Class 66 in OO Gauge - New Announcement

Hattons Dave

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Any one had one of these then in there mail........

Hello

This is an email to let you know that the following item has been cancelled from production, and, as you requested an email notification of its arrival, thought you would like to know that it is not now expected to be released.

Hattons Originals H4-66-032-S, which you can see at http://www.hattons.co.uk/stockdetail.aspx?SID=383383

We are unsure of the specific reason for the cancellation, and will try to keep its descriptive text updated to provide any information which the manufacturer releases. You will remain signed-up for notification – so if it is reinstated and delivered then you will receive a notification.

We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

Regards

Hatton's Model Railways
17 Montague Road
Widnes
WA8 8FZ
0151 733 3655

But there is 8 in stock according to that link...

Roy

• Agree 3

5 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Hello

This is an email to let you know that the following item has been cancelled from production, and, as you requested an email notification of its arrival, thought you would like to know that it is not now expected to be released.

Hattons Originals H4-66-032-S, which you can see at http://www.hattons.co.uk/stockdetail.aspx?SID=383383

We are unsure of the specific reason for the cancellation, and will try to keep its descriptive text updated to provide any information which the manufacturer releases. You will remain signed-up for notification – so if it is reinstated and delivered then you will receive a notification.

Regards

Hatton's Model Railways
17 Montague Road
Widnes
WA8 8FZ
0151 733 3655

You may have been spammed thus check the email address for anything looking untoward, I'm on Hattons mailing list & never received this email.

18 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

I have it,all of my Hattons 66 ones have been delivered,and i get more mail from Hattons than my kids......

It reads production has been cancelled??

:lol:

Well it's probably that they have made them all and they are telling people there won't be any more.

Seems strange nonetheless

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Hello

Regards

Hatton's Model Railways
17 Montague Road
Widnes
WA8 8FZ
0151 733 3655

It seems even odder given that model is shown as in stock.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Hello

Regards

Hatton's Model Railways
17 Montague Road
Widnes
WA8 8FZ
0151 733 3655

It seems even odder given that model is shown as in stock.

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, SouthernMafia said:

20201002_112923.jpg.752a57661ffc09a1d20bf47c77354154.jpg

This is a bit cheeky, great to look at and if you get a good one then great, but sort your QC out and engage with us about what you're doing to fix it, how can it be "the best" with all the problems?

In fairness I think it's the only brand new tooling release I am going to have this year. Having said that, I do have 4 of them....

Seems ridiculous that if I vote that's the only one I can vote for with first hand experience when next year there will be a few to choose from!

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
On 30/09/2020 at 19:20, TomScrut said:

:lol:

Well it's probably that they have made them all and they are telling people there won't be any more.

Seems strange nonetheless

Well maybe, but their statement 

"We are unsure of the specific reason for the cancellation, and will try to keep its descriptive text updated to provide any information which the manufacturer releases. You will remain signed-up for notification – so if it is reinstated and delivered then you will receive a notification" 

reads like the manufacturer has stopped making them for some reason Hattons don't know.

• Friendly/supportive 1

26 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

I believe the Murphy Models CIE/Irish Rail121 class locomotive also has rotating axleboxes.  Does anyone know if their design differs from the Hattons 66 and if so in what way?

I asked about those in their specific thread on how the rotating AB's were implemented but nobody responded, maybe they just didn't want to go there?

2 hours ago, SouthernMafia said:

20201002_112923.jpg.752a57661ffc09a1d20bf47c77354154.jpg

This is a bit cheeky, great to look at and if you get a good one then great, but sort your QC out and engage with us about what you're doing to fix it, how can it be "the best" with all the problems?

Yes very cheeky! Obviously there’s not a category for Best Locomotive Kit?! Or worst QC and customer communication! 

Edited by Global
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Fixed properly it runs great,it looks the part and pulls and sounds the mutts nuts with the full package,since this is Hattons thread you would think there would be the odd comment other than buy our products on you tube,if i was not up to reaxleing these i would still buy them over the Bachmann one as its way beyond that.If you cannot remove the axle box cap and shorten it ,pop it back with a dot of glue then you should not have electric trains,some of the stuff on these is way out of proportion. Its a good model that can be made great with a little work.

• Agree 7

23 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Fixed properly it runs great,it looks the part and pulls and sounds the mutts nuts with the full package,since this is Hattons thread you would think there would be the odd comment other than buy our products on you tube,if i was not up to reaxleing these i would still buy them over the Bachmann one as its way beyond that.If you cannot ,pop it remove the axle box cap and shorten itback with a dot of glue then you should not have electric trains,some of the stuff on these is way out of proportion. Its a good model that can be made great with a little work.

So basically what your saying is that for instance IF I had an Arthritic condition or Nerve damage in my hands and I wasn't able to "remove, shorten and refit" that I should not have Model Electric Trains?  I suffer with a compressed Nerve in my spine so does that mean I shouldn't ride my BIke or Drive my Car? Or maybe because I can't cook I shouldn't eat food? Or maybe because I suffer from Dyslexia, I shouldn't try Writing? 

What utter rubbish. Quotes like that are completely unnecessary and are offensive as not everyone has the ability to do such things but would like to.  Yes as "Modellers" some of us do have the ability to fix things ourselves and to be honest it feels like we take this ability for granted. I've lost count the amount of times I have fixed a Bike for someone as they couldn't but I would never say to them " you shouldn't be riding it if you cant fix it yourself" This kind of attitude or argument serves no purpose.  My 6 year old has broken a few things so next time it happens shall I tell him the same?

Cheers Trailrage

Edited by TRAILRAGE
filth flarn filth
  • Like 1
  • Agree 6
  • Friendly/supportive 5

• RMweb Premium
On 30/09/2020 at 18:23, Roy Langridge said:

But there is 8 in stock according to that link...

Roy

I note that on some versions it says ‘pre-order sold out’ but then says e.g. ‘2 in stock’.  The pre-order statement seems irrelevant.  Is it that the stock items are previous sales returned - in that case have they been defect resolved?

We’ve gone round in a circle with this model many times .

My conclusion is -— 

there are those that are willing to completely reengineer the design to get the ultimate shed including glueing , milling , lathing to get a top shed .

And those like me that say “ xxxx that - should have been sorted at the design stage “. But now the wall of silence is more worrying than the faults . Ignore them and try and get votes for model of the year.

I want a hattons YOB crane when it comes out . I’ll be watching the reviews carefully first 

• Like 1
  • Agree 6
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
On 02/10/2020 at 11:55, Colin_McLeod said:

I believe the Murphy Models CIE/Irish Rail121 class locomotive also has rotating axleboxes.  Does anyone know if their design differs from the Hattons 66 and if so in what way?

On 02/10/2020 at 12:24, classy52 said:

I asked about those in their specific thread on how the rotating AB's were implemented but nobody responded, maybe they just didn't want to go there?

My 121 has now arrived so I'll take a close look during the week.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 70000 Britannia said:

I note that on some versions it says ‘pre-order sold out’ but then says e.g. ‘2 in stock’.  The pre-order statement seems irrelevant.  Is it that the stock items are previous sales returned - in that case have they been defect resolved?

On 24/09/2020 at 12:48, classy52 said:

If anyone is considering buying the DCC Sound fitted Class 66 variants which are now available to purchase I have been advised by Hattons when I spoke to them they are not customer returns, just thought this may be useful info in case you were in two minds about it.

On 24/09/2020 at 13:48, classy52 said:

No idea, but I was informed the DCC Sound versions currently available are either cancelled pre-orders or straight from the factory and reiterate they are not customer returns or retro-fitted.

Fyi...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

All of the above is self-explanatory - either x number were freed up by cancelled orders from batch one (hence are now available to sell) or they have received a second batch of new build.

Logically why would Hattons still allow you to pre-order something that is now available for immediate delivery? Possibly the only way around keeping a pre-orders option on the system for processing future batches is mark it sold out.

• RMweb Gold
On 04/10/2020 at 09:26, Colin_McLeod said:

My 121 has now arrived so I'll take a close look during the week.

Here are pictures of the rotating axle boxes on the Murphy Models CIE/Irish Rail 121 class.  They appear to be a plastic extension to the metal axle but I can't see exactly how they are attached. The plastic extension is a sloppy fit in the hole in the bogie side frame so there is no issue of the axle boxes causing the loco to run untrue.  I am a believer that if something is not broken, then don't fix it so  have refrained from dismantling the loco to see more. 

20201005_104744.jpg

20201005_102955.jpg

Edited by Colin_McLeod
Added photographs
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 7

• RMweb Gold
20 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Here are pictures of the rotating axle boxes on the Murphy Models CIE/Irish Rail 121 class.  They appear to be a plastic extension to the metal axle but I can't see exactly how they are attached. The plastic extension is a sloppy fit in the hole in the bogie side frame so there is no issue of the axle boxes causing the loco to run untrue.  I am a believer that if something is not broken, then don't fix it so  have refrained from dismantling the loco to see more. 

20201005_104744.jpg

20201005_102955.jpg

Looks to be a similar concept but with a bigger diameter and, as you say the hole in the frame is bigger, no rubbing issues. All in all, it suggests a redesign of the Hattons 66 could be quite simple and limited in impact.

Roy

• Agree 3