Jump to content
Non-Gold users will see a video pop-up ad on most screens. This is a test. It should not appear on mobiles etc. ×

Class 66 in OO Gauge - New Announcement


Hattons Dave
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, big jim said:

 

you and your pink one, first you want it to come early, now your worried it’s not gonna come quick enough as it’s in the hands of some seamen! 
 

 

Seems there's nowt premature about it's arrival either way...  :P

  • Funny 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

One would ask why order a pink one in the first place ...


How many pink locos are there in the world let alone Britain? It’d certainly stand out on any modern layout.

 

Jack.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, big jim said:

you and your pink one, first you want it to come early, now your worried it’s not gonna come quick enough as it’s in the hands of some seamen! 


At least you’ll be telling the whole truth when you tell your other half 'I'm going to play with my pink one, I might be some time!!'

 

:senile:

 

Jack.

  • Funny 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold

 

 

For those who who like Pink diesels, I’ve got something altogether different...

As a counter narrative to Steam Punk, I give you

 

 Unsteam Unpunk...

4E3B9814-C245-4E9B-BE38-C9948A57B3F3.jpeg.bb6a63036e1dd95dbf495efda649fd52.jpeg59E7EF49-8BF2-491D-80BF-C8CB288F03FB.jpeg.8f26f929041df19a4e05baddad388d2d.jpeg

 

It used to be pink underneath.

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, stock_2007 said:

So do we know when the next release that includes  my Freightliner 66 that's not green will be here:crazy_mini:

Or my Freightliner one which is green. :D

Who knows? With a shipping route of a few weeks, they are probably somewhere at sea.

You mentioned Chinese New Year earlier. That is not for a couple of weeks anyway & the journey takes a few weeks.

Look on the positive side; no payment is taken until the model gets processed for delivery.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The pink one...

” AS ONE WE CAN “, seems like a bit’s  missing to that name .

 

I’d suggest adding... “ PRETEND IT’S A P#NIS “,

 

after reading this thread.

 

I feel sorry for Hattons Dave .

Edited by rob D2
  • Funny 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold

I was in basford hall the other night and the big pink one was sat next to one of the orange ones, quite a colourful combination!

 

ive got a ‘rainbow respray’ Bachmann 66 in pink, picked it up off a bay for £120 which was an absolute bargain Probably thanks to  Hattons (and Hornby) announcing it in the main range thus reducing its worth

 

7CAE4C2D-6EE7-4B03-BD32-111B41AE4942.jpeg.7f818edf6ac367b07ff88c425cf6111e.jpeg

 

also note the GBRf 60 which I’m glad Hornby never announced this week! 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, rob D2 said:

The pink one...

” AS ONE WE CAN “, seems like a bit’s  missing to that name .

 

I’d suggest adding... “ PRETEND IT’S A P#NIS “,

 

after reading this thread.

 

I feel sorry for Hattons Dave .

This thread was a bit of fun till you started with the smut

  • Funny 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, stock_2007 said:

This thread was a bit of fun till you started with the smut

 

TBH, I've always assumed your continual reference to your 'pink ONE' to have been smutty. My filthy mind, your hypocrisy? You choose.

  • Funny 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, truffy said:

 

TBH, I've always assumed your continual reference to your 'pink ONE' to have been smutty. My filthy mind, your hypocrisy? You choose.

Freightliner class 66 in pink livery with 'one' printed on the side.... how am I being smutty?  I don't think I'll be joining in anymore.

  • Friendly/supportive 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think regardless of whatever euphemisms one can look at in the conversation, the subject is a model class 66 which in real life is actually painted pink.

 

I don't see how this has come to people arguing. Surely we all know we are talking about a locomotive and not a part of the male anatomy?

Edited by TomScrut
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold
33 minutes ago, TomScrut said:

I think regardless of whatever euphemisms one can look at in the conversation, the subject is a model class 66 which in real life is actually painted pink.

 

I don't see how this has come to people arguing. Surely we all know we are talking about a locomotive and not a part of the male anatomy?

Lack of 66’s...

Soon as everyones got their model they’ll stop thinking of other types of models.

just hope when the pink 66 arrives, its clean.. if its weathered some may think it caught something in the far east.

 

In reality how many pink 66’s are there ? I passed on near York a few months back, you couldnt miss it really, no idea the number...

 

fwiw.. the top worst  liveries I can think of are: 41101, 47803, 31116, this Pink 66 fits in the list.

Edited by adb968008
  • Funny 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, stock_2007 said:

Freightliner class 66 in pink livery with 'one' printed on the side.... how am I being smutty?  I don't think I'll be joining in anymore.


sorry, I genuinely thought you were in on the joke, sorry if I’ve offended you at all! 
 

I’ll know in future to handle the pink one with care! 
 

(ok i’ll stop now) 

 

jokes aside though I should imagine that particular livery will be a good seller, it’s certainly very distinctive and something different to have and I bet it will look good pulling a rake of the recently announced Hornby pink ONE containers! 
 

of the 30 or so Bachmann 66s I have I’d say 2/3 of those are some sort of special livery or have livery adornments (mainly GBRF) as I like to have something different but there are a few standard livery locos to return some monotony to the trains

Edited by big jim
  • Agree 3
  • Funny 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, adb968008 said:

Lack of 66’s...

Soon as everyones got their model they’ll stop thinking of other types of models.

just hope when the pink 66 arrives, its clean.. if its weathered some may think it caught something in the far east.

 

In reality how many pink 66’s are there ? I passed on near York a few months back, you couldnt miss it really, no idea the number...

 

fwiw.. the top worst  liveries I can think of are: 41101, 47803, 31116, this Pink 66 fits in the list.

 

As far as I am aware there is only one (pun unintentional), one of the few Freightliner celebs.

 

It's each to their own though. I am just glad somebody has made it as a production run as I wasn't willing to pay respray prices for a respray

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...