A2B Model Railways

andyram

• 1 month later...

Our class 90's arrived a few days ago. DCC Chips also in stock.32-612.jpg.d007eacadf935a154722c543312595fd.jpg32-611.jpg.27bd6a1e878578a54552a4924c11f0f6.jpgIMG_3726.JPG.a3115fa2d421384c198fa6f2168b0a52.JPG

Also, if any of our customers is planning to come and visit us at the Bakewell Exhibition, we sadly will not be there. After being invited to attend by the exhibition manager during my visit last year, to replace a retiring trader, they appear to have "forgotten" all about us and claim to no longer have the space. As a result, we will be open as normal that weekend.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, JohnDMJ said:

Ian and I are on your side! Just keep bachman and their ws at bay! We'll do what we can to support you!

Thanks. You have been a great help during the year, and I have further orders to place with you. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

CHRISTMAS OPENING TIMES

Please be advised that A2B Model Railways Christmas opening times are as follows:

Monday 23rd December:     10.30am - 3.00pm

Christmas Eve:                       10.30am - 3.00pm

Christmas Day:                       CLOSED

Boxing Day:                             CLOSED *The  annual Matlock Bath raft race has also been cancelled due to the river levels*

Friday 27th December:         CLOSED

Saturday 28th December:    10.30am - 5.00pm

Sunday 29th December:       10.30am - 4.00pm

Monday 30th December:      CLOSED

New Year's Eve:                      CLOSED

New Year's Day:                      CLOSED

Thursday 2nd January:          CLOSED

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hornby 2020 RANGE

Pre-order the Hornby 2020 range from us for just a £30 flate rate deposit. Simply select the deposit option on our website, and then enter the model details in the "order notes" section of your order. We will contact you once the item is in stock to arrange final payment.

https://www.a2bmodelrailways.co.uk/Hornby-2020-range. (steam locos)

https://www.a2bmodelrailways.co.uk/Hornby-2020-range-diesel-locos

The deposit option is also open to all other items - including the Bachmann Thomas range.

136_0613.JPG

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

COMPETITON ANNOUNCEMENT

A2B Model Railways are currently running a competition until the end of January. Pre-order any item from the Hornby 2020 range from our website and be entered into a draw for a £50 gift voucher. 

www.a2bmodelrailways.co.uk

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Just to update those RMWeb members who are customers of A2B Model Railways. 

I will be reducing the weekday opening hours for the next two weeks (week commencing 16th and 23rd March). There are two reasons for this:

1) Due to the recent government advice I feel that reduced opening hours will suit the levels of visitors to Matlock Bath.

2) The new hours will allow me to undertake the school run for our foster child and remove the need for my wife to travel on public transport.

These hours should still cover our peak weekday hours of trading. We will be open:

Tuesday 10.00am - 3.00pm

Thursday 10.00am - 2.00pm

Friday.      10.00am - 2.00pm

Saturday. 10.30am - 5.00pm.

Vigilant cleaning of all doors, shelves and card machines will be regularly undertaken to make the shop as safe to visit as possible. 

For those who do not want to venture out  - a reminder that I offer free postage on most online orders. I am also offering a SKYPE service allowing face to face interaction without visiting the shop. (contact details on the website)

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 7

CORONA VIRUS UPDATE

Following this weekend's madness in Matlock Bath I have made the difficult decision to close the doors of the shop for the time being. The level of people coming into Matlock Bath this weekend has been ridiculous considering the latest government advice. I feel that remaining open as a physical shop would be irresponsible at this present moment.

A2B Model Railways remains OPEN FOR BUSINESS via the website, telephone and SKYPE orders Contact me via SKYPE on kingston129@hotmail.co.uk

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 9

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, andyram said:

CORONA VIRUS UPDATE

Following this weekend's madness in Matlock Bath I have made the difficult decision to close the doors of the shop for the time being. The level of people coming into Matlock Bath this weekend has been ridiculous considering the latest government advice. I feel that remaining open as a physical shop would be irresponsible at this present moment.

A2B Model Railways remains OPEN FOR BUSINESS via the website, telephone and SKYPE orders Contact me via SKYPE on kingston129@hotmail.co.uk

North Norfolk was the same Andy , idiots and second Homers all over the place bringing potential contamination to areas that are low just for their own satisfaction 

6 hours ago, russ p said:

North Norfolk was the same Andy , idiots and second Homers all over the place bringing potential contamination to areas that are low just for their own satisfaction 

it is mad isn’t? I was closed yesterday as I normally am at this time of year but saw the photos everybody from the town was sharing. Many retailers in the area took the decision to close after yesterday’s madness.

• Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, andyram said:

it is mad isn’t? I was closed yesterday as I normally am at this time of year but saw the photos everybody from the town was sharing. Many retailers in the area took the decision to close after yesterday’s madness.

This situation was repeated in many areas all over the UK this weekend.Matlock Bath is a magnet for bikers of all descriptions.Yesterday was no exception.The message is either not getting through or is being ignored in pursuit of personal recreation. Annoyingly,this arrogant lunacy did not receive a single mention on last night’s BBC 10:00 News.

Why not,as it was widely reported on the BBC News App with angry contributions from Matlock Bath residents ? You really have tear your hair in anger and frustration.

The analogy is of Nero fiddling while Rome burns.We are implored not to travel.Such behaviour is despicable and makes a mockery of the flag waving chauvinistic pride as we left the EU.

• Agree 6

• RMweb Gold

Problem is if you live in a tourist areas you still may need to walk your dog and get groceries its unfair of these idiots to come to there areas and potentially bring the infection. 

The second homers should also go home as the health service is geared up for indigenous residents rather than tourists 

• Agree 4

• 2 months later...

A2B Model Railways reopened on Tuesday and will be opening with following restricted opening hours

Monday  & Wednesday (appointments only - these can be booked online with thirty minute slots available between 9am - 1pm

Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 10am - 2pm (appointments also available between 9am - 10am

Saturday 10am - 4pm

I am limiting capacity to two people or one family group at a time. Hand sanitizer to be used if handling products. Cash accepted but card payments are preferred.

The opening hours will be extended in July.

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...

I have been away from RMWeb due to a variety of family pressures during lockdown however I would like to reassure everyone that A2B Model Railways is open as normal. Our shop in Matlock Bath has now returned to normal opening hours and we are open every Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday between 10.30am and 5.00pm. We are also open Sunday’s 10.00am - 4.00pm.

if you want to come to the shop outside of regular opening times we offer appointment based shopping slots between 9.00am and 10.30am on every day we are open except Sunday. We also offer late slots between 4.00pm and 7.00pm on Thursdays.

Our website is also available and we are now taking pre-orders on lol Bachmann Autumn 2020 announcements 

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Having used Trackshack  very successfully as my main go to shop over several years prior to their sad closure  I had need to find a similar supplier so gave A2B Model Railways a go. 

I have to say I was not disappointed, the level of pricing and quality of service was excellent my being kept informed of the progress of the web site  purchase resulting in free delivery the following day.   

Needless to say my future purchases will be made from the A2B model shop.

• Like 2