Hattons Dave

Class 66 in OO Gauge - New Announcement

35 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Hmm, you seem to overlook that Hattons pay BRM a handsome amount each month for advertising, making BRM a customer of Hattons, and nobody likes upsetting customers.

I highly doubt Hatton's would withdraw advertising from one of the biggest & best UK Railway Modelling mags based on an unbiased review of their products...but totally agree time to move on.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, AlexHolt said:

But thats not what people are talking about is it. The problem people have been discussing is that the reviewers on youtube are affiliated with hattons and are getting paid by hattons. BRM, a company independent from Hattons and not getting paid by the manufacturer to do a review of a product is totally different to someone on the Hattons payroll reviewing a product. 

Oh dear, humour gene disengaged.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Funny 1

I've heard there was a thread on RmWeb about the new all singing dancing, never been done like this class 66 from Hattons.

Anyone know where it went?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 7

1 hour ago, Roy Langridge said:

Hmm, you seem to overlook that Hattons pay BRM a handsome amount each month for advertising, making BRM a customer of Hattons, and nobody likes upsetting customers.

[pedant mode] Technically that makes Hattons a customer of BRM.  BRM supply an advertising facility that Hattons use for a price. [/pedant mode].

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Colin_McLeod said:

[pedant mode] Technically that makes Hattons a customer of BRM.  BRM supply an advertising facility that Hattons use for a price. [/pedant mode].

Oops, that is what I meant :-(

• Friendly/supportive 1

Move on move on,

olympic standard thread creep there....

so has anyone got one of these [email protected]@dy things to show us ? Airfreighted in for xmas - have they been delivered , cos it’s getting a bit near the big day 

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

Regarding delivery, I've just had an email from Hattons to advise that they have merged my order for EWS 66, with another order for a Dapol Class 21. The Dapol 21 has just arrived at Hattons, so the 66s must be imminent, otherwise no sense in merging the orders.

Edit for further news. Another email to say order for merged 21 and 66 order has been processed and paid for, so just waiting for despatch now.

Edited by rembrow
Added info

I suppose the 66es are there as Hattons notified me about taking the money... 

So - it will be before Christmas I think.... 

• Like 1

Hattons eBay page has just been updated with most of the range. Advising 24th of December delivery

Screenshot_20191219-181222.jpg

Just received a short time ago an e-mail from Hattons that they have processed my order - and checked my online banking and the card payment is now showing as a pending transaction.   Looks like "Madge Elliot" could be here by Christmas!

Edited by cessna152towser

7 hours ago, chris37422 said:

Tell them they probably wont be wrapping one for xmas 2019 :P

Joking aside I've accepted I wont be receiving my two in time for Christmas now so have treated myself to a pair of Bachmann 37/7's instead :) Will look forward to getting them in the New Year at some point.

Have a great Christmas all.

Funnily enough just had notification that my order for DCC fitted one has been processed! So they might be wrapping it Christmas Eve then :D

• Like 1

A tranche of Hattons 66 are now on eBay.What was that about getting your order in early ? Cue now for howls of outrage .....hey ho,it’s Christmas.

• Like 1

I've been billed as well ... for Patriot!

Looks like delivery will be fairly soon, as you say ... 

Al.

50 minutes ago, Pegleg90 said:

Funnily enough just had notification that my order for DCC fitted one has been processed! So they might be wrapping it Christmas Eve then :D

Hope you get it :)

• Like 1

I would guess theres the big announcement on there live stream tomorrow at one on you tube.nice to see and hear what your thoughts on them are as i have some sound ones on order.

2 hours ago, Ian Hargrave said:

A tranche of Hattons 66 are now on eBay.What was that about getting your order in early ? Cue now for howls of outrage .....hey ho,it’s Christmas.

All very quickly taken down by the looks of it. Perhaps someone hit the upload button a bit too soon.

• Agree 2

I’ve had 3 of my 4 combined into one order, 66587 is the 4th but this is still to be billed for. 

I thought it was supposed to be airfreighted like the others if preordered before Nov 15th, which mine was

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, eric709 said:

All very quickly taken down by the looks of it. Perhaps someone hit the upload button a bit too soon.

Yes, looks as though the Ebay 66s have been removed. 

I have searched 'Hattons Class 66', 'OO Gauge 66528', 'OO Gauge 66704' etc and their are no results at all for any of the Hattons 66s. 

I was wondering why they were on Ebay considering that only the pre-orders to be fulfilled before Christmas are for the standard DCC Ready models in December 2019 and the rest either DCC Fitted, DCC Sound Fitted and anyone who hasn't pre-ordered alike myself are due to be delivered in January or February 2020. 

I am hoping that these delivery estimates remain correct because on the basis of this I bought the Hornby GWR Limited Edition OOC HST Set. I'm really pleased with it but I just hope that for us non pre-order customers the delivery remains at January/February because if they are in stock now and say listed this month by the time I can get some money together again they may be sold out. So least to say I am hoping that the Ebay listings indeed were in error and said listings won't appear until 2020. 

Hattons staff must be working late. Had an email at 21.30, to advise my EWS66 had been packed and dispatched. As they merged my order with the Dapol Class 22, both have bee sent post and packing free. Thanks, Hattons, with Royal Mail 24 tracked, may be here on Saturday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Same with me. got a letter that item is packed and dispatched at 21:04. 

Looking forward to have it in my home...

• Like 1

I've just had an e-mail stating it is packed, and has been given a reference.

When fed into the RM system they are unable to locate the reference at this time.

I might be wrong, but that infers all is ready to ship, but has not yet been collected by RM.

Al.

They must be working really late, just been notified mines been pack at 22:40 -thought I was mad working till 10:30 tonight, guess not! 

Hattons working hard to keep their promises of delivery of some models before Christmas.

Hat's off and WELL DONE HATTONS!!

Al.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

I feel left out - I haven't had an email from Hattons........................

Do I care?

No - not really. There are more important things in life than a (in very simple terms)  bit of moulded plastic and metal.

It will arrive when it arrives.

• Like 2

Well, between the various arguments over the last few days about affiliates and pre-production models, I thought I had a good question to ask that would have got this thread back on topic, but I guess it'll now get lost in the cloud of 'Hey, mine's on the way......'.

Well, I'll ask the questions anyway.

What is the Hattons DCC chip they use, and can I easily find a suitable 3rd party chip for me to install?

I've ordered a sound 66 and also a plain DC 66 for me to put my own chip in. So I'm wondering now if I'd be better off having a DCC 66 for another £15 or to have the freedom to put my own choice of chip in. If I go the later route will I have a lot of trouble getting a suitable chip to match all the functions?

• Like 3