Class 66 in OO Gauge - New Announcement

Hattons Dave

I've read through all 20 pages so far, but I may have missed this.

Is there any possibility, or is it too late, to have provision for re-gauging to EM Gauge, (or even p4 whilst you are at it), just like the Irish boys over at Accurascale have announced for their new Deltic?

I'm seriously considering the move over to EM following the EMGS track announcement.

• Like 2

Is there any possibility, or is it too late, to have provision for re-gauging to EM Gauge, (or even p4 whilst you are at it), just like the Irish boys over at Accurascale have announced for their new Deltic?

I'm seriously considering the move over to EM following the EMGS track announcement.

What's the EMGS track announcement?...sorry for going off topic, well sort of.

• 4 weeks later...

Close up photos are great for comparison, but do we get carried away sometimes?

I've photographed my own models and found things on them that aren't easily visible to the naked eye. (In fact they probably wouldn't have been noticed except for the enlarged photo)

The photos of the models a few posts up are about twice the size of the actual mo it tdel. Would the discrepancies or ft up see RR was be so noticeable if they were 1:1 size of the model itself?

Cheers,

Mick

Close up photos are great for comparison, but do we get carried away sometimes?

I've photographed my own models and found things on them that aren't easily visible to the naked eye. (In fact they probably wouldn't have been noticed except for the enlarged photo)

The photos of the models a few posts up are about twice the size of the actual mo it tdel. Would the discrepancies or ft up see RR was be so noticeable if they were 1:1 size of the model itself?

Cheers,

Mick

What is this?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, not wishing to sound impatient (I know they have said they won't release any more Class 66's until the original 32 are released), but it would be nice if Hattons would advise us whether they have any intention of producing 66413 in F/L Orange Livery, so modellers can make an informed choice as to which 66413 model they wish to purchase, whether Hornby, Bachmann, or Hattons (if they choose to do it).

Regards,

C.

• RMweb Premium

Hattons may well do 66413 in future, however you can make an informed choice when the Hattons models are released because you can  judge the quality of the models.The question will be do you want a Hornby (basic) model, Bachmann (very good model) or Hattons (potentially the best model).. The next question then would be do you want to wait for a Hattons version of 66413 if in fact they do it. 

• RMweb Gold

For March 2019 retail availability, the production run needs to be pretty much complete to enable the consignment to be shipped for export before Chinese new year, slightly over two weeks away from date of posting..

Allowing a recommended (by various sites) 23 -25 days at sea plus time getting to the port and getting through Customs at this end the reasonable expectation is about 6 weeks from date of factory despatch to arrival on the shop counter, sometimes a bit quicker, sometimes taking a bit    longer.  So if they're going to be here at the beginning of March they should already be on the way and if they're going to be here later in March they'll have to shipped next week to beat Chinese New Year on 5 February.

Like every other model coming from China they'll no doubt be here when they arrive.

Bumping this query. I cannot DM Dave directly.

Allowing a recommended (by various sites) 23 -25 days at sea plus time getting to the port and getting through Customs at this end the reasonable expectation is about 6 weeks from date of factory despatch to arrival on the shop counter, sometimes a bit quicker, sometimes taking a bit    longer.  So if they're going to be here at the beginning of March they should already be on the way and if they're going to be here later in March they'll have to shipped next week to beat Chinese New Year on 5 February.

Actually, they would need to ship this week, and better yet have shipped last week.

While Chinese New Year is Feb 5 this year, and apparently the entire week of the 4 to 8 is a holiday, pretty much everything (based on numerous websites) will be shut down next week to allow everyone to begin the mass migration home.  Further, the advice on many websites is to not try and be shipping the last week before shutdown (this week) because of various issues arising from everyone trying to ship out before the shut down which can include increased shipping costs due to the higher demand.

(and for those wondering, it then takes another week for everybody to return after Feb 10th Then factories get to find out which employees aren't returning, etc. and thus possibly add another week or more to get everything up and running again, for a total of a 3 to 4 week shutdown beginning next week).

True......but they’ve shared everything else up to today, and all their other models.....just worth noting

Hope they have sorted the roof grille mesh and made that finer!  Looks a little coarse on the 66848 they have shown on here!

Regards,

C.

Hi, not wishing to sound impatient (I know they have said they won't release any more Class 66's until the original 32 are released), but it would be nice if Hattons would advise us whether they have any intention of producing 66413 in F/L Orange Livery, so modellers can make an informed choice as to which 66413 model they wish to purchase, whether Hornby, Bachmann, or Hattons (if they choose to do it).

Regards,

C.

There may well be another repaint by Freightliner by the time a second batch is confirmed meaning you could have two!

Regards,

C.

Simply applying straightforward logic here in that considering Hatton's have announced virtually every standard livery carried by 66s from their introduction up to the latest livery at the time the model was announced, I would think it fairly reasonable to assume that the new Freightliner livery would follow in due course.  If anything I find it harder to imagine any reason as to why they wouldn't produce the new FL livery at some point in the future.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Dave, 

Hope you are well? 

I have a few questions regarding the 66s. 

1) Are the 66s still due to arrive in March? 

2) Will all 32 variants including DCC Ready, DCC Fitted and DCC Sound versions all arrive in March, or will we see some variants arriving later in April/May? 

3) Have you got any factory painted EPs to show us of each livery? 

Thank you in advance. 

• RMweb Gold
Afternoon all,

post-28458-0-57701700-1548689541_thumb.jpg

We are very excited to show you the latest Class 66 samples which show almost all of the liveries we are producing.

We hope you agree that the quality of painting and printing on these is amazing and captures livery elements from the largest logo down to the smallest safety signs.

post-28458-0-41583800-1548689548_thumb.jpg

post-28458-0-86911400-1548689554_thumb.jpg

post-28458-0-83560600-1548689564_thumb.jpg

post-28458-0-13471200-1548689579_thumb.jpg

post-28458-0-24531300-1548689587_thumb.jpg

post-28458-0-10869700-1548689598_thumb.jpg

post-28458-0-91895700-1548689607_thumb.jpg

post-28458-0-30551100-1548689624_thumb.jpg

post-28458-0-61515600-1548689633_thumb.jpg

post-28458-0-13810100-1548689643_thumb.jpg

There are still a couple of tweaks to a small number of paint colours and prints but on the whole this is how they will arrive.

The next samples will have a fully working PCB which will allow us to show you the lighting modes on all types of control as well as the finished sounds with the updated speaker.

All 32 versions are still available to order on THIS page of our website.

As always let us know what you think.

Cheers,

Dave

• Like 15

They look amazing Dave. Well done!!

Personally though I feel that the etched see-through grilles don't capture the effect correctly and therefore is the only let down. It's just my opinion. It won't stop me from buying atleast one. Maybe it's the angle, but from the current images it's literally looking like regular square mesh minus the corrugated effect.