Class 66 in OO Gauge - New Announcement

Hattons Dave

2 minutes ago, Pre Grouping fan said:

Same for me with 66780, must be working through them in code number order.

Was a surprise when I just saw the email as they didn't have an arrival date after the delay at the end of June. 

Yes i was surprised too - wasn't expecting it until the end of the year - Hatton's have also sent my order yesterday for the Cross Country HST so my bank account has took a hammering!!

• Funny 1

16 hours ago, adb968008 said:

whilst media often suggests otherwise, copyright and respect of intellectual property does exist in China, especially between local competing companies.

Similarly HO and OO are different scales.

True, but that copyright/IPR might well belong to the design/manufacturing company, not the commissioning party; and I don't see why the scale is relevant, it's the dimensions that matter, and there's not going to be much difference in wheel back to back or overall bogie size between OO and HO (OK a different matter in terms of body size - but even then a small OO loco might well be a very similar size to a large HO one of similar design) 

Edited by spamcan61

Yep I have just been charged £300.

It is slightly annoying that they were meant to be here end of last month, delayed until October and then 4 weeks later they are here! It's a bit strange TBH.

I'd probably not have bought the NMT pack had I known this would be the case.

Although in reality I am glad they are here if all is well with them.

• Agree 1

Also Just hope they used more or a better glue and that the glues in the right places. Count myself very lucky that I applied some glue to the small steps on the ploughs on both my 66s as I just looked at one and it fell off

Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 17.14.29.png

Edited by Triumph1050
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

44 minutes ago, Pre Grouping fan said:

I guess we'll find out in a few days when they start to arrive.

I'd like 66746, partly as I took a photo of it leaving Middleton Towers on a sand train just over a couple of years ago, but will hang fire a month or so until feedback on this second batch reaches rm web...

P1060879_(2).JPG

Edited by WisTramwayMan
Poor grammar

6 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Mine are meant to be coming tomorrow.

I hope I will have time to do the decoder installs tomorrow too.

Same as I have had the despatch email. I'll have to run mine in on DC before fitting the chip and speaker I bought a month or so ago.

just had my confirmation for Biffa and Cemex. I preordred for Christmas just had to do some serious grovelling as i bought Madge Elliot last week £450 this month just hope these two dont fall apart like Madge did 

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, spamcan61 said:

True, but that copyright/IPR might well belong to the design/manufacturing company, not the commissioning party; and I don't see why the scale is relevant, it's the dimensions that matter, and there's not going to be much difference in wheel back to back or overall bogie size between OO and HO (OK a different matter in terms of body size - but even then a small OO loco might well be a very similar size to a large HO one of similar design) 

Your missing the point... if they dont own the IP they cant use it, regardless of scale.

so ripping off an axlebox cover design isnt going to happen.

And HO scale GM co-co bogies are definitely smaller than OO scale GM bogies... I have a Heljan class 66 its a good bit shy in all dimensions to its OO counterpart.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Hilux5972 said:

A bit annoyed they are here now. I will have the funds available for when they were delayed until October. I don’t have the funds available now, so there’s a chance I’ll miss out. 

Exactly, rather annoying when manufacturers do this, especially when an announcement was made about the delay 

Edited by Class 158 productions
Grammar
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 1

20 minutes ago, Hilux5972 said:

A bit annoyed they are here now. I will have the funds available for when they were delayed until October. I don’t have the funds available now, so there’s a chance I’ll miss out. 

16 minutes ago, Class 158 productions said:

Exactly, rather annoying when manufacturers do this, especially when an announcement was made about the delay 

You can always ask Hattons to pop the locos in their ‘Trunk’ facility until you have the funds to pay for them.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 hour ago, 7013 said:

You can always ask Hattons to pop the locos in their ‘Trunk’ facility until you have the funds to pay for them.

I think you have to buy them for them to go into the trunk. It's just to combine postage I think.

• Agree 5

6 hours ago, 37501 said:

I wonder if any modifications have been made to the axles and axle boxes of this new batch....

John

I doubt they’d have time since the last lot , or the inclination 

• Agree 5

19 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

Time at least, not sure about inclination

Why would they change the design - you all keep buying them , if that changed maybe they’d redesign it 

Edited by rob D2
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

Why would they change the design - you all keep buying them , if that changed maybe they’d redesign it 

I'd be interested to know how many got returned and are sat languishing because of it. Just because some of us are willing to buy it regardless of this flaw doesn't mean that it's cost effective to ignore it.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

14 hours ago, Triumph1050 said:

Count myself very lucky that I applied some glue to the small steps on the ploughs on both my 66s as I just looked at one and it fell off

Yep I am missing at least 2 somewhere in the layout. I know they are on the layout somewhere as the locos never come off the track!

11 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

"Not delayed long enough" has to be my new favourite complaint on here ! Even better than the "too many layouts" complaint about one of the mags a few years ago. Talk about damned if you do...

• Like 1
  • Agree 7

Well my 66780 has just arrived.

Initial thoughts when handling the box, I thought I had been sent 2 by accident, only 1 in the box and I'm surprised by the sheer weight of the model. 

IMG_20200723_090246.jpg.cf4892e9632612bac0f9180b7bf64cbc.jpg

2 minor defects I've noticed. 1 outward sandbox pipe is broken and a slightly wonky nameplate on one side.  It has clear signs of being run either at the factory or Hattons as the tyres have a thin layer of dirt. 

IMG_20200723_090223.jpg.55a24c55289451e80d8bb55332036d92.jpgIMG_20200723_090235.jpg.5b59e3fe1dfa33f31e54e601eb577c98.jpg

I shall update once it's had a chance to run in.