Class 66 in OO Gauge - New Announcement

Hattons Dave

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, brynna79 said:

66727 was more than 10 in stock on Tuesday when I last checked.  This was suddenly a popular choice.  

Mexican standoff, everyone watching one hand on the keyboard the other on their wallet.

when stocks dip below 30..the shooting begins, once it drops below 12 everyone rips up the saloon in a big bar fight… buffers everywhere.

After the last one is gone, all thats left is the late comer, left covered in horse manure dumped in the horses water tray, spitting hay, just as the big fella walks past and drops an empty parts bag on him.

I guess its people balancing priorities.

Surprised its dropped to 3 leaving the £99 one there, its issue is an easy fix and its been there a few weeks now. I’d be tempted too buy it, but i’m fattened with 66’s already and that livery isnt my interest (which kind of sums up the rest remaining at this point too).

Still c280 left, thats a lot to shift, even if its the leftovers of a greater thing.

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 1

21 hours ago, adb968008 said:

Mexican standoff, everyone watching one hand on the keyboard the other on their wallet.

when stocks dip below 30..the shooting begins, once it drops below 12 everyone rips up the saloon in a big bar fight… buffers everywhere.

After the last one is gone, all thats left is the late comer, left covered in horse manure dumped in the horses water tray, spitting hay, just as the big fella walks past and drops an empty parts bag on him.

I guess its people balancing priorities.

Surprised its dropped to 3 leaving the £99 one there, its issue is an easy fix and its been there a few weeks now. I’d be tempted too buy it, but i’m fattened with 66’s already and that livery isnt my interest (which kind of sums up the rest remaining at this point too).

Still c280 left, thats a lot to shift, even if its the leftovers of a greater thing.

They are easy to strip and respray!

Got to admit - cracked yesterday and now have my 17th Hattons class 66 with one resprayed to Maritime Intermodal 1 and another reworked to 66113 Key people livery.

A superb model and nearly all my Bachmann ones now sold.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I wasn’t too keen on the orange colours of the new freightliner G&W but over time it’s certainly grown on me. And for me, 66623 was the first orange one I saw in the flesh so would have liked this one in my collection. Shame Hattons got the colour completely wrong for this particular loco! Really wish at some point down the line they either offer to replace body shells or do another in the correct orange. I appreciate they may be fairly straightforward for some to respray but I’ve not got the talent to carry out such work. Think it may be quite a while until 66623 sells out at Hattons…

7FE221A9-03E6-47C6-9C61-C495DFFD2EF3.png

56C77AB8-BC1F-4280-B41D-B6CC2B13814F.png

C0833BC6-7256-42A7-A780-C0465AF7E98F.jpeg

25F4EF62-2F53-4F05-A325-34BD7CBF369F.jpeg

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Renumber it to 66419 and it looks the part,will probably fade over time or will all be cut up if the Gretas get there way,it is a shame but probably the worst thing about all this model 66 batch is Hattons no fix like it or lump it accross the range,more expert box shifters than model rail experts,no involving or using customer feedback. Accurascale, Cavalex,Revolution are a lot better thought of through an open approach and i doubt it does Hattons any good in the long term,lets just hope the chassis does not dissolve over time.........

Edited by ERIC ALLTORQUE

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Renumber it to 66419 and it looks the part,will probably fade over time or will all be cut up if the Gretas get there way,it is a shame but probably the worst thing about all this model 66 batch is Hattons no fix like it or lump it accross the range,more expert box shifters than model rail experts,no involving or using customer feedback. Accurascale, Cavalex,Revolution are a lot better thought of through an open approach and i doubt it does Hattons any good in the long term,lets just hope the chassis does not dissolve over time.........

413 is the pale orange one in the real Freightliner fleet, The body of 623 is incorrect for the renumber I am told by more knowledgeable people than myself. Thats why my 623 is destined to become something completely different once repainted.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Dicky L said:

413 is the pale orange one in the real Freightliner fleet, The body of 623 is incorrect for the renumber I am told by more knowledgeable people than myself. Thats why my 623 is destined to become something completely different once repainted.

Yes I think that was discussed at length on here when the problem was first noted.

Is anyone making replacement axlebox caps for these?

Just had mine running the last couple of days and have noticed 2 are missing.

I've been around the tracks a couple of times with a high-powered torch and nothing showing.

I'll keep looking, and will approach H directly.

Al.

58 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

I do recall somebody making some on a resin 3d printer on this thread.

I'd have a go myself but as I only have a PLA printer I don't think I'll get the results.

• Like 1

On 04/10/2021 at 21:09, adb968008 said:

Many of the new liveries require a tooling variant we haven't yet seen from anybody..

The Euro imports..

E0C25D19-A0F4-4170-BC43-AF654772D87E.jpeg.6310043f7d51e0e6a5e3be5cb664a0b6.jpeg

Euro buffers..

The protruding horn box…

ABC29341-4501-46D2-982C-B79FE2F75FF6.jpeg.b7c7b3dc1e1503513b0a52285ea9347e.jpeg

note, when aligning the image.. i noticed some minor observations.

The rooflines appear slightly different.. the RFC 66 tapers the roof downwards to the cab front where as the GBRF blue one is dead straight.

Also note the headlight is lower, as is the cantrail stripe, as the body to roof taper is different too…

marked up here..it might be the camera angle but here it is, but it is angled 90 degrees to the lampost, as well as the gbrf blue roof.

E1E664E0-2D66-461A-A82F-D0F9FABC85CB.jpeg.0e90bd8a923b8c9bb494c8eabc6cc0d3.jpeg

2EF4BB44-1202-4698-9D88-18F771AF437D.jpeg.af280b0c60c0bf471f9b95b3f204fae4.jpeg

Don't forget that some of the euro 66s used to have aircon units mounted on the roofs, these would have been removed before coming to the UK, so some cab roofs may well look slightly diffrent depending on what work has been done to them.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
On 16/10/2021 at 15:18, atom3624 said:

Just had mine running the last couple of days and have noticed 2 are missing.

I've been around the tracks a couple of times with a high-powered torch and nothing showing.

I'll keep looking, and will approach H directly.

Al.

For those that have a resin printer - see here for the .stl file

• Informative/Useful 1

When I arrived home, there was a miniature Jiffy bag, with a smaller resealable plastic bag with what initially looked like smallish screws.

I couldn't remember any such recent purchase, and any references didn't indicate what was contained .... then it dawned on me!

THANK YOU HATTONS!

6 AB covers received.

I lightly drilled out the 2 holes with missing AB's to allow 'a little movement' and got onto fitting ... one was fine immediately, the other started to work out, so I lightly enlarged again - from 2.8 to 3.2mm (Dremel bits I have) and have reset again, then left overnight.

Inverted running seems OK - needed to realign as straight as possible as well but seems good.

Al.

• Like 4

Received 2 emails from Hattons yesterday containing this:

image.png.f419a130d7c493448832d0850668b34f.png

Not sure if it's a phishing scam or if they're desperate to shift outstanding stock. Now I do admit to looking at this item lately but I never went as far as adding to a basket. Needless to say the emails have been deleted.

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Graham108 said:

Not sure if it's a phishing scam or if they're desperate to shift outstanding stock. Now I do admit to looking at this item lately but I never went as far as adding to a basket. Needless to say the emails have been deleted.

Hi there Graham,

Rest assured that is a legitimate email from ourselves but that doesn't look quite right to me. It should only show items that you had left in your basket for a while. Would you mind sending an email to jmorgan@hattons.co.uk please and we can investigate why you received that.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
On 08/11/2021 at 08:20, Graham108 said:

What a man,if you buy all the remaining stock then the next batch will probably be deemed a good plan.

• Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
On 08/11/2021 at 09:31, Hattons Dave said:

Hi there Graham,

Rest assured that is a legitimate email from ourselves but that doesn't look quite right to me. It should only show items that you had left in your basket for a while. Would you mind sending an email to jmorgan@hattons.co.uk please and we can investigate why you received that.

L@@K.  A post on this thread from Hattons.  That is rare in itself lol ;)

• Like 5
  • Funny 4