Class 66 in OO Gauge - New Announcement

Hattons Dave

2 hours ago, classy52 said:

Well wouldn't you know it, just purchased my first ever Hattons Class 66 being a pre-owned 66780 GBRf/Cemex livery "The Cemex Express" for a princely sum of just £100, DCC Ready and advertised with just a slight wobble.

Now that's what I call a bargain!...I'll worry about sound fitment sometime in the future and just may sniff around the pre-owned section from now on for a bargain 66 as long as they don't get advertised with glue marks.

Glad you also purchased a class 66. They are good models that can be an excellent model with a wee bit of work. Have a close look at the ones with 'glue marks' around the grills I have myself and haven't been able to see any marks. Good Luck with it.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

I’m not particularly bothered a small amount of glue as I feel that it can “weathered” away or a minor amount of surface rust, especially around nameplates and grills.

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, classy52 said:

Well wouldn't you know it, just purchased my first ever Hattons Class 66 being a pre-owned 66780 GBRf/Cemex livery "The Cemex Express" for a princely sum of just £100, DCC Ready and advertised with just a slight wobble.

Now that's what I call a bargain!...I'll worry about sound fitment sometime in the future and just may sniff around the pre-owned section from now on for a bargain 66 as long as they don't get advertised with glue marks.

Brave man. Let’s hope it’s not like a three legged camel 

Edited by rob D2
  • Funny 1

8 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

I’m not particularly bothered a small amount of glue as I feel that it can “weathered” away or a minor amount of surface rust, especially around nameplates and grills.

Yeah I'm considering getting another for about 100 quid with glue marks if one pops up with a livery I want.

You're right it can be masked with weathering and as I'm getting into Star Wars Legion gaming with my son which requires intricate painting & weathering then yeah I will give it a go in the future.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

Brave man. Let’s hope it’s not like a three legged camel 

Lol yes but I'm not going to complain since I only paid £100 for a loco that apparently only has a slight wobble and no mention of anything else, will post a condition report after I get it.

5 minutes ago, classy52 said:

Lol yes but I'm not going to complain since I only paid £100 for a loco that apparently only has a slight wobble and no mention of anything else, will post a condition report after I get it.

Haha. Define “ slight “..

• RMweb Gold

I’m wondering if Hatton’s Class 66, 66783 “The Flying Dustman” have not only done the primer around the cab windows, but the spotlight on the cab fronts from it’s time when it was part of the Lickey banker pool.

I’ve attached some pictures I took of 66783 back in 2019 with the spotlight still attached.

DSC_0202.JPG

DSC_0201.JPG

Edited by jools1959
Pictures failed to attach

2 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

I’m wondering if Hatton’s Class 66, 66783 “The Flying Dustman” have not only done the primer around the cab windows, but the spotlight on the cab fronts from it’s time when it was part of the Lickey banker pool.

I’ve attached some pictures I took of 66783 back in 2019 with the spotlight still attached.

I’d very much doubt it on both fronts 

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

19 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

I’d very much doubt it on both fronts 

Hattons have done 66783 with the white primer around the cab windows but not the spotlight.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Firstly, I think Hattons deserve praise with my loco delivery which was ordered yesterday & delivered this morning thus literally next day delivery for £4...wasn't expecting it so soon thus great service and packaging!

Now onto the 66 66780 'The Cemex Express', one which I really wanted alongside 66789 (don't have it yet) and well what can I say but having one in the flesh for the first time is very different to looking at people's photos or videos and this Class 66 is actually something special, everything about it so really hope Hattons do a second run with other different  liveries/numbers and fix the main issues that have been highlighted by customers.

The box & packaging is spot on and came with an unopened detailing pack and no bits had fallen off thus loco came intact, on closer inspection there isn't a single glue mark or blemish on the entire body including the bogies with all AB's present and rotating, the only flaws is one stuck buffer (quite common even on new models) and a bit of flakey white paint off a couple of the handrails which can be easily touched up but too be honest hardly noticeable and that's about it.

Now to the running, I currently don't have a layout but just a rolling road & a bit of track thus yes it did slightly wobble on the rolling road but I find all my loco's do that on the DCC Concepts road thus I don't think this would be a good indicator but I did put the loco onto a bit of track and ran it and again the wobble is very slight and on a proper layout I don't think anyone would notice it.

Have a look at the pictures below, remember this is a £100 Class 66 and I am absolutely chuffed in getting this one and yes perhaps I was lucky.

20201014_125302_HDR.jpg

20201014_125328_HDR.jpg

20201014_115856_HDR.jpg

20201014_115942_HDR.jpg

20201014_115729_HDR.jpg

20201014_120050_HDR.jpg

Edited by classy52
  • Like 8
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 1

47 minutes ago, classy52 said:

Firstly, I think Hattons deserve praise with my loco delivery which was ordered yesterday & delivered this morning thus literally next day delivery for £4...wasn't expecting it so soon thus great service and packaging!

Now onto the 66 66780 'The Cemex Express', one which I really wanted alongside 66789 (don't have it yet) and well what can I say but having one in the flesh for the first time is very different to looking at people's photos or videos and this Class 66 is actually something special, everything about it so really hope Hattons do a second run with other different  liveries/numbers and fix the main issues that have been highlighted by customers.

The box & packaging is spot on and came with an unopened detailing pack and no bits had fallen off thus loco came intact, on closer inspection there isn't a single glue mark or blemish on the entire body including the bogies with all AB's present and rotating, the only flaws is one stuck buffer (quite common even on new models) and a bit of flakey white paint off a couple of the handrails which can be easily touched up but too be honest hardly noticeable and that's about it.

Now to the running, I currently don't have a layout but just a rolling road & a bit of track thus yes it did slightly wobble on the rolling road but I find all my loco's do that on the DCC Concepts road thus I don't think this would be a good indicator but I did put the loco onto a bit of track and ran it and again the wobble is very slight and on a proper layout I don't think anyone would notice it.

Have a look at the pictures below, remember this is a £100 Class 66 and I am absolutely chuffed in getting this one and yes perhaps I was lucky.

20201014_125302_HDR.jpg

20201014_125328_HDR.jpg

20201014_115856_HDR.jpg

20201014_115942_HDR.jpg

20201014_115729_HDR.jpg

20201014_120050_HDR.jpg

Believe it or not I had that one in my basket at 6am on Tuesday morning but bottled it!  Looks great. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NIRCLASS80 said:

Easy, there was only one Cemex listed in the pre owned section!

I've already stated my scepticism regarding Hatton's advertising of the 'damaged' loco's as they only claim to have 1 of each - and they're still showing 1 of the Cemex 66780 - with more than 10 'perfect' examples of the same model

Edited by bartram108
Update

23 hours ago, classy52 said:

How did you get it for £100 - I've not seen anything less than £125

I've just brought two of the returns. Both FL examples.  DCC Ready @£100 and DCC Fitted @£115.  I'll report back on condition for others.  Looks like a daily occurrence of uploaded models, with a small handful of them around £100.  Will see how this goes. 

Cheers

Bryn 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, classy52 said:

Now onto the 66 66780 'The Cemex Express'... and well what can I say but having one in the flesh for the first time is very different to looking at people's photos or videos and this Class 66 is actually something special.

Some of us having been saying similar since last December...  only to be beaten down in flames... <_<

Something about 'humble pie', perhaps...?    :rolleyes:

Anyway, pleased for you that you finally have one of your own and are seemingly happy with it.

Al

Edited by YesTor
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1