Class 66 in OO Gauge - New Announcement

Hattons Dave

• RMweb Gold
23 minutes ago, The Black Prince said:

Just out curiosity, is this information publicly available or is someone at Hattons reporting this out? 

Obviously the site counts down after 10 but before then ? 

I might have started this trend back at the beginning…

I wanted a lot of 66’s, Hattons had over 32 types… 

So to prioritise my purchases, I sorted the list from highest to lowest, but found that wasnt cutting it..especially as soon as it reached 10, it sold out in hours, if not minutes…

So instead I picked the 3rd highest, when counts were above 10…

and added 30, 40, 50 et. to my cart until it refused to add any more… thats when I knew how many was left. Obviously I don't proceed to purchase and clear the cart… but it prioritised my purchases so I didn't miss out, and I didn't go bankrupt buying them.

At that point once it fell below 30, it took less than a month to sell out, usually the last 10 sold in hours/ minutes.
For example tonight the Royal Scotsman has 43 left… G&W (which isnt really that bad) has 63 left.. so on that scale, theres probably not 2 months left now before sell out.

long winded maybe.. but soon i’ll have more 66s than Hattons.. unless they make more.

Edited by adb968008
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

The Marmite of the model locomotive world,you either love it or hate it, over time it,s grown on some.

Definitely love,

how else do you explain a Pink monstrosity surrounded by a fleet of Freightliners green with envy ?

:D

• Funny 2

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, ayrmrg said:

I managed to get the elusive GBRF liveried class 66 'Sarah' Hopefully this clear out is making way for new releases of the class 66. 

If i remember correct you need to ask for nameplates if you want them,they are free if you buy it new and i guess they will have some.

• Informative/Useful 1

The new ones were being sold for £119 with used ones around the £99 mark.

Now, it seems, that the last new ones have been sold there is suddenly a plethora of what I assume are all the new ones that were returned as a result of damaged paint, missing parts etc, (I had return my 1st one for those reasons,) classed a PO's. However, I note that they are now charging £120 plus for damaged and missing parts 66's! 

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Sprint said:

Now, it seems, that the last new ones have been sold there is suddenly a plethora of what I assume are all the new ones that were returned as a result of damaged paint, missing parts etc, (I had return my 1st one for those reasons,) classed a PO's. However, I note that they are now charging £120 plus for damaged and missing parts 66's! 

They were £150 on release and only reduced i guess as they had no fix to it unless you do it yourself,some of these have sold over £200 on e bay for long sold out ones. The fact e bay is not littered with them says volumes,its still far better than any competition,snap up what you can when you can as a rerun will not be this price.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, Sprint said:

supply and demand, at £119, everyone had their chance, they were on special offer at the time.

As side of a few lingering Large Logo 66’s, which I reckon will go fairly quick, they flew out the door.

Tbh I think the Freightliner ones were priced on the low side, £120 range, on ebay they are going for a lot more, that said theres not too many of them… I missed out on 66957 first time, and just now this time.

3 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

They were £150 on release and only reduced i guess as they had no fix to it unless you do it yourself,some of these have sold over £200 on e bay for long sold out ones. The fact e bay is not littered with them says volumes,its still far better than any competition,snap up what you can when you can as a rerun will not be this price.

Indeed relatively few have popped up on ebay, its ones and twos here and there.

Ive said several times I reckon £119 is just a memory, I reckon £150 is too.. Hornbys asking £220 for most of their diesel range now. I’m without GBRF and Cappagh as I cant reconcile that price when last January I bought several 60’s for £100.

its life.

Edited by adb968008
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

When Hatton’s do a second run, I wouldn’t be surprised if they didn’t come with a £200+ price tag.  I think the days of new mainline diesels under £150 are now just a distant memory.

• Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, newbryford said:

Has anyone corrected repainted the orange on 66623?

I feel a project coming on.

I have one to do, banked a few of these for other projects as well.

• Like 1

I managed to nab one of the GBRF 66789s.  

One had one of the battery boxes sheared off and cabstep handrails badly bent and the other three or four had the usual chips on the handrails etc.  All at very reasonable prices considering that it's a popular livery.  

Managed to get one with the chips on the handrails at £122. 

Not even a 5 minute job with a toothpick to touch up the cab step handrails and putting a bit of paper underneath the chipped handrail to touch up the paint to avoid getting white paint into the handrail recess.  

Runs perfectly fine, no wobble or other issues.  

Very happy with the result, not even "real" modelling skills were required, its only my 8th Hattons Class 66.  

• Like 6

• RMweb Premium

Was just looking on the Olivia Trains web page regarding Heljan’s 86’s and I noted they had 8 Hattons 66’s listed. All pre owned, numbers being:

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 weeks later...