Class 66 in OO Gauge - New Announcement

Hattons Dave

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Marcoblanco said:

Richard, new junction, on his Facebook. Although he hasn't uploaded a YouTube vid yet.. But he usually does. I'm sure he won't mind me mentioning it!! Been waiting all evening but nothing yet.. Almost time for bed.. Hold on... 

Afraid not. 

4B3E4810-0347-4C0A-8990-2B47E1AD4684.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

To be fair, with the Bachmann vs Hattons debate, think most of it will be down to pure looks and value - I’d expect running to be exemplary on both. I’ve never really been a fan of online or magazine reviews (except Rail Express Modeller’s bold Phil/Gareth/Simon-era) as you never know the credentials of who’s reviewing it and how much they have poured over the prototype pics - no one else was brave enough to call out the original Bachmann 37/4 issue for example!

IMHO you can’t beat hi-res still images from all angles to pour over the detail yourself and make the choice, I also love it when people do a montage with the prototype to assist (anyone remember the Heljan ‘Western’ cab?).

As an absolute ‘66’ nut I’ve spotted parts on the Hattons one that I’d like to experiment playing around with, but it’s so far forward on underframe and grille detail compared to the outgoing Bachmann example, and a good value price point that it’s a no-brainer that Hattons examples would be the ones for the discerning enthusiast to go for in future!

That said, if I see more used & abused Bachmann 66s at the price points I buy at (£50, and trust me you can still find ‘em!) then they will win out for now, and intermingled with some new Hattons ones when feeling flush!

Cheers,

James

• Like 3
  • Agree 4

I complete agree with you James. I’ve kept hold of nearly all my Bachmann 66’s and don’t intend to reduce this. Over the last few years I’ve only got rid of 2 or 3 that just didn’t fit in. 

However the new Hattons model is far superior in detail and lighting not to mention the EM2 speaker and Bifs new sound file. With Hattons getting input from Bif and Mick to help get aspects right this really will be worth waiting for. Having had a sample running on Rannoch back in August, it ran faultlessly round my rather tight fiddle yard curves and into a siding I don’t normally use right at the front of the layout and could crawl along without any issue. The big speaker really works well and I hope to get a couple of EWS examples with sound in service ready for Glasgow.

Thanks

Mark

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
16 hours ago, Marcoblanco said:

Richard, new junction, on his Facebook. Although he hasn't uploaded a YouTube vid yet.. But he usually does. I'm sure he won't mind me mentioning it!! Been waiting all evening but nothing yet.. Almost time for bed.. Hold on... 

14 hours ago, Hilux5972 said:

Afraid not. 

4B3E4810-0347-4C0A-8990-2B47E1AD4684.jpeg

6 hours ago, No Decorum said:

New Junction is one of a handful of people known to provide careful video reviews and acknowledged as such by Hatton’s. It might be that he received a review example early.

Thank you for the replies everyone. 

I haven't seen any others arrive so yes it does look like it's a pre-production sample. Hopefully it won't be too much longer before we see the production models arrive. 

• RMweb Premium
38 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

Just wait till they arrive.

we will be treated to about a million “ opening the box “ videos ....” here it is in the attractive packaging “.

Don't forget the videos showing off the sound features..............

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, newbryford said:

Waits for flurry of "me too" posts...…………..

On a more mundane note,check your cc details are up to date.Just had a slightly frustrating  but ultimately satisfactory exchange with Hattons who phoned me when unwittingly I placed another order with the new card which would......due their system....have gone to the back of the queue .All’s well and thanks to Kate who was very kind and patient with my confusion.Anyway,it all ended happily. No not a “ me too “ post....just a reminder.After all,it’s been quite a while since orders were placed.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

'Pre-production sample' it's described as ... 

'Not a review' ...

If it's not a review, it's pretty close to one - very impressive looking locomotive I must say ... !!

Very nice clear background information.

One of 2 available at the moment - both pre-production.

Al.

Edited by atom3624

I received and reviewed a pre production sample over the weekend. The video will go live on my Youtube channel tomorrow, as will New Junctions own video of his pre production sample. 

the production models of up to and including the rail blue model are in transit. Those that ordered the DC and plain DCC versions before the cut off date will get theirs before Christmas. All the rest are coming in January. 

i reviewed a GBRf example. New Junction has a Freightliner one.  

1F06A44C-701C-476F-9F8C-96D03692E9AF.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, atom3624 said:

'Pre-production sample' it's described as ... 

'Not a review' ...

If it's not a review, it's pretty close to one - very impressive looking locomotive I must say ... !!

Very nice clear background information.

One of 2 available at the moment - both pre-production.

Al.

It's difficult to take a look at something without straying into review territory and I did slip a bit towards the end.  I'm just a bloke with a camera in the attic, I shouldn't be the one telling people what they should or shouldn't purchase.   That said I did enjoy the model and it ran very well, looks promising for the production batch.

Pleased you enjoyed the background info, I do enjoy putting those bits together.

Cheers

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4