Locomotion Models - updates and new coaching stock.

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

Few retailers are set up to deal with volume sales either.

Look around on here and there is similar moaning about the time taken whenever Rails, Kernow, or anyone else gets in an exclusive model and are faced with suddenly having to ship out say 1000+ orders all at once.

So all that does is shift the problem elsewhere.

I think it is also fair to assume that Locomotion will have learned from their attempt at improving shipping times, and with those lessons the next item will proceed in a better fashion.

The solution next time may be to send the following e mail to all customers;

We are pleased to announce that we have taken delivery of the long awaited model of xxxxxxxx. We don't normally have to post 2,000 parcels so distributing them will take some time. We estimate that it will take six weeks to prepare and post all the parcels so please be patient. Previous experience shows that it does not pay to rush these things as mistakes can be made. As our staff will be very busy making up these parcels they will not be dealing with any e mails of the "when will I be getting mine?" "why has Joe Bloggs got his and I am still waiting?" type.

These e mails will be replied to after all parcels have been posted.

Thank you do your understanding. and thank you for purchasing this model"

• RMweb Gold

That is quite a statement to make with no evidence.

Touche

I didn’t mean Stuart or Rapidorepair, who are clearly pulling out the stops in very difficult circumstances . I did mean the people above them who should have ensured proper resources allocated

In fairness to them they did sub contract the delivery to a large courier company with the resources to distribute,  what has gone wrong and why, is unknown to us.

In fairness to them they did sub contract the delivery to a large courier company with the resources to distribute,  what has gone wrong and why, is unknown to us.

Indeed, what they were hoping to be a quick win, meaning 3 days and all UK orders covered, turned into a disaster that has proved to be probably unmanageable and certainly soaked up their resources to the point that they cannot answer the phone nor respond to mails. I have not seen any Rails comm other than the initial "this will take a month to send out". But overall no disaster, easy to contact if needed and people have been getting them. Kernow's comm was exemplary. You knew were you stood.

• RMweb Gold

Many of those pictures also appear in 'The Big Four In Colour' published by Atlantic Press/Pendragon.

Been meaning to source a copy for some time.Now I have further incentive.Colour photography was rare after the war for some time as well btw.

Edit : bought for £3.34 on Amazon just.Thanks for the tip.

Edited by Ian Hargrave

...There are a number of preserved  6-wheelers knocking about, and they are probably a less daunting prospect. Choose the right diagrams and you might be able to produce them in ECJS, GNR and, even, M&GN guises...

...and LNER and BR. They were long lived in service and then 'lived on' allocated as engineering department stock. The six wheel full brake was only barred from fast trains in about 1937 if memory serves. The last time I saw one out on the running lines was about 1966.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

You are making this assumption purely on the basis of what is posted and read on this forum.The management of NRM do not have a presence here.This is left to Stuart and before him Sandra.What is taking place elsewhere is quite another matter.ATM it is speculative to either declare or infer anything.

Look over now on the Single thread and you will see that this issue is addressed with a post from Tom Mackie of the NRM.

R.e GNR six wheelers:

Why worry about whether they'd go behind a C1 when you can run them with an A1?

http://www.davidheyscollection.com/userimages/0000-01-s-lathlane-1471-a.jpg

Here you'll find No.1471 in 1922 on a mixed rake where four of the six discernible coaches are GNR six wheelers!

(All we need then is for Hornby to wise up and release an A1 in GNR colours, but seeing as it isn't a Southern constituent, I sharn't hold my breath!)

• Like 6

All we need then is for Hornby to wise up .... , I sharn't hold my breath!

No, don't!

Sheep who voted a Wolf to head the Board, so far as I can tell! 

But, back to topic, what a wonderful find.

Truly, a prototype for everything.

• Like 3

R.e GNR six wheelers:

Why worry about whether they'd go behind a C1 when you can run them with an A1?

http://www.davidheyscollection.com/userimages/0000-01-s-lathlane-1471-a.jpg

Here you'll find No.1471 in 1922 on a mixed rake where four of the six discernible coaches are GNR six wheelers!

(All we need then is for Hornby to wise up and release an A1 in GNR colours, but seeing as it isn't a Southern constituent, I sharn't hold my breath!)

Ah cool, something to behind my Great Northern too.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Locomotion No. 3

The new team at Locomotion Models is currently looking at the options available from the various GNR vehicles both inside and outside the National Collection. Initial discussions with the Great Northern Railway Society confirmed that there is no easy fix to producing suitable vehicles to run behind the Stirling Single or the Atlantic.

We are of course undertaking further research from the material available to us but at the present time there is nothing beyond that to report. Once we have suitable prototypes identified then we will look at costings etc. with our established manufacturing suppliers.

Whilst we still have plans on the table, this is likely to be a long term rather than a short-term project.

Dennis Lovett

Exclusive Models Marketing Executive

Locomotionmodels.com