Class 66 in OO Gauge - New Announcement

Hattons Dave

9 minutes ago, truffy said:

I'm aware of that concept. Rarely seen it put into action though.

I have occasionally seen 4 or 5 locos running together.

45637 Windward Islands was on the same train as 46202 Princess Anne when they were destroyed at Harrow in 1952. It was only there as a stock move.

• RMweb Gold
15 hours ago, adb968008 said:

That’s quite a lot of traction to move a single 66 ?

is the 66 unbraked or something ?

Or one loco to move a 66 and two 73s?

Edit: Also, if the 66 was unbraked it would not be permitted to be at the rear of the train. 

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge

• RMweb Gold
On 01/07/2020 at 10:01, Pete the Elaner said:

It makes sense to move as much as possible with 1 path rather than send things individually.

It would, Except the same 3 x 73’s went LE to Peterborough in order to bring it back.

Outward... Tonbridge to Peterborough

73212+73136+73107+66740

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/34450/2020-06-30/detailed

Return.. Peterborough to Tonbridge

73107+73136+73212+66792

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/34579/2020-06-30/detailed

Only 73141 took 66792 to Eastleigh today... so my question still stands, braking was obviously eliminated as the reason.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, daz9284 said:

we are going off topic. but the 73's had not moved in ages and were sent with the 66 for a run out

I think the driver was too.

lots of horns, and for enthusiasts too, I think some,myself included, hadnt been out for a while.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium
12 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Nice to see they have a resale value,theres a sound Harry Patch 43 to by the same seller,perhaps hard times through the present situation.

Yet a non-sound 66957 is still in stock at Hattons and can be fitted with Biffo sound for far less than £370 total.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, newbryford said:

Yet a non-sound 66957 is still in stock at Hattons and can be fitted with Biffo sound for far less than £370 total.

Whilst I aren't exactly calling foul play here as sometimes things just get carried away on eBay, there does seem to be plenty of activity on eBay where things go for silly prices and then are relisted the next day as if there is some bidding up or something taking place.

I did also have somebody tell me "I put a massive bid on to make sure I won them but I can't afford it" when selling some speakers once. Not sure how they thought auctions work and the obligations around the final value!

On 01/07/2020 at 19:31, adb968008 said:

It would, Except the same 3 x 73’s went LE to Peterborough in order to bring it back.

Outward... Tonbridge to Peterborough

73212+73136+73107+66740

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/34450/2020-06-30/detailed

Return.. Peterborough to Tonbridge

73107+73136+73212+66792

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/train/34579/2020-06-30/detailed

Only 73141 took 66792 to Eastleigh today... so my question still stands, braking was obviously eliminated as the reason.

8F970664-AC15-4B69-84D5-C9E0693A53CC.png

E3715A19-385E-4D63-B964-6B5B5E23B2A6.png

43335EE1-1BB6-406F-8E9C-24A86E434506.jpeg

7DE3327B-2270-42D0-AEE5-7DABFCD2B1F9.jpeg

My guess would be that the locomotive does not have UK signalling systems installed, or possibly working - AWS and/or TPWS as loco now used abroad.  Likewise, it its had mods for use in Europe, would it technically be a unit that any UK drivers signed etc..  So possibly much more efficient to drag it for a one -off move.

Regards,

C.

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

That rush rail livery looks like it was designed....on a Friday.....by someone with a hangover !

It’s faded to what it was in Sweden, it was a burning flame effect on the writing, the flames.

Quite of lot of bits have been removed, from the roof, front, including snow ploughs, roof mounted horns and hand rails etc.

• Informative/Useful 1

2 hours ago, dogbox321 said:

My guess would be that the locomotive does not have UK signalling systems installed, or possibly working - AWS and/or TPWS as loco now used abroad.  Likewise, it its had mods for use in Europe, would it technically be a unit that any UK drivers signed etc..  So possibly much more efficient to drag it for a one -off move.

Regards,

C.

I'm pretty sure it has had all works for UK use carried out at Longport over the past year. GBRf drivers will sign it because they use 66747-66751 which are ex euro spec.

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, daz9284 said:

I'm pretty sure it has had all works for UK use carried out at Longport over the past year. GBRf drivers will sign it because they use 66747-66751 which are ex euro spec.

I think most of the essential the work has been done at longport, it’s probably something as simple as it doesn’t have yellow ends!

when I dropped it off in longport I had to run round in Alsager loop and got in the cab to discover things I’d never seen before on a uk loco, the strangest thing being the loco brake (straight air) lever was the opposite way round to normal, normally pushing the lever away from you applies it, Whereas this one applies it when pulled towards you! 

that will have been turned round to match the others no doubt or it would be a recipe for disaster with the possibility of the brake being left on when being dragged 

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

13 hours ago, big jim said:

I think most of the essential the work has been done at longport, it’s probably something as simple as it doesn’t have yellow ends!

when I dropped it off in longport I had to run round in Alsager loop and got in the cab to discover things I’d never seen before on a uk loco, the strangest thing being the loco brake (straight air) lever was the opposite way round to normal, normally pushing the lever away from you applies it, Whereas this one applies it when pulled towards you! 

that will have been turned round to match the others no doubt or it would be a recipe for disaster with the possibility of the brake being left on when being dragged 

I did think of the yellow end, then thought it may have had the new light clusters fitted so it doesn't need a yellow end.

that is strange regarding the straight air brake.

14 hours ago, big jim said:

Iike an aircraft , they should really have a “ differences “ course between marks of the same model .

• RMweb Gold

I don’t want to trawl through all the replies, so I’ll apologise in advance.  If I buy a standard model, can I buy the sound chip that Hatton’s have installed in their models or use somebody else’s?

24 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

I don’t want to trawl through all the replies, so I’ll apologise in advance.  If I buy a standard model, can I buy the sound chip that Hatton’s have installed in their models or use somebody else’s?

DC Kits sell the chip with the sound file Hattons use IIRC.

Or you can use somebody else's file but you'd need to program some CVs to make the most of the lighting.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

Yes. 

43 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

I bought my chip and speaker off Roads and Rails. Worked out slightly cheaper than DC kits. Not yet had a chance to try it yet as the model it was intended for (Cemex) got delayed with the second set of liveries just after I bought it. 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 06/07/2020 at 19:42, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

https://www.dckits-devideos.co.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=253_68&product_id=1639

Heres the link to DCkits, Charlie will sort you with the genuine item and speaker,£122.50 i think.

£140 if you want the EM2 that’s fitted in the Hattons Factory Sound fitted versions. Anything else would seem totally inept by comparison. 

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Dicky L said:

£140 if you want the EM2 that’s fitted in the Hattons Factory Sound fitted versions. Anything else would seem totally inept by comparison. 

What ERIC linked to is what Hattons fit in the factory because DC kits/Legomanbiffo supplied the sound/files and speaker to Hattons so you getting exactly the same thing you get from the factory. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Pre Grouping fan said:

What ERIC linked to is what Hattons fit in the factory because DC kits/Legomanbiffo supplied the sound/files and speaker to Hattons so you getting exactly the same thing you get from the factory. 

yes but it's £140 and not £122.50.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
39 minutes ago, daz9284 said:

yes but it's £140 and not £122.50.

that’s what i was pointing out. you have to upgrade to the EM2 speaker on the DC Kits site to get exactly the same sound setup as Hattons. 

• Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1