"NO RISK OFFER WHEN YOU SUBSCRIBE TO BRM

5 ISSUES FOR ONLY £5 
+
WE WILL EVEN GIVE YOU A FREE 
Hornby BR BLACK 0-4-0 LOCO

BUT HURRY WE ONLY HAVE 50 LEFT!

ONCE THEY'RE GONE, THEY'RE GONE...

We hope you will enjoy BRM just as much as we do,
but if you don't there will be nothing more to pay. 
If you do agree we'll continue to send it to you for just 
£12.49 a quarter by Direct Debit.
"

Letter come today but says "All Direct Debits subscripts are for a minimum of one year."!?!?!
It said it was no risk and "If you do agree we'll continue to send it to you for just £12.49 a quarter by Direct Debit." ?! Very confused...?

Hi central trains,

I got a similar offer as part of the April 2018 issue which said no risk offer 3 issues for 99p each, 'we are sure you will love BRM but if you don't you can cancel and there will be nothing left to pay'.

Signed up and got the letter last week which also said that the subscription is a minimum term of 1 year. I was planning on emailing a photo of the page if I decide to cancel after 3 issues but any further information would be appreciated.

Got same letter today and it annoyed me. I don't believe they can enforce this, since it's against the direct debit guarantee.

In fact at the bottom of the letter the guarantee states:-

"You can cancel a DD at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society"

I often cancel using online banking, since most companies make it simple to buy online and then provide no simple method to cancel.

We will get clarification for you all on Monday. But don't worry, we will make sure the original terms are honoured as the yearly clause is probably a carry over from a standard letter.

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you as I've been out most of the week. I can confirm that you will be able to cancel at any time (and the subscriptions department are aware of this); we hope that you will actually enjoy the content and feel it worthwhile continuing with of course. I'm just working on all the layout content through to the end of the year at the moment and we've got some really good content coming up over the next 6+ months.