Class 66 in OO Gauge - New Announcement

Hattons Dave

Hi Dave, 

Thanks for the update and I appreciate the attention to detail and keeping the high standards, even if that means delays. 

Can you confirm if these dates are the same for all versions (specifically 66005) or are some coming later?

Thanks, 

Rich

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Ruairidh Munro said:

So is that due December (INCLUDING 6-7 weeks at sea) but you can secure an earlier delivery for an additional fee OR due December if you pay more money but it'll be February 2020 for those who don't pay more.

Sorry asking for more money (to secure a less late delivery) whilst announcing a further delay to the project leaves something of a bitter taste.  I can imaging what one of my clients would tell me if I informed them a project was going to late, but hae  if you pay me MORE, I can make it LESS late.

I'll just wait for the main shipment to arrive, as £10 per loco (when currently P&P is £4 total) on an order of 5 units is not insignificant.

It's hard to please everybody. :(

Hattons arrange an extra delivery option for only £6 extra and look at the thanks they get. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 6
  • Funny 1

2 hours ago, Ruairidh Munro said:

So is that due December (INCLUDING 6-7 weeks at sea) but you can secure an earlier delivery for an additional fee OR due December if you pay more money but it'll be February 2020 for those who don't pay more.

Sorry asking for more money (to secure a less late delivery) whilst announcing a further delay to the project leaves something of a bitter taste.  I can imaging what one of my clients would tell me if I informed them a project was going to late, but hae  if you pay me MORE, I can make it LESS late.

I'll just wait for the main shipment to arrive, as £10 per loco (when currently P&P is £4 total) on an order of 5 units is not insignificant.

The latest delay is to correct lighting combinations, which, if they let slip through, people would be calling for Hattons heads on a stick.  The loco's will be ready at the same time, the difference is that if you just cant eat/sleep/breathe or get a grip of yourself and just must have the loco before anyone else, so you can put it straight in a cupboard, then the option is there to be taken, at an additional cost, quite rightly.

Its the same as selecting next day delivery when ordering something online, for some more money, you get it quicker.

• RMweb Gold
29 minutes ago, Widnes Model Centre said:

Apologies for butting in on our neighbours. Did anyone think like me, what if Royal Mail or whoever get hold of my parcel from China and start adding customs duties etc?

This evening, I confirmed with the MD of Hattons that the locos will be air-freighted direct to them and then out to customers.

Good point and good answer from Hattons.

• RMweb Premium

Now I have a dilemma, I can order a second 66 and have it delivered early and keep my existing order for December. Some dilemmas are worth having!

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

I have two locos on order and I wasn't going to bother with the faster delivery because I'm in no rush to do any kind of YouTube unboxing video like some people will do. But then I thought if I pay extra for one I can stagger the payments and not have the worry about paying for two locos together so close to Christmas.

As 7013 says, this is a good dilemma to have :)

Edited by 37081LochLong
Bad grammar
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

Well at least this will justify an “ unboxing “ video as opposed to the ongoing Bachmann 66 ones which could basically be summarised as “ it’s been around for 14 years, here is is in different colours “

• Agree 2
  • Funny 2

40 minutes ago, PaulRhB said:

DB7A54D3-2BDC-451D-809C-31CFB71A3BA4.jpeg.c76542487b496a2b836bb3485cbc8882.jpeg

Discuss :diablo_mini:

:gamer: no don’t, . . .  really :declare:

Yeah , sorry , rush of blood to the head ....

” it comes in the familiar Bachmann ice cube packaging .... “

arrrgghhhh , shoot me now !

Edited by rob D2
Drama enhancement
  • Funny 3

12 hours ago, rob D2 said:

Well at least this will justify an “ unboxing “ video as opposed to the ongoing Bachmann 66 ones which could basically be summarised as “ it’s been around for 14 years, here is is in different colours “

Nothing screams more of 'look at me' desperation than filming one of those

38 minutes ago, JiLo said:

Nothing screams more of 'look at me' desperation than filming one of those

Nothing screams more of 'I've got nothing better to do with my life' desperation than watching one of those

(pretty much the same applies to model kit unboxings)

Edited by truffy
  • Agree 4

6 hours ago, truffy said:

Nothing screams more of 'I've got nothing better to do with my life' desperation than watching one of those

(pretty much the same applies to model kit unboxings)

Well that’s half of YouTube ,social media covered .

i wonder how many base jumpers would still be alive if there were no go pros and YouTube .

internet was made for show offs

• Funny 1

20 minutes ago, newbryford said:

And RMweb................

:D

Actually I’d say most are a bit reticent about showing off their models , due to the ever present rivet counters but it’s not too bad on here generally I think

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Markwalker67 said:

It be on the website from Monday the option for the ten pounds hope this helps.

For those in a hurry to get the early delivery, Hattons have put an “Add Air Fright” button in the Product Description of the model page. pressing it adds the extra line to the order but of course you will still need to press the “Pre-Order” button for the model.

For those who have already ordered then you have to call them with your existing order number. Doing it today may save on the cost of the phone call (week-end rates):jester: