Railway Modeller - Delivery to Rest of World

Theakerr

April RM did not arrive until mid April and May has still not arrived here in the Great White North (Canada).   Historically it would arrive very early in the month and, if my memory is correct, sometimes even before the month had started.  For the most part it is just an annoyance but missed a bargain.   Am i alone in having this problem?  Would appreciate feedback

IIRC they mention the date that the next issue will be published in the previous issue. How does your receipt of that issue compare to those dates?

However I suspect it's more likely to be a postal issue rather than a publishing/send out issue as copies always seem to be available in local shops as expected indicating they are printed as scheduled. And as such it might be a local post service problem - have you checked with them?

G

• RMweb Premium

I received the April issue before the March issue, but I think that was due to a late renewal. I think it came a week or two after I renewed.

I don't think the May issue has appeared. Our local Chaptigo doesn't carry RM.

The mailing address is Hungary or the Czech republic or something.

Thks David.  Basically I know it is a postal issue but I wanted to find out if I am alone with the problem, is it a Canadian problem or do the Guys in Australia have the same problem etc.  When I had a bit more info I intend to contact RM because in the past they have been very responsive and helpful.

Have you considered getting a digital-only subscription? Cheaper, faster delivery (the digital June issue arrived yesterday here in Oz) and no trees are harmed. It's easy to save soft copies of articles you want to keep, and you get digital access to all back issues since 2011.

Last time i looked (a few years back) it was not possible to download anything and based on forum correspondence at the time if I closed my subscription I lost access to all the digital stuff I had purchased.  This was not acceptable.  It sounds like this policy may have changed so I will revisit it.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Last time i looked (a few years back) it was not possible to download anything and based on forum correspondence at the time if I closed my subscription I lost access to all the digital stuff I had purchased.  This was not acceptable.  It sounds like this policy may have changed so I will revisit it.  

Saving/downloading is possible if you 'print to pdf', albeit a rather slow process as you can print a maximum of 2 pages at a time (so an 8 page article will need 4 prints).

The loss of access if a subcription is closed hasn't changed.

Against that, the digital sub allows payment to be spread quarterly (just under  tenner per quarter for my CM sub), the mags take up no* space on my shelves and I get it a day or so before the shelf date every month with no worries about it getting mangled/wet in transit.

*I do save and print the occasional article to file in my filleted articles library, so they take up a little shelf space, but that's my call. 

It had to happen.  On Monday, when my May copy still hadn't arrived I sent an e-mail to RM.  I received a reply the same day with positive remedial action.  On this occasion as on others, I have to say that their service is simply excellent.  Anyway,  you guessed it, the missing issue turned up today posted from Jersey.

• 2 months later...

Just as a matter of interest I am in Edmonton, Alberta. I have a subscription with Newsstand UK and received the latest edition of MRJ, published July 20th approx., on July 31st. Excellent service (no interest other than as a satisfied customer)

After some correspondence with RM, my last two copies have arrived on time.  Basically, an individual at RM took on my situation personally and made special arrangements to ensure that my copies did arrive on time.  Fantastic customer service is all i can say.