Class 66 in OO Gauge - New Announcement

Hattons Dave

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, scottrains29 said:

I bought one just before it looked like it was about to sell out earlier this year. They then replenished it.

I'm holding off buying the second one to; a) spread out my 66 purchases over a longer period, and b) see if any cheap second hand ones appear.

Once the numbers dwindle I'll then buy one. Risky I know. This could explain the apparent popularity of one over the other.

Yes,im doing the same,i have 746 with sound but will wait for 743 as theres 171 still in stock.................

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, scottrains29 said:

I bought one just before it looked like it was about to sell out earlier. They then replenished it.

I'm holding off buying the second one to; a) spread out my 66 purchases over a longer period, and b) see if any cheap second hand ones appear.

Once the numbers dwindle I'll then buy one. Risky I know. This could explain the apparent popularity of one over the other.

I bought 746 when there was less than 10 remaining in stock too. Then suddenly more than 10 in stock appeared. 743 doesn’t seem Gone to less than 10 in stock so it’s definitely weird how one is selling better than the other identical, save for the number, loco. 

• RMweb Gold

It seems that stock levels seem to be quite fluid because there can be 10+ of a certain model in stock, then all of a sudden their all gone.  I was after their ECR 66218 which was shown as 10+ in stock and a few weeks later, I went order one, all gone.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

It's probably a tactic - if stock shows as loads available people may think "I'll wait a bit" but if it shows as only a small number they are more likely to think "I'd best buy it now before it's too late".

• Agree 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

"a few weeks later"  is hardly "all of a sudden" in fairness. ;)

Maybe one will turn up with your name on it.

Totally agree but every time I went to purchase one, something else unexpectedly needed paying for but every time I checked, there was 10+ in stock.  Hopefully they’ll find a few more on a dusty shelf, blow the cobwebs off and list them.

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

The next to hit the buffers are 746 scotsman at 12 and Cemex at 15 left for new items,GBRF 727 is at 52 and 731 at 81them being the last of the first issue range to be buyable new.I guess they will dwindle more now as choice is less.

743 scotsman is at 170 and 623 orange is at 167 with 587 pink at 52 to go at.

Edited by ERIC ALLTORQUE
  • Like 1

I know the subject of axle bearings is so last year, but I have recently been working on a Roco EMD J26CW/AC from about 2003 and thought the bearing arrangement may be of some interest to some although I realise most of you will have sorted the problem by now.

319 axleboxes.jpg

319 bogie.jpg

(Edit for presentation)

Edited by ellocoloco
  • Like 3
  • Informative/Useful 4
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

I need three, EWS, EWS/DB and DBC and I'm hoping Hatton's are kind enough to do another batch with all issues sorted.  They must be pretty good as they don't seem to appear second hand very often.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, martin_l_jones said:

I wonder who's purchased the most, I've got six !! :o

G&W, Biffa, Cemex, LL, Royal Scotsman x 1 & One

I think i’m going to claim that.

not fessing up, I’m not even sure how many, but its definitely more than the 37 versions made.

I did buy a lot of damaged (read cheap) ones, with the plan to boneyard some and make good others.

• Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, jools1959 said:

I need three, EWS, EWS/DB and DBC and I'm hoping Hatton's are kind enough to do another batch with all issues sorted.  They must be pretty good as they don't seem to appear second hand very often.

Surprised they didn't do a loco in the latest large DB logo red livery, maybe a 66113 will turn up..... 

Edited by martin_l_jones
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
27 minutes ago, martin_l_jones said:

Surprised they didn't do a loco in the latest large DB red livery, maybe a 66113 will turn up..... 

Like this one :good:with assistance from Rail-Tec Transfers....

FullSizeRender.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

After all the hu ha those who have not purchased one will regret it once they are gone.

It has its issues but with a little work its a great model.Theres only 66743 i might buy as ive got all the modern image ones and a couple of cheap ones for spares.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

After all the hu ha those who have not purchased one will regret it once they are gone.

It has its issues but with a little work its a great model.Theres only 66743 i might buy as ive got all the modern image ones and a couple of cheap ones for spares.

Nope, still not regretting it. If they make it RTR rather than a kit next time, I might get one .

• Agree 4
  • Funny 4

1 hour ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Nope.  I won't have any regrets whatsoever, unless you can demonstrate, with photographic or signal box register evidence, that they worked through Hawick between September 1967 and January 1969.  

• Funny 7

No regrets with my 7 variants, especially ones picked up for under £100 and repaired to Good as New.

As there seems to be absolutely nothing from Hattons on this project now I can only jump to the conclusion that it's going to be dead and buried so they can go back to stocking Bachmann in full. Hopefully I'm proven wrong as there's so many liveries to do and it's a great model, I live in hope we may hear something from them one day about a batch 2...? 

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, 'CHARD said:

Nope.  I won't have any regrets whatsoever, unless you can demonstrate, with photographic or signal box register evidence, that they worked through Hawick between September 1967 and January 1969.  

Will be out in my DeLorean shortly,will pop back and check.......

• Like 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, 'CHARD said:

66789 is a reincarnated class 45.

• Like 1