Class 66 in OO Gauge - New Announcement

Hattons Dave

It’s looking good.

I’m slightly concerned they don’t seem to be making any “DB” ones, just “ DB Schenker “. Seeing as that is now defunct and there seem to be a lot more plain DB ones around that seems very amiss

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

It wasn't the lack of comments. It was the fact I think I was boring one of the posters on the page. I don't really do class 66s but thought It would be useful to have a picture in case hattons want to include it on a model. I noticed that 66727 has the same set up as well so it would be all the 66s from the first gbrf barbie livery batch. This is 66593 20180813_060724.jpg 20180813_060718_018.jpg 20180813_060724.jpg 20180813_060724_20180813093300181.jpg

Found another 66 with a battery switch cabinet this morning!

66726 which is an ex ‘barbie’ 66 too so as you say it must be that batch which had them fitted

B2A662F9-10BA-4E45-8DF3-A2147EC7BB8D.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

There’s a sneak preview of a test model running on the latest video from SDJR7F88:

(About 6 mins in)

It even shows the rotating axle boxes!

Edited by MrTea
  • Like 9

There’s a sneak preview of a test model running on the latest video from SDJR7F88:

https://youtu.be/sFvi7Ct-JS4

(About 6 mins in)

It even shows the rotating axle boxes!

Glad you found the video of interest! Got a little video just on the 66's coming soon, including the first hand painted sample of the Colas version.

Here's a little taster...

post-20663-0-61994300-1542873721_thumb.jpg

• Like 10

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Thanks to SamsTrains, SDJR7F88, New Junction, Everard Junction and the guys from the Model Railway YouTube Community Group who visited us this week and got a sneak preview of our upcoming Class 66 alongside other projects.

For those of you who want to see the model in the flesh we'll have both hand-painted samples (Colas Rail and Freightliner) on display on our stand (A32) at Warley this weekend.

The Colas Rail model will be fitted with a prototype version of our Class 66 sound project along with a Rail Rumble speaker.

We've also got latest samples of all our projects on show so we'll look forward to seeing you over the weekend.

Cheers,

Dave
  • Like 9

A closer look at Hatton's Model Railways latest Project, the eagerly anticipated 00 Gauge Class 66.

During a recent tour of their premise in Widnes, two of the latest working prototypes were being put through their paces on the Team own Test-Track. Both models (one in Colas Rail and the other in Freightliner Livery) have been hand painted, and are fitted with Hatton's very own "Sure Sound" Digital Sound and "Rail Rumble" Speakers.

Also featured in this video is the latest test sample of the Network Rail, Rail Head Treatment Train, which are also currently under development.

Hope you enjoy!

• Like 4

The sound seems very nice.  :)

I cannot help but notice that it doesn't look as though they have done anything to correct the cabside windows?  They just look totally wrong.  Unless of course these are both bodyshells from the initial EP samples?

Edited by YesTor

The windows need an etch. At least the detailing part manufacturers will still have something to do.

Geoff Endacott

Hmmm, potentially.  Although surely easier to get 'em right in the first place while they still have chance.  The windows on the Colas version still look horribly recessed and essentially the wrong shape.  I guess we'll see. 

Edited by YesTor

The sound seems very nice.  :)

I cannot help but notice that it doesn't look as though they have done anything to correct the cabside windows?  They just look totally wrong.  Unless of course these are both bodyshells from the initial EP samples?

Update to my own post, and apparently this latest example is still from the first lot of samples, so with further revisions to follow.

• Like 1

The blurb on the details says that both styles of cabside windows are to be produced. Looking at these models, I would say they are not fully finished for some of the detailing. The side windows in the pics and videos seem to have a moulded vertical bar/divider which isn't painted on these samples.

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Thanks for everyone who paid our stand a visit at Warley.

All samples of the Class 66 shown over the weekend (including the hand-painted samples in Colas Rail and Freightliner liveries) featured the initial first EP bodystyle for which amendments have been advised and incorporated, including the cab window area. We are expecting full decorated samples shortly which will incorporate these amendments and these will be showcased on here as soon as they are able to be.

Regarding the lighting, the running model has not got the final PCB board fitted hence the incorrect light configuration showing.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 7

• RMweb Gold

And you and your team Dave did a superb PR job too,Every customer who approached the Hattons stand....well at least when I was there yesterday was given a meet and greet welcome with informative demo and q&a.Thanks and well done.I found myself telling people I met to go see the Hattons displays.Your stock went up tenfold this weekend.Simple,intelligent and effective PR by young,personable and knowledgeable guys.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Thanks for the positive feedback. I've always been a regular Warley visitor personally but it was great to be there with the stand and to catch up in person with as many of you as possible.

I really hope Hatton's can be at the London Ally Pally exhibition next March, hopefully just in time to show off the glorious finished product.

So far we'll be attending the following shows in 2019 including Alexandra Palace:

Cheers

Dave

• Like 4

Hi all,

Thanks for everyone who paid our stand a visit at Warley.

All samples of the Class 66 shown over the weekend (including the hand-painted samples in Colas Rail and Freightliner liveries) featured the initial first EP bodystyle for which amendments have been advised and incorporated, including the cab window area. We are expecting full decorated samples shortly which will incorporate these amendments and these will be showcased on here as soon as they are able to be.

Regarding the lighting, the running model has not got the final PCB board fitted hence the incorrect light configuration showing.

Cheers

Dave

Hi - as per photo/video on post #467 - is the roof grille on the Class 66 going to be finer than that displayed on the Colas sample?  Looks rather crude in that post.

Thanks,

Regards,

C.