192!!! So I reduced it to 66 (which seemed like an appropriate numbered value!) And it now works great. 

My sound was distorting because of the high original value.

Hope you can adjust yours.

Regards

Tim

• Informative/Useful 2

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Mooresby said:

My large logo Cl.68 was ordered on May 16, 2018 and was processed yesterday so I would assume that they are processing by order date.

One thing to check would be to ensure that the credit card used for your transaction is still in date. I would have got mine today if I had renewed my card  as it expired end of February. Updated the details yesterday, they took payment this morning at 09:00, picked and packed the item 14:49 ready for delivery.

Bearing in mind what's going on in the big world at the moment, I think that Hattons are working flat out and deserve a thankyou... was going to say "pat on the back" put don't think that would be appropriate at this time.

Keith

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Mooresby said:

I would expect all staff to be packing 66's for dispatch as fast as possible right now.

These are now about a year behind schedule & Hattons will really want to exchange all their models for our money as soon as possible.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, pinzaboy said:

Hi

Regarding the speaker not sounding right. I had the same issue on my

66 005.

CV63 is the volume and I found it was set at 192!!! So I reduced it to 66 (which seemed like an appropriate numbered value!) And it now works great. 

My sound was distorting because of the high original value.

Hope you can adjust yours.

Regards

Tim

Hi Tim, I did reduce the speaker from 180 to 110, when I get home will reduce the volume further, thanks for your advice.

• RMweb Gold

Got my sound 66005 today and boy is it loud! The sound is brilliant although I will have to adjust the volume to maintain matrimonial bliss given our current self-isolation. Middle son was very impressed and I am expecting a request for him to spend some of his money getting his own now.

As a loco it is not quite perfect - three axle box covers fell off running it in on the rolling road, the cab handrail at one end seems not to have been attached at most of its points, one of the underframe boxes was hanging off (simply pushed back on) and it has three marks where it appears that the paint has been touched up - two on the main EWS red body and one on the black fuel-tank. A bit disappointing for something costing as much as it did, but nothing that I cannot either repair or live with. There was also several glue type marks on the body, but these rubbed off so I am not quite sure what they were.

It may have a slight wobble, the rolling road sometime shows wobbles that aren't there so I will get it on a test track tomorrow and give it a proper run out to see.

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge
Typo
  • Informative/Useful 2

My 66789 arrived today and I have only run it up and down a yard of track but it seems superb.

I like the cab lighting and it does sound great.

Wish I had ordered an EWS and green freightliner now.

Baz