Class 66 in OO Gauge - New Announcement

Hattons Dave

I ordered 2 EWS sound fitted in January last year. When the option to pay an additional £10 to have your individual model air freighted was announced in the autumn I ordered an additional DB sound fitted with £10 surcharge.

It was then stated that all models ordered before 15/11/2019 would be air freighted without the additional charge.

I am therefore awaiting 3 sound fitted which I expect to be air freighted, but there has been no confirmation that any more have actually left China after the initial air freighted batch.

Hatton's timeline diagram shows that shipping generally has not yet happened.

It therefore seems likely there will be a further long wait.

I think a statement or update from Hattons is due.

Edited by 89A

31 minutes ago, 89A said:

I think a statement or update from Hattons is due.

Then it would be made to the benefit of all of their customers, either on their site or by email, not just to those on RMweb.

Why don't you contact them directly? You could even post the response here, should you be so inclined.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, truffy said:

Then it would be made to the benefit of all of their customers, either on their site or by email, not just to those on RMweb.

That's what I think is needed.

Hatton's Dave is active on this site so that's why I posted it here.

Afternoon everyone. I used the hattons online chat feature today to ask about the sound fitted 66s and was told they are due to arrive any time now but havnt been given a specific date. They did offer to check specific codes for me but I didn't have one to hand so I'll ask again tomorrow for the 66 I'm after and that's the 66 large logo livery that was due in the first batch. so I'll see what they say tomorrow and feedback.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

To be honest it would be nice if it was kept up to date on this and there project page and i guess Dave must be sick of this by now with the a box issue and the failure of the delivery of the promissed sound models.

It may be they are looking into producing a better fix on them for the a box before they churn out SHED loads.....see what i did there,eh eh

I would rather have it right than a pain and i would have a pair more of the Colas ones for a RHTT if they corrected the body colour cut.

One would think they would know whats going on better than this guessing game though.

I'd imagine that this latest batch would have long been complete and already in a shipping container and on the high seas by the time it was realized there would be any issues surrounding axle boxes, liveries or otherwise.  Likewise, I cannot imagine for one moment that someone will be sitting there individually unpackaging hundreds of models to inspect each and every axle box once they arrive in the UK either - although I could be wrong of course.  We also have to factor in that any delay may well not be due to issues with the models themselves and could realistically be for any other logistical reason.  In my own experience of importing/exporting products/shipments many delays are often due to HMRC, who are very much a law unto themselves and answerable to no one, and if not HMRC then any other myriad of logistical mishaps/delays that can, and usually do occur, for any expected/unexpected reason(s).

Just my twopence-worth... 

cheers

Al 

Edited by YesTor
  • Like 4
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, YesTor said:

I'd imagine that this latest batch would have long been complete and already in a shipping container and on the high seas by the time it was realized there would be any issues surrounding axle boxes, liveries or otherwise.  Likewise, I cannot imagine for one moment that someone will be sitting there unpackaging hundreds of models to individually inspect each axle box once they arrive in the UK either - although I could be wrong of course.  We also have to factor in that any delay may well not be due to issues with the models themselves and could realistically be for any logistical reason.  In my own experience of importing/exporting products/shipments many delays are due to HMRC, who are very much a law unto themselves and answerable to no one, and if not HMRC then any other myriad of logistical mishaps/delays that can, and usually do occur, for any expected/unexpected reason(s).

Just my twopence-worth... 

cheers

Al 

You could well be right about non-model related issues. A whole host of government departments are currently overloaded preparing for Brexit, including some of those that you would not initially have thought would be impacted. 

Roy

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, YesTor said:

I'd imagine that this latest batch would have long been complete and already in a shipping container and on the high seas

Hattons are air freighting the sound fitted versions ordered by customers prior to 15/11/2019.

These are yet to arrive never mind those that are being dispatched by sea.

With passenger flights being suspended I don't know what the implications now are for air freight.

• Informative/Useful 1

27 minutes ago, 89A said:

Hattons are air freighting the sound fitted versions ordered by customers prior to 15/11/2019.

These are yet to arrive never mind those that are being dispatched by sea.

With passenger flights being suspended I don't know what the implications now are for air freight.

I was on the understanding that because they weren't airfreighted in before Xmas that the rest of the models would arrive by sea.

• Agree 3

11 minutes ago, Pre Grouping fan said:

I was on the understanding that because they weren't airfreighted in before Xmas that the rest of the models would arrive by sea.

Incorrect. All models ordered before 15/11/2019 are to be airfreighted as stated by Hattons.

2 hours ago, 89A said:

Incorrect. All models ordered before 15/11/2019 are to be airfreighted as stated by Hattons.

Which in itself is incorrect.
I think the method of travel no longer matters as the original timeline of releases is now lost.

Originally [url=https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/133954-class-66-in-oo-gauge-new-announcement/&do=findComment&comment=3731814]this post[/url]

said all orders that are within 001-031 range will be air freighted (and arrive before Christmas).  032-037 will arrive in December (but may not arrive before Christmas).  A little confusing as I ordered a Sound model - not clear if that was included.

The latest delivery estimates show sound fitted models up to 031 as arriving in "January 2020" - which of course there's only one more day left.

The problem is, because there's only one more day left, it's unlikely they have arrived in the UK, hence those people with expected arrival dates in "January 2020" are getting a little concerned.

I don't really care whether mine is flown or boated - I have already accepted it will probably turn up in the next couple of months - I'll eat my hat if it's arrived today or tomorrow.

Edited by Sir TophamHatt
  • Agree 3

I rang Hattons to be told that they are being told to tell people they will still be here in January, even though I said to him it is the end of January tomorrow. He said they are all coming by boat but have not actually had confirmation that they have left China yet. If they haven’t left yet then they will be delayed due to the Corona Virus.  He said to try ring back next Friday to see if they have an update.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

Indeed the webchat people I spoke with again today say they havnt been recently updated but we're still expecting them by the end of the month/ beginning of next month. And i did say could Dave or someone update the rmweb page and website to keep people happy and theyvsaudcthey would pass that on to Dave. So fingers crossed they'll be an update soon. And there is also the platform 1 YouTube session tomorrow for the same questions to be asked about the 66.

40 minutes ago, 7013 said:

I suspect we will be waiting until around March for our sound locos with all that is happening in China to delay them. 

Events happening in China now & in the last 2 weeks should be irrelevant because.

I rang Hattons to be told that they are being told to tell people they will still be here in January, even though I said to him it is the end of January tomorrow. He said they are all coming by boat but have not actually had confirmation that they have left China yet. If they haven’t left yet then they will be delayed due to the Corona Virus.  He said to try ring back next Friday to see if they have an update.

If that is true, & Hattons stated on the 14th that they expected the remainder of pre-ordered 66s in late January, they should have left China several weeks ago.

Hopefully it will be mentioned in tomorrow's update.

Models due in Q1/Q2 of this year may well be delayed though.

Although remember that the media blows things completely out of proportion so the virus outbreak may not be as bad as we are led to believe.

I have a friend in Thailand who believes that it rains all day every day in the UK. I have told her many times that it doesn't..but unlike there we don't have a rainy season, it just rains when it feels like it. There must have been some very inaccurate reporting because she doesn't seem to believe me.

Edited by Pete the Elaner
Added a ps.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Pete the Elaner said:

Although remember that the media blows things completely out of proportion so the virus outbreak may not be as bad as we are led to believe.

The media may do that but the WHO definitely do not. Corona virus is a dangerous and in many cases deadly disease, and that cannot be overstated. I would rather my 66 was held up for an age if it meant people were safe from this disease.

• Agree 6
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Pete the Elaner said:

As I have mentioned before, I am married into a Chinese family. There is no media hype here - it is bad. My wife's cousin is a very senior figure in the medical community, when he worries, you know you should.

China has a major problem, made worse by the time of year. It now seems that some people were contagious before Chinese New Year, but were unaware - they then travelled in their thousands all around the country, as it their custom.

This could run and run with many production lines being halted. Further, with the WHO getting involved you can see this a global threat, not just one affecting our trains.

Roy

Edited by Roy Langridge
Typo
  • Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Just out of interest for the people who received their Hattons 66s around Christmas time and had some issues with the wheels not sitting at the same height and thus wobbling on the track, has this issue ironed itself out or have you had to return the model to Hattons? 

Also for those who received their 66s with the axel boxes lose in the box or for those who's axel boxes came off during running did you manage to refit them back onto the loco and get them rotating again? If so did you follow the advice that Hattons gave or use your own method? 

Lastly, has anyone as yet bought a standard 66 and fitted their own DCC Decoder? If so did you manage to remove and refit the body without breaking/damaging the model? 

Thank you very much in advance. 

Kind Regards, 

Danny. 

• Like 2

For what its worth I ordered 66789 (non sound) on 11/05/2018 and it was shipped on 20/12/2019

I received it shortly after Christmas (I live in Germany) and it's done a couple of hours around my layout (roughly a 20M circuit, and its a bit rough in places)

and so far nothings fallen off. I fitted it with a DCC Zen black 21 pin decoder and all the lights etc except cab lights work fine.

very fiddly to get the body off and even more fiddle to re-fit due to the Ladders/steps but possible, even if your slightly ham fisted like me.

I like it a lot (its actually a Rule 1 Engine but hey ho...) It was last seen dragging a mixed bunch of  11 BR Mk 1 Coaches (Bachmann/Hornby railroad) and didn't

seem bothered at all.

Regards

Keith

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 7013 said:

The media may do that but the WHO definitely do not. Corona virus is a dangerous and in many cases deadly disease, and that cannot be overstated. I would rather my 66 was held up for an age if it meant people were safe from this disease.

I am not too bothered about my 66 either in the scheme of things, but what do Roger Daltrey & Pete Townshend have to do with it?

• Funny 9