Jump to content

Hattons Dave

Class 66 in OO Gauge - New Announcement

Recommended Posts

Why not paste a link to the picture if you don't want to post the actual picture, more likely to elicit a reposnse if Hattons Dave can be directed to the image you refer to.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, woodenhead said:

Why not paste a link to the picture if you don't want to post the actual picture, more likely to elicit a reposnse if Hattons Dave can be directed to the image you refer to.

 

Good idea. Just added the image. Hopefully this should make it noticeable as to what I mention in the above comment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good spot Danny and Yes Tor too.

 

I do hope this is corrected on the production models.  I'm prepared to do much to fettle models, but correcting livery errors is beyond my skill set, and I shouldn't have to , so that would put me off  buying any EWS liveried ones.

 

Shame.

 

Would Hattons  like to add anything to this?

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got three EWS variants on order but seriously considering cancelling them until the guys at Hattons can confirm what we are actually getting. 

  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, KDG said:

Good spot Danny and Yes Tor too.

 

I do hope this is corrected on the production models.  I'm prepared to do much to fettle models, but correcting livery errors is beyond my skill set, and I shouldn't have to , so that would put me off  buying any EWS liveried ones.

 

Shame.

 

Would Hattons  like to add anything to this?

 

I have to say that I am disappointed. Considering that these images are on the Hattons website on the product pages for these models it does not look hopeful that the inaccuracy has been noticed by anyone at Hattons and instead only by some members of RMWeb, thus even if Dave noticed these comments now it's most likely too late to do anything about this error. Even more of a shame because I usually do not model EWS/DB although I was considering making the exception by buying some of these 66s. Unfortunately I won't be now unless this basic error can and is corrected. 

 

What's even more frustrating and even more concerning is the fact that Bachmann can accurately replicate some of the most complex liveries on their Class 66s including GBRf 709, 718, 720 and 721 and Dapol can produce the also complex DRS Swoosh liveried Class 68s and now the TPE livery on the Class 68. But yet one of the basic liveries that the Class 66 carries can not be correctly produced by Hattons. 

 

I agree, it would be nice if Dave could clarify if this error along with the other errors that have been mentioned on the previous pages can be and will be corrected?

 

If anyone is confused by what I mean with regards to the EWS yellow band on 66005, take a look at the above image that I have attached. Zoom in on the image and focus to the left hand side of the image. It can be clearly seen that the yellow band is nearly or completely level with the cab window and not 3/4mm below as replicated on the Hattons model. 

 

Thank you in advance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good evening everyone,

 

Thank you to you all for showing such enthusiasm for the Class 66 project.

As mentioned, these are still first painted samples which have had feedback regarding multiple changes to be made passed over to our factory.

The livery on the EWS version is due to be revised and we will have further samples (of multiple liveries) to check once the changes have been made.

I hope this helps.

 

 

Cheers,


Dave

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Dave that's encouraging to hear

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

!

Edited by KDG
Duplicate post

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Just noticed something, that I don't think has been picked up yet, so I thought that I would post. 

 

Usually I am not as eagle eyed as this, which would suggest that I if I have noticed it that others may have and may do too. Just searched on Flickr for a photo of EWS 66005. Then comparing the photo to the current two photos of the Hattons model on their website it can be clearly seen that the yellow band that begins next to the cab window is not aligned correctly at the right height on the Hattons model. On the loco in reality the yellow band appears to be exactly level with the bottom of the cab window but on the Hattons model the yellow band appears to be a good few millimetres below the bottom of the cab window. Enough of a distance to make it noticeable. I would estimate on the model that the yellow band is around 3/4mm lower than where it should start.

 

Agreed, and in fact appears to be common to all of the Hatton's samples in EWS & Euro Cargo livery, so clearly not a 'glitch' with that single sample model.  It's really difficult to tell if the gold band is not quite broad enough, or simply printed slightly too low, or is in fact at a very slight angle at the loco's No. 2 end (left hand end when viewing the side-on photos), as if you look at the side-on photos and look at the opposite end (No. 1 end/ right end) this appears fine?   Whatever the reason something doesn't look quite right.

 

edit:  I've just spotted Dave's reply above, so I guess they're onto it!  :)

Edited by YesTor
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe it's just me, but interesting to note that the three-door side of the low-emission bodied version doesn't appear to have been photographed anywhere.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DRS Crewe On A Mission said:

Dapol can produce the also complex DRS Swoosh liveried Class 68s...

 

Well, Dapol got it right the second time around, hehe  :mocking_mini:

  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, YesTor said:

 

Agreed, and in fact appears to be common to all of the Hatton's samples in EWS & Euro Cargo livery, so clearly not a 'glitch' with that single sample model.  It's really difficult to tell if the gold band is not quite broad enough, or simply printed slightly too low, or is in fact at a very slight angle at the loco's No. 2 end (left hand end when viewing the side-on photos), as if you look at the side-on photos and look at the opposite end (No. 1 end/ right end) this appears fine?   Whatever the reason something doesn't look quite right.

 

edit:  I've just spotted Dave's reply above, so I guess they're onto it!  :)

 

5 minutes ago, YesTor said:

 

Well, Dapol got it right the second time around, hehe  https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/emoticons/default_mocking_mini.gif

 

Completely agree. As you say it could be any one of the three options you mention as to why it just doesn't look right. Hopefully it can be corrected before they are produced. 

 

Very true and the further DRS liveried 68s have been correct too, so all is good. 

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Returning once more to the GBRf logo and number font and hopefully this side-on comparison will help in illustrating that the font used for both livery variants is in fact of similar weight...  

 

337198831_GBRffontcomparison.jpg.2d374e6fd5d7dbbd8a1a61d550f34600.jpg

 

 

cheers

Al

 

Edited by YesTor
  • Agree 3
  • Informative/Useful 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a positive thing that there are some very knowledgeable  folk on here that can provide constructive feedback and help Hatton's produce the best model they can. On the other hand sometimes criticism can become rather over the top nitpickery.  Having seen the samples I can say that I think they look great, and in case one or two people are having thoughts of cancelling orders because there's  a miniscule discrepancy somewhere, just remember that by the time it's running on second radius code 100 narrow gauge track using tension locks to pull it's under length train, the size of the light clusters will be the last thing you need to worry about. 

  • Like 4
  • Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hatton's now have the livery samples on display in the shop cabinet and jolly nice they looked at first glance. I know from previous comments there are tweaks needed to the liveries etc.

HTH Paul

20190216_122902.jpg

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, pharrc20 said:

Hatton's now have the livery samples on display in the shop cabinet and jolly nice they looked at first glance. I know from previous comments there are tweaks needed to the liveries etc.

HTH Paul

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/monthly_2019_02/20190216_122902.jpg.d44f91c646560144be936961ba54898b.jpg

 

Thank you for the photo. They look even better in person than they do on the website. Hopefully they will look even better with the livery amendments. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

It's a positive thing that there are some very knowledgeable  folk on here that can provide constructive feedback and help Hatton's produce the best model they can. On the other hand sometimes criticism can become rather over the top nitpickery.  Having seen the samples I can say that I think they look great, and in case one or two people are having thoughts of cancelling orders because there's  a miniscule discrepancy somewhere, just remember that by the time it's running on second radius code 100 narrow gauge track using tension locks to pull it's under length train, the size of the light clusters will be the last thing you need to worry about. 

 

One mans nit picking is another mans precision. I don’t mind it if it produces something great.

and you can bet your right arm those models won’t look right at all if there is a glaring font error on the writing - it’ll stand out like a sore  thumb 

Edited by rob D2
  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, pharrc20 said:

Hatton's now have the livery samples on display in the shop cabinet and jolly nice they looked at first glance. I know from previous comments there are tweaks needed to the liveries etc.

HTH Paul

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/monthly_2019_02/20190216_122902.jpg.d44f91c646560144be936961ba54898b.jpg

Ooohhh, did they let you touch them ? Sniff them even !?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

just remember that by the time it's running on second radius code 100 narrow gauge track using tension locks to pull it's under length train, the size of the light clusters will be the last thing you need to worry about. 

 

Odd statement, you appear to be missing the spot where the hobby is now - 100% spot on detail - just look at other models in development - details, details and fanatical attention to detail! 

 

If one is to follow your logic then - the Hornby 66 with a nice livery finish at a distance looks good, the Bachmann 66 must look great?!

 

Glad you are not running a model manufacturing company as the standards in detail that are now coming out of China is staggeringly amazing. Look at the outfits who do not compromise on detail (Accurascale, RealTrack, RevolutioN etc), which demonstrates how spot on perfect the Chinese factories can get things, when attention is paid by the project manager.

 

I suspect, no, I expect the Hatton's 66s to be nothing short of perfect in terms of detail. The Chinese factories are more than capable and by all accounts Hattons Dave shall see the project through to a glorious finish. The point of samples, is to analyse them and make a list of adjustments, no doubt having the 3rd eye of RMWeb only benefits the project manager. 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s all about attention to detail, especially the price we are paying!

  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, rob D2 said:

Ooohhh, did they let you touch them ? Sniff them even !?

Lol there were only 3 staff on when I popped in to collect my order and a few in shop being served or waiting so I didn't ask them but I'm sure they might have opened cabinet up if I had asked.

Paul

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should have a hattons collectors club.....that way , if you know the secret rhyme....they may open the mystical cabinet for you...

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, pharrc20 said:

Hatton's now have the livery samples on display in the shop cabinet and jolly nice they looked at first glance. I know from previous comments there are tweaks needed to the liveries etc.

HTH Paul

https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/uploads/monthly_2019_02/20190216_122902.jpg.d44f91c646560144be936961ba54898b.jpg

 

We must have almost crossed paths Paul, I was having a good look at the 66s too about midday. Must say the look good, may end up with a 'wing mirror' fitted Shed at some point.

 

Wild Boar Fell

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wild Boar Fell said:

 

We must have almost crossed paths Paul, I was having a good look at the 66s too about midday. Must say the look good, may end up with a 'wing mirror' fitted Shed at some point.

 

Wild Boar Fell

Must have missed you not sure what time it was visited shop but must have been around 1230 as was back over moneyspinner bridge haha by about five to 1 heading for Runcorn shopping.

Cheers Paul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...