Class 66 in OO Gauge - New Announcement

Hattons Dave

• RMweb Gold
On 22/06/2020 at 14:35, Hattons Dave said:

Hi all,

We’re about to receive the second batch of our Class 66s, H4-66-032 to H4-66037 inclusive. As well as full quality control at the factory, these will be QC tested by staff at our hub prior to processing pre-orders and the models going onto general sale. You can pre-order your loco now at the link below:

I hope that helps clear a few things up,

Cheers,

Dave

Thanks Dave curious to know if these QC checks will be undertaken on the shop stock in house now, am tempted by an EWS version but don’t feel I can order in confidence currently. I know I can send it back if faulty but would rather not have the hassle.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the update Dave.

Whilst I am not bothered that the models will be a while longer yet I am intrigued as to the reasoning.

I don’t think it good business practice to advertise every little delay and hiccup along the way. The but to that is you must give a decent reason when something that was minutes away is all of a sudden 6 months away, very strange.

It could be a dropped container, scuttled ship, lorry crash, fire, who knows. I do think it best to say (broad brush, not specific) though. If you have an inquisitive mind like me you will come to all sorts of conclusions and as no money is taken in advance you could end up with many a cancelled order.

I am a firm believer that knowledge is power.

• Agree 3

4 hours ago, big jim said:

Everyone is reading too much into this, quite simply it was a bit warm today and someone has opened the container to discover the models have all melted!

69BAD6DB-89F1-4F9C-B575-6B4F8A010E43.jpeg.f53f858110caaf552497d6b00635b272.jpeg

Your just ducking and diving Big Jim !!

Perhaps, as you say it's just a meltdown......

It'll all work out in the end....

And we'll all be happy !

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, TomScrut said:

Not necessarily. They could have been slightly delayed and being air freighted for example? Could be an issue at factory, dropped container at dock, all sorts of things. What would be in it for somebody to say what Dave said on Monday to then go back on it today IF he had known..... It would have been today's news on Monday if he had known then surely?!

Whilst it's speculation on my part, I think the LNER 800 could have been one of those. Was postponed at the last minute last year, then the TPE 802 is mentioned in the 2020 catalogue but isn't in there suggests it may have had it's build slot taken.

Er the 800/802 is Hornby and not Bachmann.

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

“ rejected consignment “. Conjecture , but I can’t think of much else at this point in the process.

Containers have been known to get lost enroute, offloaded at wrong port or overboard (many a day, 10,000 a year). Who knows, the resaon makes little difference. 

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Er the 800/802 is Hornby and not Bachmann.

Err I didn't say it was Bachmann. When I said "one of those" I meant an example of something potentially getting rejected not specifically by Bachmann.

I have 2 on order, I know who makes them...

4 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Containers have been known to get lost enroute, offloaded at wrong port or overboard (many a day, 10,000 a year). Who knows, the resaon makes little difference. 

Roy

Somalian pirates are maybe into a bit of OO gauge.

In all seriousness I hope that's not what has happened!

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, big jim said:

Everyone is reading too much into this, 

I aren't either. (I am not having a go at someone's incessant use of I aren't)

• Like 2
  • Funny 9

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, TomScrut said:

Not necessarily. They could have been slightly delayed and being air freighted for example? Could be an issue at factory, dropped container at dock, all sorts of things. What would be in it for somebody to say what Dave said on Monday to then go back on it today IF he had known..... It would have been today's news on Monday if he had known then surely?!

Whilst it's speculation on my part, I think the *Hornby* LNER 800 could have been one of those. Was postponed at the last minute last year, then the TPE 802 is mentioned in the 2020 catalogue but isn't in there suggests it may have had it's build slot taken.

9 hours ago, TomScrut said:

Err I didn't say it was Bachmann. When I said "one of those" I meant an example of something potentially getting rejected not specifically by Bachmann.

I have 2 on order, I know who makes them...

Indeed and I note you have since amended your post accordingly to make your meaning clearer.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Hattons Dave said:

Hi all,

The latest release of Class 66s (H4-66-032 to H4-66-037 inclusive) have encountered an unavoidable delay. We’re currently taking action on this and the models will now be released during Late 2020. Once I have more info on the date I’ll share it here but the latest info is always on our website too:

Hattons Originals OO Gauge Class 66

Cheers,

Dave

Hi Dave

Please would it be possible to tell us what has caused the sudden delay? It might at least put an end to the speculation and contribute to the openness on this project and restore some confidence?

Strange as it may seem, given some of the extreme vitriol on this thread, there is a lot of goodwill towards Hattons and this project, and the vast majority of us are on your side!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, Mel_H said:

Hi Dave

Please would it be possible to tell us what has caused the sudden delay? It might at least put an end to the speculation and contribute to the openness on this project and restore some confidence?

Strange as it may seem, given some of the extreme vitriol on this thread, there is a lot of goodwill towards Hattons and this project, and the vast majority of us are on your side!

TBH, I don't think in the long term it is the problem that matters, its how the problem gets sorted that really matters,and that will either lead to criticism or praise! 

Best Regards,

C.

• Agree 1

On 22/06/2020 at 09:17, pheaton said:

I would have thought if it was a Heljan model the tell tale sign would be a Buhler motor....AFAIK only Heljan use these?

A good brand. Do they have the logo printed or cast on the metal motor case?

512x512bb.jpg

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, Class 158 productions said:

Rather interesting, don’t particularly like the ‘Heljan stereotype’ but it could maybe be an answer to the poor quality? However I doubt it was the manufacturers fault, maybe just the factory not following instructions? Purely speculative  

Sorry but you’re straying into making observations that could be construed as damaging.Enough blood has already been spilled on the Class 45 Heljan thread without it spreading here. Effectively you are calling a manufacturer’s reputation into question. Being speculative sometimes causes unforeseen harm.

• Agree 4

7 minutes ago, Ian Hargrave said:

Sorry but you’re straying into making observations that could be construed as damaging.Enough blood has already been spilled on the Class 45 Heljan thread without it spreading here. Effectively you are calling a manufacturer’s reputation into question. Being speculative sometimes causes unforeseen harm.

Especially given the rumour of it being one of their models was answered directly by Dave as "no".

• Agree 2

On 24/06/2020 at 15:44, charliepetty said:

I have just fitted on, tight & fiddly re the wires.  No that bad I thought!!   

Charlie-dckits-Legomanbiffo

I put Bif's sound (from Charlie) into two of my 66 - there was no need to cut wires and everything fitted well and easily. Lovely sound, lovely loco, well happy.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

There was a song by the great 1960s band Cream called ‘Born under a bad sign’, written by the Chicago blues man Albert King.

It goes....’If it wasn’t for bad luck, I wouldn’t have no luck at all’.
I am sure that is how Hattons are feeling at present? 

• Like 3